Are you at risk for bet regret?
That’s the question the Michigan Gaming Control Board would like to help you find out.
The MGCB is now offering an interactive quiz to help identify problem gambling. The quiz is part of their latest Responsible Gambling campaign, “Don’t Regret The Bet.”
What is the MGCB Don’t Regret The Bet Quiz?
The quiz is 10 statements where you answer “yes” or “no” based on how it applies to you.
The more statements that pertain to you put you at higher risk of being a problem gambler.
Here are the 10 statements provided:
- A friend or loved one has expressed concern about my gambling.
- I’ve sold something, borrowed, or taken money to gamble or make up for gambling losses.
- When I cut back or stop gambling, I feel restless or irritable.
- When I’m feeling bad, gambling is a welcome distraction and can make me feel better.
- I’ve hidden how much I gamble from others.
- When I lose money gambling, I return to win it back later.
- I think about gambling a lot, plan my next bet, or relive gambling stories by telling them to others.
- I’ve been wagering larger amounts of money to keep it fun and exciting.
- Gambling has negatively affected my relationships.
- I’ve tried to cut back or quit gambling but haven’t been successful.
Quiz one of many Don’t Regret The Bet tools
The MGCB is making clear that the quiz is not a diagnostic tool. It is simply an aid to keep consumers aware of potential problem gambling.
The Don’t Regret The Bet website contains further resources for those looking to seek help for themselves or someone they know.
Along with the quiz, you can find:
- Problem Gambling resources
- Online responsible gaming tools
- Problem Gambling self-assessment tools
- Signs for Problem Gambling for seniors
- Signs of Problem Gambling for parents of teenagers
If you or someone you know needs help, you are still encouraged to call the Michigan Problem Gambling Helpline at 1-800-270-7117.
Screenshot from Don’t Regret The Bet online quiz.