PointsBet Casino debuted in Michigan in May 2021. The online casino is partnered with the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians and the land-based Northern Waters Casino Resort in Watersmeet.
Join PointsBet Casino Michigan today and receive a protected 72 of betting for up to $800, no PointsBet Casino bonus code needed.
PointsBet was the 12th company to launch an online casino and online sportsbook in the state. Just click the “Casino” tab in the existing sportsbook app to play games. PointsBet’s second casino launched in New Jersey as a standalone app in July 2021.
The Australian-based gambling company already has an excellent reputation for its innovative sportsbook. With that in mind, we expect to see good things from PointsBet Casino in the near future. It already features the operator’s proprietary, custom-built technology and one of the fastest, most reliable apps on the market.
Read on for more about PointsBet’s online casino in Michigan, including information on that sign-up bonus, other promotions available to you and all about the games.
Reasons to choose PointsBet Casino in Michigan
- Innovative and experienced gambling company.
- Proprietary software and platform.
- Fast, high-quality casino app.
- Excellent customer service.
PointsBet Casino Michigan promo in 2023
Register a new PointsBet Casino account in Michigan and you’ll have a chance to earn up to $800 in bonus spins. However, you only receive a bonus if you end up losing $50 or more during your first three days at PointsBet online casino. You don’t even need a PointsBet Michigan bonus code.
PointsBet Casino Michigan promo code
|Michigan PointsBet Casino Promo code||None needed|
|Sign Up Bonus||Up to $800 in bonus spins|
|Terms & Conditions||If you lose money during your first 72 hours you will be refunded in bonus spins, up to 200% for up to $800.|
|Last updated||September 2023|
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see PointsBet Casino for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
PointsBet Michigan Welcome offer details
PointsBet has a unique welcome bonus for Michigan online casino players when they open a new account. Let’s walk you through how it works.
- Opt-in to this welcome bonus.
- Make your first deposit.
- During the next 72 hours if you end up losing money PointsBet will refund your losses with bonus spins. How much you lose will put you in one of four tiers, which will determine the size of your refund. Here are the four tiers:
- $100 in bonus spins: Awarded to players who lose between $50-$100.
- $200 in bonus spins: Awarded to players who lose between $101-$200.
- $400 in bonus spins: Awarded to players who lose between $201-$400.
- $800 in bonus spins: Awarded to players who $401 or more.
- You then have one week to use your bonus spins before they expire.
- Anything you win from those bonus spins is yours to do with as you like.
Just make sure to opt-in to the promotion.
How to sign up at PointsBet Casino in Michigan
Signing up for a PointsBet Casino account is easy, and you can complete the process online or on your phone. To create an account at the online casino, you’ll need to be 21 or older, then follow the instructions below:
- Head to the PointsBet Casino site.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and make sure your region is set to “Michigan.”
- Click the red “Sign Up” button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Enter your information, including name, email address, phone number, valid mailing address and birthdate.
- Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number.
- Enter a username and password of your choice.
- Enter a PointsBet Casino promo code for any welcome offer in the “Promo Code” field.
- If you like, you can enable two-step authentication for an extra layer of protection.
- Click the boxes to signify that you’ve read and agree with the site’s legal terms, then tap the “Join PointsBet” button.
PointsBet loyalty program
PointsBet does not yet offer a loyalty program to casino players, but PointsBet Rewards is available to sportsbook patrons.
If PointsBet opts to tie the same program in with the casino, new players will likely enroll automatically. If that happens, every dollar you wager playing casino games would earn points that you could exchange for bonus play and perks.
It’s also likely that the number of points you would earn would depend on the type of game you play. For instance, slot wagers would likely earn the most points, with blackjack and other table games that have a higher average return-to-player rate accruing points more slowly.
Ongoing PointsBet Casino promotions
PointsBet Casino currently offers a number of promotions for established players. These bonuses come and go, so check back often to see what’s available. Current offers will appear across the top of the page, or you can click the “Promotions” link to review new offers. Here are some of the options that were commonly available at the time of this review:
- Table Game Tuesday: Opt in, and wager a certain amount of money on featured table games, such as roulette or blackjack, and receive bonus spins to use playing any casino game. Wager at least $50 to receive $10 in bonus spins; at least $100 for $25; or at least $200 for $50. Bonus spins will arrive in your account within 24 hours.
