Miguel Sano is on the brink of his 100th hit of the season for the Minnesota Twins (70-87) as they get set to take on the Detroit Tigers (75-82) at 7:40 p.m. ET on Wednesday. The Twins enter the matchup as morning -180 favorites on the moneyline, and action from Target Field will be live on Bally Sports Detroit. Minnesota’s Michael Pineda gets the start, and he’ll go against Detroit’s Casey Mize.
Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers Betting Odds
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Casey Mize
- Mize (7-8) takes the mound first for the Tigers in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.63 ERA in 146-1/3 innings pitched, with 114 strikeouts.
- In his last outing on Friday against the Kansas City Royals, the righty threw three innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- Mize has 12 quality starts under his belt this season.
- The Tigers have gone 15-41 this season in games the team has given up two or more home runs.
- Jeimer Candelario has been key for Detroit with 149 hits, an OBP of .351 plus a slugging percentage of .449.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Candelario ranks first in slugging.
- Jonathan Schoop leads Detroit in runs batted in (81) this season. He’s batting .276 while slugging .431.
- Schoop enters this game on a nine-game hitting streak. He’s hitting .324 over that span with one homer.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from