Turns out that one-week reprieve from all things bad relative to the Detroit Lions was just that.
A reprieve is better than nothing, but it isn’t much.
On the heels of the final-play victory against the Minnesota Vikings to get in the win column, a depleted Lions group was thrashed 38-10 by the Denver Broncos this past Sunday.
Moreover, the mojo of a more explosive offensive performance was dimmed with last weekend’s effort in relation to your Lions NFL prop bets.
Still, even though the Lions are just 1-11-1 overall, the Michigan sports betting market has been friendly if you’re betting relative to the spread. Detroit is 8-5 against the number, even after that Week 14 clunker.
All the while, we’re taking stock each week of where player goals are shaping up on those season-long NFL prop bets.
We’re also circling back to some of the concrete season-long bets (like division, conference, and win totals), although you know where those are headed.
The next update will come after the Lions host the Arizona Cardinals, themselves reeling after a home loss on Monday Night Football to old Detroit friend Matthew Stafford and the Los Angeles Rams.
Remember, too, that each week in a 17-game season now accounts for roughly 5.9% of your season total. So we’re at the 76.5% mark through the campaign after 13 Lions games.
Detroit Lions vs. Arizona Cardinals: Week 15 NFL Odds
Season-long BetMGM props
- Detroit Lions making the playoffs (+700 Yes, -1100 No) — … They’re already officially out of contention. So. Nope.
- Scaled over/under win totals charts, from 1.5 (over -1600, under +800) to 9.5 (over +1100, under -3000) — A month ago, I thought the Lions might still win four games. That +800 mark for under 1.5 is looking like the big sweat.
- Exact regular-season totals, odds ranging from +450 (same odds for 4 or 5) to +100000 (same odds for 15, 16 or 17) — Even that four or five mark has been out of the picture for a while.
- Stage of elimination: Miss playoffs (-1100), lose wild card (+1000), lose divisional (+1600), lose NFC title game (+10000), lose the Super Bowl (+15000), win the Super Bowl (+25000) — The overwhelming favorite will cash.
- Week of Lions’ first win and loss — Week 1 loss saw an overwhelming -350 return in most markets; the first-win story was a pretty payout for anyone who picked the Vikings rematch.
- Lions to start 4-0, 0-4, 6-0 or 0-6 — Many paydays abound on the losing end.
- Win all six division games (+25000), or lose all six (+400) — The +400 market failed with that first victory being against an NFC North foe.
- Win all home or road games (+100000 each), or lose them all (+1600 home, +400 road) — The +400 market here has just two more hurdles left (at Atlanta, at Seattle) before a possible success.
- Will a game end in a tie? (+1600 Yes) — Thanks to Detroit, this hit-and-hope became a smash hit with that Steelers game.
Detroit Lions DraftKings special prop bets
In addition to some standard team futures, DraftKings Sportsbook was offering these unique regular-season betting markets and parlay combos.
D’Andre Swift over 51.5 receptions AND Breshad Perriman (now with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers) over 740.5 receiving yards, +250
Swift, 56 receptions; Perriman, 82 yards.
Of note: Brashad Perriman caught the game-winning touchdown in overtime for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last week. But he won’t get past the total needed here for this bet to cas.
Jamaal Williams over 725.5 rushing yards AND T.J. Hockenson over 5.5 receiving touchdowns, +225
Williams, 459 yards; Hockenson, 4 touchdowns.
Of note: The Swift injury turned a few heads relative to Williams’ total here. But then Williams found himself on the COVID-19 list last week and didn’t play, either. So this as a brutal week for the running back room.
Jared Goff over 21.5 touchdown passes AND D’Andre Swift over 7.5 rushing touchdowns AND T.J. Hockenson over 775.5 receiving yards, +550
Goff, 14 touchdowns; Swift, 4 touchdowns; Hockenson, 583 yards.
Romeo Okwara over 8.5 sacks AND Amon-Ra St. Brown over 500.5 receiving yards, +275
Okwara, 1 sack; St. Brown, 511 yards.
Of note: Okwara suffered a torn Achilles tendon against the Bears in Week 4, bringing his season (and the prospects of this bet) to a premature end.
Lions-focused DraftKings match prop bets
DraftKings also had a few individual head-to-head bets involving Lions players.
More passing yards: Jared Goff (-150) vs. Ryan Fitzpatrick (+115)
Goff, 2,791 yards, Fitzpatrick, 13 yards.
Of note: Ryan Fitzpatrick is having season-ending hip surgery. So any Goff bettors are winners here.
More passing touchdowns: Jared Goff (-110) vs. Zach Wilson (-120)
Goff, 14 touchdowns; Wilson, 6 touchdowns.
Of note: Goff’s one touchdown last week against Denver beat Wilson’s zero against the New Orleans Saints. So the lead in this pillow fight grows.
More rushing yards: D’Andre Swift (-165) vs. Mike Davis (+120)
Swift, 555 yards; Davis, 382 yards.
Of note: Swift had taken charge in recent weeks, but his injury brings more doubt into this bet than one would expect.
More rushing touchdowns: D’Andre Swift (-130) vs. David Montgomery (+100)
Swift, 4 touchdowns; Montgomery, 4 touchdowns.
Of note: Ditto the Swift uncertainty here, too. That said, Montgomery didn’t score on the ground in a high-octane affair last Sunday night against the Green Bay Packers, so there’s a temporary sigh of relief here.
Select Detroit Lions 2021 NFL player prop bets
Jared Goff NFL props
Passing yards (2,791 so far in 2021)
- Over/under 4,015.5 at FanDuel Sportsbook (-112 each way)
- DraftKings: 3,995.5 (-115 each way)
- BetMGM Sportsbook: 3,995.5 (-110 each way)
Passing touchdowns (14)
- DraftKings: 20.5 (over -110, under -120)
- BetMGM: 20.5 (over -115, under -110)
- DraftKings: 13.5 (over/under, each -115)
Of note: Barring a late-season collapse on the turnover front, Goff’s interception total looks safe on the under. He’d have to average 1.5 a game from here to go over.
T.J. Hockenson NFL props
Receiving yards (583)
- FanDuel: 775.5 (over -118, under -108)
- DraftKings: 770.5 (over/under, each -115)
- BetMGM: 775.5 (over/under, each -110)
Receiving touchdowns (4)
- DraftKings: 5 (over -120, under -110)
- DraftKings: 77.5 (over/under, each -115)
Of note: Hockenson missed last week’s game against Denver with a hand injury, denting the yardage hopes a bit.
D’Andre Swift NFL props
Rushing yards (555)
- FanDuel: 875.5 (over -102, under -126)
- DraftKings: 900.5 (over -110, under -120)
- BetMGM: 900.5 (over/under, each -110)
Rushing touchdowns (4)
- DraftKings: 8.5 (over +110, under -140)
- DraftKings: 52.5 (over/under, each -110)
Of note: Receptions mark? A win! Rushing yards and touchdowns? D’Andre Swift’s shoulder injury is a huge setback.
Romeo Okwara NFL props
- DraftKings: 7.5 (over +110, under -140)
Of note: The Achilles tendon tear ripples into this bet, too.