The Paul Bunyan Trophy is at stake when the No. 6 Michigan Wolverines (7-0, 4-0 Big Ten) and No. 8 Michigan State Spartans (7-0, 4-0 Big Ten) square off on Saturday, October 30, 2021 at Spartan Stadium. The Wolverines are 4-point favorites. The predicted point total for the game is 50.5.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 30, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, October 30, 2021
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- Location: East Lansing, Michigan
- Stadium: Spartan Stadium
Wolverines Player Insights
- Cade McNamara has 1,115 passing yards (159.3 ypg) to lead Michigan, completing 63% of his passes and throwing five touchdown passes and one interception this season.
- Blake Corum has carried the ball 116 times for a team-high 729 yards (104.1 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year. He’s also tacked on 18 catches for 125 yards (17.9 per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Hassan Haskins has piled up 124 carries for 602 yards (86 per game) and 10 touchdowns.
- Cornelius Johnson’s team-leading 312 receiving yards (44.6 yards per game) have come on 17 receptions with three touchdowns.
- Daylen Baldwin has put together a 219-yard season so far (43.8 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns, hauling in 12 passes.
- Erick All’s 16 receptions have netted him 157 yards (26.2 ypg).
Spartans Player Insights
- Payton Thorne has thrown for 1,702 yards (243.1 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 61.2% of his passes and recording 15 touchdown passes and four interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 86 rushing yards (12.3 ypg) on 39 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Kenneth Walker III, has carried the ball 152 times for 996 yards (142.3 per game), with nine touchdowns this year.
- This season Jordan Simmons has rushed for 183 yards (30.5 per game) on 37 carries.
- Jayden Reed’s 562 receiving yards (80.3 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s registered 27 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Jalen Nailor has put together a 512-yard season so far (73.1 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 27 passes.
- Tre Mosley’s 21 catches this season have resulted in 322 yards (46 ypg).
Wolverines Team Stats
- The Wolverines have put an average of 37.7 points per game on the board this season, 19.0 more than the 18.7 the Spartans have surrendered.
- When it meets or exceeds what Michigan State gives up this season (18.7 points per game), Michigan is 7-0.
- The Spartans have averaged 20.0 more points scored this season (34.3) than the Wolverines have allowed (14.3).
- When Michigan limits opposing offenses to fewer than 34.3 points it is 7-0.
- The Wolverines offense holds a 39.2-yard advantage in yards gained per game versus yards allowed by the Spartans defense this season (443.9 to 404.7).
- The Wolverines’ offense ranks 30th in the FBS in yards per game (443.9), while the Spartans rank 92nd in yards allowed (404.7).
Spartans Team Stats
- The Spartans have put an average of 34.3 points per game on the board this season, 20.0 more than the 14.3 the Wolverines have surrendered.
- In games where Michigan State scores more than 14.3 points this year, it has put together a record of 7-0.
- This year, the Wolverines average 19.0 more points per game (37.7) than the Spartans surrender (18.7).
- This season Michigan State has a 7-0 record in games when it holds opponents to fewer than 37.7 points.
- The Spartans offense has averaged 451.7 yards per game this year, 152.6 more yards than the 299.1 the Wolverines defense has allowed.
- The Spartans are 99th in the FBS in third-down percentage (35.7%), and will be facing the 22nd-ranked Wolverines third down defense (33.3%).
Wolverines Betting Insights
- Michigan is 6-0-0 against the spread this season.
- The Wolverines have a perfect 4-0 ATS record when playing as at least 4-point favorites.
- Games involving Michigan have hit the over three times out of six chances this season.
- Michigan has covered three times in three chances against the spread in conference action this season.
- The Wolverines have covered the spread in Big Ten action when playing as at least 4-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- Last game, the Wolverines knocked off the Northwestern Wildcats by a score of 33-7. The Wolverines covered the spread as 23.5-point favorites.
- The teams combined to go under the point total (51).
Spartans Betting Insights
- Michigan State has covered the spread four times over six games with a set spread.
- The Spartans are a perfect 1-0 ATS when playing as at least 4-point underdogs.
- Michigan State’s games have gone over the total three times out of six chances this season.
- Michigan State has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread in conference play this year.
- In their most recent outing against the Indiana Hoosiers, the Spartans picked up the win by a final score of 20-15, covering the spread as 3.5-point favorites.
- A total of 47.5 was set for that game, which the teams fell short of.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from