The Kansas City Royals (70-83) are +115 underdogs for their meeting with the -135 favorite Detroit Tigers (74-79) at 6:10 p.m. ET Saturday. Hunter Dozier has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Comerica Park, live on Bally Sports Detroit. Tarik Skubal gets the starting nod for Detroit, while Jon Heasley is Kansas City’s starter for the contest.
Tigers vs. Royals Betting Odds
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Tarik Skubal
- The Tigers will send Skubal (8-12) to the mound for his 28th start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed three hits in three innings against the Rays.
- He has started 27 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in eight of them.
- In 78 games at home this season, their pitchers average eight strikeouts per nine innings.
Tigers Hitting Leaders
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .274 with 41 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 59 walks.
- Among the qualified batters in MLB, Candelario’s .452 SLG ranks first.
- Jonathan Schoop’s 78 runs batted in lead his team.
- Schoop brings a five-game hitting streak into this game. Over that span he is batting .278 with a double, two walks and an RBI.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from