Having won eight straight, the No. 5 Michigan State Spartans (8-0, 5-0 Big Ten) will play the Purdue Boilermakers (5-3, 3-2 Big Ten). The Spartans are slim favorites (-2.5). The expected point total for the game is 53.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds|
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 6, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Game Day: Saturday, November 6, 2021
- Game Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Location: West Lafayette, Indiana
- Stadium: Ross-Ade Stadium
Spartans Player Insights
- Payton Thorne has 1,898 passing yards (237.3 ypg) to lead Michigan State, completing 61.2% of his passes and recording 15 touchdown passes and six interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 86 rushing yards (10.8 ypg) on 46 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Kenneth Walker III’s team-high 1,193 rushing yards (149.1 per game) have come on 175 carries, with 14 touchdowns this year.
- This season Jordan Simmons has taken 40 carries for 191 yards (27.3 per game).
- Jayden Reed’s 642 receiving yards (80.3 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 33 receptions and five touchdowns.
- Jalen Nailor has put together a 587-yard season so far (73.4 receiving yards per game) with six touchdowns, hauling in 31 passes.
- Tre Mosley’s 21 receptions have netted him 322 yards (46 ypg).
Spartans Team Stats
- The Spartans, on average, score 17.5 more points (34.6) than the Boilermakers allow (17.1).
- When it meets or exceeds what Purdue gives up this season (17.1 points per game), Michigan State is 8-0.
- The Boilermakers have put roughly the same amount of points on the board per game (22.9) as the Spartans have allowed (20.5).
- When Michigan State limits opposing offenses to less than 22.9 points it is 6-0.
- The Boilermakers have surrendered 313.8 yards per game, 130.8 yards fewer than the Spartans have generated (444.6).
- The Spartans convert 34.7% of their third-down plays (107th in college football). The Boilermakers’ defense gives up third-down conversions at a 33.6% clip (22nd).
Spartans Betting Insights
- Michigan State has put together a record of 5-1-1 against the spread this season.
- The Spartans have an ATS record of 2-1-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- This season, four of Michigan State’s games have gone over the point total out of seven chances.
- Michigan State is 3-1-0 ATS in conference play this season.
- The Spartans have been favored by 2.5 points or more two times in Big Ten action this season, and covered the spread in one of those contests.
- Last game, the Spartans beat the Michigan Wolverines by a score of 37-33. The Spartans covered the spread as 4-point underdogs.
- The two teams combined to go over the 50.5-point over/under.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from