- Game of the Week: Opt in and wager on a select slot game of the week, such as DaVinci Diamonds Masterworks, and receive bonus spins. Wager at least $75 to receive $10 in bonus spins; at least $125 for $20; or at least $175 for $30.
- Video Poker Payout: Opt in and place a minimum combined wager of $100 on any video poker games and get $25 in bonus spins to play eligible casino games.
PointsBet Casino app review
PointsBet’s online casino is accessible on the web and through a mobile browser, as well as an app available for Android and iOS devices. The casino and sportsbook are integrated into one app that is fast, smooth and easy to navigate.
Once you log in, the sportsbook will load by default. Click the hamburger icon in the upper left corner of the screen to open the drop-down menu, then tap the casino option to start playing games.
To download the PointsBet Casino app, head to the site via a mobile browser. Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and choose either “Download on the App Store” or “Get it on Google Play” and complete the installation from there.
Best features of the PointsBet Casino app
Here are the main strong points of PointsBet that stood out during our casino review:
- Innovation: PointsBet Sportsbook debuted in New Jersey in 2019. Since then, its sportsbook has earned top marks for innovation. Expect more of the same from the casino.
- Proprietary platform: PointsBet has built a reputation for its fast, smooth and easy-to-navigate app. This means that in-house developers will be able to build on and improve the platform.
- Integrated casino and sportsbook: Players are able to access the casino via a link in the sportsbook app. The shared wallet means that you can seamlessly switch between the two with just a click of a link.
- Responsive customer service: You’ll find a variety of methods for assistance at PointsBet, including email, live chat and Twitter.
- Secure banking options: PointsBet offers reputable banking options to move money in and out of your account, including online banking, ACH e-check, PayPal and credit and debit cards.
Casino games on the PointsBet Michigan Casino app
PointsBet currently offers about 30 casino games, but expect to see new titles joining the collection in the coming months.
Once the collection expands, there are plenty of ways to sort through the titles. A filter will let you sort games alphabetically and by date added. You can also separate titles into categories via the navigation bar, such as featured, new, table games, slots, and video poker.
PointsBet is already partnered with Evolution Gaming for live-streamed casino games, so look for live dealer games in the near future.
At the time of this review, PointsBet Michigan offered about 20 slots and jackpot games from IGT, including titles such as DaVinci Diamonds, DaVinci Diamonds Masterworks, Cleopatra, Wheel of Fortune Extreme Triple Spin, Wolf Run and Golden Goddess. Here’s a breakdown of some of PointsBet’s most popular real money slots:
- Wild Fury Jackpots: A big hit at land-based casinos, this title is now optimized for small-screen play. With stakes starting at just $0.10, this medium-volatility game features five reels, 10 paylines and special features such as stacked wilds, a re-spin bonus game with sticky wilds and a bonus spins round with a guaranteed jackpot of at least 80x your original wager.
- Candy Bars: This fun, four-reel game with 50 paylines features animated candy symbols and four progressive jackpot payouts that grow in direct relation to your stake. Chocolate bar symbols are premium and have the potential to trigger the jackpot bonus game.
- Cleopatra Gold: This version of the popular game has five reels and 20 paylines, and it features a Gold Spins bonus game that can lead to some huge payouts. The Gold Spins re-spin feature takes place in a new window that appears above the standard grid. Every time you spin another Gold Spins symbol, another new window will join the grid. Also look for wild multipliers and a bonus spin round with the potential for triple wins. Wagers begin at $0.60 and climb to $1,800 per spin. This medium-volatility game has an average RTP of 95.97%.
- LobsterMania 2: This five-by-four-reel game features a slew of bonus features and side games, including the Lucky Lobsters bonus spin round, the Buoy Bonus and the Golden Lobster round for a chance at three jackpots up to 1,000x your original wager.
