The Detroit Tigers (74-78) are set to take on the Chicago White Sox (85-66) on Wednesday. The White Sox enter the matchup as -170 favorites on the moneyline, and action gets underway from Comerica Park at 1:10 PM ET on Bally Sports Detroit.
Chicago’s Reynaldo Lopez and Detroit’s Casey Mize have been named the starters for this contest.
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Casey Mize
- Mize makes the start for the Tigers, his 29th of the season. He is 7-8 with a 3.64 ERA and 111 strikeouts in 143 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Friday against the Rays, when he tossed three innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Mize has 12 quality starts under his belt this year.
- The Tigers have gone 27-17 in games when the starter records a quality start.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .275 with 16 home runs and 65 RBI for Detroit this season.
- Candelario enters this game on a five-game hitting streak.
- Jonathan Schoop leads Detroit in runs batted in with 78 while batting .273 with 20 homers.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from