The Detroit Tigers (76-83) will look to Niko Goodrum, who is coming off of a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox (91-68) at 8:10 PM ET Friday on Bally Sports Detroit. Goodrum and the Tigers are +225 underdogs for the contest, according to bookmakers’ Friday morning ofdds. Lance Lynn starts for Chicago, while Detroit will counter with Wily Peralta.
Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox Betting Odds
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Wily Peralta
- Peralta makes the start for the Tigers, his 18th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 3.08 ERA and 55 strikeouts in 87-2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Royals, when the right-hander went 4-2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up eight hits.
- Peralta has collected five quality starts this year.
- The Tigers have gone 27-18 in games when the starter records a quality start.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .278 for Detroit with a team-high 84 RBI.
- Schoop enters this game on a 11-game hitting streak, during which he’s hitting .349 with two homers.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .271 with an OBP of .352 and a slugging percentage of .445 this season.
- Candelario ranks first in slugging among qualified hitters in the majors.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from