As we approach March Madness, DraftKings Sportsbook wants to give away some free bets to new users in Michigan.
From now until Feb. 28, the online sportsbook is offering up a Bet $1, Win $100 to first-time depositors in the state.
The offer is good for any college basketball or any NBA contest during the period. Here’s what you need to know about this bonus… and the games that might be worthwhile in the week ahead.
Earn $100 in free bets with a single 3-pointer? Here’s how
The DraftKings Michigan promotion is pretty simple. Any new user that places a $1 wager on any basketball game through Feb. 28 will get $100 in free bets if that team hits a 3-pointer during the game.
It’s a limited-time offer for new customers at DraftKings.
To take part, do the following:
- Sign up for a DraftKings account.
- Make a deposit of $5 or more into your account.
- Following the deposit, place a bet of at least $1 on a moneyline or spread for any college or NBA basketball game between now and Feb. 28.
- If the team you bet on hits a 3-pointer during that game, you’ll be issued a $100 bonus.
- The original bet must be placed prior to the start of the game.
- One qualifying bet per user.
- The contest excludes live bets, parlays, free bets, cash-out bets, and voided bets.
The $100 bonus will be issued as four $25 free bets. Those free bets will be valid for seven days. Failure to use them will void the award.
Those free bets are not redeemable for cash, are non-transferable and non-refundable. However, any winnings from the free bets will be yours to keep and redeem.
Which leads us to an important question: Where and when should you place your $1 bet?
Michigan, MSU busy over the next week
If you’re interested in using your offer on Michigan or Michigan State basketball, you’ll have plenty of chances.
Michigan is coming off a 71-64 victory over Rutgers on Thursday night to move to 15-1 on the season and maintain their top spot in the Big Ten Conference standings at 10-1.
The third-ranked Michigan Wolverines haven’t been shy about knocking down 3-pointers. They average just under 8 per game.
Michigan takes its high-powered offense on the road over the next week. The Wolverines face off with No. 4 Ohio State on Sunday at 1 p.m. (CBS) before heading to Indiana on Feb. 27.
MSU has hit desperation mode after a loss to Purdue on Tuesday. At 10-9, the Spartans are in great danger of missing out on the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 1997.
Despite the struggles of the MSU offense, the Spartans are still a sure thing to hit a 3-pointer. MSU is averaging just over 7 per game this season.
MSU has four games from now until Feb. 28 as they make up some previously postponed contests.
- Saturday, Feb. 20 at Indiana – Noon (ESPN)
- Tuesday, Feb. 23 vs. Illinois – 7 p.m. (FS1)
- Thursday, Feb. 25 vs. Ohio State – TBD
- Sunday, Feb. 28 at Maryland – 2 p.m. (CBS)
Exciting NBA matchups ahead next week, too
Should Michigan and Michigan State not entice your $1 wager, there is no shortage of featured NBA games to bet on in the next week.
Pending any COVID-19 issues, the Detroit Pistons are scheduled to have six games from today until Feb. 28. Detroit continues a five-game road stand before returning home toward the end of next week.
- Friday, Feb. 19: At Memphis, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 21: At Orlando, 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 23: At Orlando, 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: At New Orleans, 8 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 26: Vs. Sacramento, 8 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 28: Vs. New York, 8 p.m.
Around the league, some of the top matchups over the next week include:
- Friday, Feb. 19: Utah at LA Clippers, 10 p.m. (ESPN)
- Sunday, Feb. 21: Brooklyn at LA Clippers, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
- Monday, Feb. 22: Portland at Phoenix, 9 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 24: LA Lakers at Utah, 10 p.m. (ESPN)
- Friday, Feb. 26: Portland at LA Lakers, 10 p.m. (ESPN)
- Sunday, Feb. 28: Golden State at LA Lakers, 8 p.m. (ESPN)
The Lakers and Jazz meeting on Feb. 24 features the two teams with the best records in the NBA right now.
It is a rare thing for any of the teams listed above to not make a 3-pointer during any given game, and that leads us to our final question.
Is this offer too good to be true? No, it’s real and just as easy to opt-in as it sounds. In a market as new as Michigan’s, free bets, bonuses, and promotions like these will be commonplace.
And that’s ultimately the point: DraftKings is giving away $100 in free bets. What are you waiting for?