The Tampa Bay Rays (90-56) are -210 favorites when they play the Detroit Tigers (70-76) at 7:10 PM ET on Thursday. Manuel Margot has 97 hits on the season and will hope to hit his milestone 100th once the game begins at Tropicana Field, live on Bally Sports Detroit. Louis Head takes the mound for Tampa Bay while Tyler Alexander is Detroit’s starter for the contest.
Tampa Bay Rays at Detroit Tigers: Betting Odds
Tigers Probable Starting Pitcher: Tyler Alexander
- Alexander (2-2 with a 4.09 ERA and 71 strikeouts in 83 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Tigers, his 12th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday against the Rays, the lefty threw 4 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- Alexander has one quality start this year.
- The Tigers are 26-17 in the quality starts registered by their pitchers.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .277 for Detroit with a team-high 77 RBI.
- Schoop ranks ninth in hits among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jeimer Candelario has 140 hits and an OBP of .349 to go with a slugging percentage of .445 this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Candelario ranks first in SLG in the league.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from