Over the next week, both the Detroit Red Wings and Detroit Pistons begin their 2022-23 seasons.
That means that both squads are about to be spending a lot of time at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.
The Red Wings open the NHL season at home on Friday, Oct. 14 against the Montreal Canadiens. The Detroit Pistons open at home on Wednesday, Oct. 19 against the Orlando Magic.
Little Caesars Arena is just over five years old, but is one of the great venues for fans to enjoy a sporting event. It’s also very friendly for Michigan sports betting enthusiasts.
If making your way to LCA, it’s important to know what to expect on your way and what’s available to you upon your arrival.
Red Wings & Pistons home schedules
Both the Pistons and Red Wings play an 82-game regular season. That will include 41 home games.
The Pistons will have one of their home games take place in France on Jan. 19 against the Chicago Bulls, leaving them with 40 home games this season.
Here’s a look at how many games at LCA each team has by month.
- October: Red Wings – 5; Pistons – 4
- November: Red Wings – 8; Pistons – 6
- December: Red Wings – 5; Pistons – 8
- January: Red Wings – 7; Pistons – 6
- February: Red Wings – 5; Pistons – 6
- March: Red Wings – 8; Pistons – 8
- April: Red Wings – 3; Pistons – 2
What Little Caesars Arena offers sports bettors
In 2021, PointsBet Sports Bar opened up at Little Caesars Arena.
Sponsored by PointsBet Sportsbook, the sports bar also functions like a digital sportsbook. Customers and fans get an enhanced betting experience while using the PointsBet app in the bar.
A 7,200 square foot, full-service bar and restaurant is available for both Pistons and Red Wings home games.
PointsBet bar features the following:
- Betting-themed pub fare
- Nearly 30 TVs
- Unique programming
- VIP access
- Gaming promotions
- Real-time odds updates, including integrated live odds during games
Exclusively for Pistons homes games is the BetRivers Backcourt Club.
Located behind the visiting baseline, the BetRivers Backcourt Club will provide an all-inclusive and exclusive floor level experience for members.
BetRivers is a product of Rush Street Interactive. Attendees of the BetRivers Backcourt Club will have access to RSI’s betting options for Pistons games and thousands of other annual sporting events, as well as their online casino games.
Getting to Little Caesars Arena
LCA is located at 2645 Woodward Avenue, right in the heart of downtown Detroit.
- From I-75 South: If you are heading South on I-75, take exit 52 toward Mack Ave. From there merge onto Chrysler Drive until reaching the light. Use the right two lanes to turn right onto Mack Ave. After half a mile, turn left onto Woodward Ave. LCA will be about half a mile down on your right.
- From I-75 North: If you are heading North on I-75, take exit 50 toward Grand River Ave. Continue onto W Fisher Service Dr. until getting to Cass Ave. Turn left. After a quarter mile, turn right onto Temple St. In just 0.2 miles, turn right onto Woodward Ave. You will see LCA on your right.
- From M-10 South: If traveling on M-10 S, take exit 2C toward M-5 East/Grand River Ave. Follow signs for Temple Street (a fork left then a fork right). Merge onto Temple St. and take for half a mile before turning right onto Woodward Ave. Little Caesars Arena will be on your right.
- From I-94: Whether going East or West on I-94, merge onto I-75 South and follow the directions from there.
Parking at Little Caesars Arena
Similar to Ford Field, there are plenty of options to park at or near LCA.
The closest is Little Caesars Arena Garage, which is located right next to the arena.
A total of 32 public parking locations are available throughout the District Detroit, all within a 10-minute walk of LCA.
Be advised that doors to LCA generally open 1.5 hours prior to the start time for a Pistons or Red Wings game.
Parking locations that aren’t private lots are credit card only and oversized vehicles are not permitted.
Event parking begins four hours prior to the start and ends two hours after an event.
Ridesharing drop-off and pickup services like Uber are available on the I-75 service drive between Park St. and Woodward Ave.
Detroit Pistons & Red Wings Tickets
Both the Red Wings and the Pistons use Ticketmaster for online purchases.
The LCA Box office is open Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-5:30 p.m. It is located on Woodward Ave., adjacent to the Chevrolet Entry on the Northeast end of the arena.
On days of events, the box office opens at 11 a.m. and closes 60 minutes after the start time of the event.
Entry into LCA is done through mobile ticketing only. Guests are encouraged to add their tickets to the Apple Wallet or Google Pay prior to arrival for an efficient entry process.
When purchasing tickets online, Ticketmaster will provide a chart of available seats in each section, or list based on your pricing preferences.
Thankfully for fans, Little Caesars Arena provides a lot of great views from around the stadium, as well as conveniently located food and drink sales. You don’t need to overspend to feel like you’ll have a good view of the action.
Pistons tickets are going as low as $24 before fees. Red Wings tickets are starting as low as $54 before fees.
Food, beverage options at Little Caesars Arena
If you are looking for specific food or drink options at LCA, it probably has you covered.
Dozens of beer and liquor options are available throughout the arena, as well as varieties of food.
LCA is a cash-free venue. All points of sale at the arena require cashless payment methods.
Payment options through mobile devices (ex: Apple Pay) and traditional scan/chip options on debit/credit cards will be implemented.
Kiosks are available to convert cash to a VISA card with no fees or extra charges. Reverse ATM kiosks are also located at portals 8 and 58, as well as the main box office.