Michigan and Michigan State have likely played their way into the men’s NCAA Tournament.
But a couple wins for either team in this week’s Big Ten Tournament wouldn’t hurt.
The Wolverines play at 11:30 a.m. Thursday against Indiana in the second round of the tournament, while the Spartans play at 6:30 p.m. against Maryland.
How to watch the Big Ten Tournament
The Big Ten men’s basketball tournament starts Wednesday night, with the bottom four teams in action. It wraps up Sunday, with one of the final games before the NCAA Tournament field is announced.
All games are played at Gainbridge Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
- First Round, Wednesday, March 9 (Big Ten Network)
- No. 13 Northwestern 71, No. 12 Nebraska 69
- No. 11 Penn State 60, No. 14 Minnesota 51
- Second Round, Thursday, March 10 (Big Ten Network)
- No. 8 Michigan vs. No. 9 Indiana, 11:30 a.m.
- No. 5 Iowa vs. No. 13 Northwestern, 25 minutes after Game 1
- No. 7 Michigan State vs. No. 10 Maryland, 6:30 p.m.
- No. 6 Ohio State vs. No. 11 Penn State, 25 minutes after Game 3
- Quarterfinals, Friday, March 11 (Big Ten Network)
- No. 1 Illinois vs. Michigan/Indiana, 11:30 a.m.
- No. 4 Rutgers vs. Iowa/Northwestern, 25 minutes after Quarterfinal 1
- No. 2 Wisconsin vs. Michigan State/Maryland, 6:30 p.m.
- No. 3 Purdue vs. Ohio State/Penn State, 25 minutes after Quarterfinal 3
- Semifinals, Saturday, March 12 (CBS)
- Semifinal 1, 1 p.m.
- Semifinal 2, 25 minutes after Semifinal 1
- Final, 3:30 p.m., Sunday, March 13 (CBS)
Big Ten Tournament betting odds
Despite entering the tournament as the No. 3 seed, Purdue is the favorite to cut down the nets in Indianapolis.
But the odds reflect a league that has been volatile all season, and is filled with contenders. Rutgers, for instance, is the No. 4 seed after pulling off multiple wins against some of the conference’s top teams, but its odds put it behind both Michigan and Michigan State in the eyes of the sportsbooks.
The Wolverines, who won three of their final five games, including a blowout of Michigan State and road win at Ohio State, are at to win the Big Ten Tournament. They will be welcoming back coach Juwan Howard, who was suspended for the final five games of the regular season because of his actions following Michigan’s loss against Wisconsin.
Michigan State is at after limping to the finish line, losing seven of its last 10 games. Of course, one of its wins came against league favorite, Purdue.
DraftKings MI Sportsbook promo: Big Ten Tournament boosts
DraftKings MI Sportsbook is offering a special profit boost for users in Big Ten country.
The Big Ten Tournament boost pack offers three 10% profit boosts for those who opt-in, and can be used on any college basketball games — not just the Big Ten Tournament — between Wednesday, March 9, and Friday, March 11.
The boost must be selected from your bet slip prior to making the bet. The maximum bet is $50, and there’s a maximum of $500 in additional winnings.
Boosts can be used for pre-match bets, same-game parlays and live bets. The promotion excludes traditional parlays, free bets, cash out bets, voided bets and other odds boosts.
Users must be located in Iowa, Indiana, Illinois or Michigan.