The Detroit Tigers (74-78) are -120 favorites when they meet the Kansas City Royals (69-83) at 7:10 p.m. ET Friday. Akil Baddoo has 98 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Comerica Park, live on Bally Sports Detroit. Casey Mize starts for Detroit, while Kansas City will counter with Carlos Hernandez.
Detroit Tigers vs. Kansas City Royals Betting Odds
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Casey Mize
- Mize (7-8) will take to the mound for the Tigers and make his 29th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in three innings pitched against the Rays on Friday.
- In 28 starts this season, he’s earned 12 quality starts.
- Their pitchers have logged 23 quality starts when pitching at home.
Tigers Hitting Leaders
- Jeimer Candelario has 41 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 57 walks while hitting .275.
- Candelario takes a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. During that streak, he is batting .316 with a double, two home runs, a walk and four RBIs.
- Jonathan Schoop has been productive as he leads his team with 78 RBI.
- Schoop ranks 13th in hits among the qualifying hitters in MLB play.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from