- The 100,000 Pyramid: With five reels and 15 paylines, you can adjust your wager from one to 100 coins per line. This IGT slot has the potential to pay out up to 100,000 coins in the bonus spins jackpot round. Other features include multipliers and a chance to climb the pyramid up to the ultimate bonus game of 36 bonus spins with a 9x multiplier.
Other titles include Treasures of Troy, Atlantis, Red Hot Tamales, Elephant King, Red, White & Blue, Fortune Coin, Double Diamond, Baywatch and Irish Magic.
PointsBet Casino currently offers about 10 table games. PointsBet is already partnered with Evolution Gaming, however, so Michigan players can expect to see live dealer games add to that total in the near future.
In the meantime, you’ll find a limited selection of blackjack, baccarat, and roulette games on hand, as well as Game King Video Poker 9 in 1, Triple Play Draw Poker, Ten Play Draw Poker, Triple Play Ultimate X Poker, Five Play Ultimate X Poker, and Ten Play Ultimate X Poker.
Evolution Gaming launched its live casino game studio in Michigan on July 22, 2021. Since PointsBet already has a partnership with the software developer in place, it shouldn’t be long before it is able to offer live dealer games in the state. Expect to see live dealer blackjack, roulette, and baccarat, among other table games, in the near future.
PointsBet Online Casino banking options
PointsBet Casino offers a number of banking options for swift, safe and secure deposits and withdrawals. You’ll find a link to the cashier under the drop-down menu in the top right corner of the screen. The casino and sportsbook share the same wallet.
To add money to your account, click “Deposit” under the account menu, select the banking method you wish to use and enter the amount you’d like to deposit.
Online banking is the casino’s recommendation for a go-to deposit option. This allows you to transfer money from your personal bank account straight into your PointsBet balance. Select your bank from among a slew of participating institutions, then log on directly to complete your transaction for up to $10,000.
Global Payments handles e-check deposits for PointsBet, and it will set a maximum deposit limit for each individual player.
Credit and debit card deposits are the least likely to succeed among these options. Not all banks will allow transactions with online casinos, and those that do may impose a fee.
Keep in mind that you cannot use credit cards to make withdrawals. Other banking options may require you to make an initial deposit before you can use that method to transfer money out of your PointsBet account.
PointsBet does not set a maximum limit on withdrawals, but some banks may impose their own limits. The internal review process on all withdrawal requests usually takes less than 24 hours, but may take up to five business days. Here are the primary withdrawal options:
- Online banking: Can take one to three business days to reach your account after internal review. No withdrawal limit.
- PayPal: Only an option if you used it for a prior deposit. Can take one to two business days after internal review.
- ACH e-check: Can take one to three business days after internal review. The minimum withdrawal is $5.
PointsBet Casino customer service
At the time of this review, PointsBet offered a detailed FAQ section on banking but very little else specifically related to the casino. Alternative player support options include the following:
- Live chat on Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- Direct email at [email protected].
- Online support ticket (Click “Email Us” in the page footer to reach the form).
- Via Twitter @PointsBetUSA.
Is PointsBet Casino safe?
Yes. PointsBet has been providing safe and secure online gambling sites in the US since 2019. In Michigan, it is licensed and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board. PointsBet uses SSL technology and a top-rated firewall to protect its users’ data.
Players also have access to a variety of responsible gambling tools, including setting limits on deposits and time you can spend on the site, as well as a self-exclusion option, if necessary.
Background on PointsBet Casino in Michigan
Australia-based PointsBet launched its first online casino in Michigan in May of 2021, becoming the 12th gambling company to operate an online sportsbook and casino in the Great Lakes State.
The casino is licensed in partnership with the Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians. The Upper Peninsula tribe operates the land-based Northern Waters Casino Resort in Watersmeet, near the Wisconsin border.
PointsBet launched its first online sportsbook in New Jersey in 2019. The company has since launched online sportsbooks in Michigan, Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Colorado, and West Virginia, and could launch soon in Pennsylvania and Arizona. As additional states allow legal sports betting, PointsBet could continue to expand.
PointsBet Casino FAQ
What is the best bonus code for PointsBet Casino in Michigan in September 2023?
You don’t need to enter a PointsBet Casino Michigan promo code to get up to $800 in bonus spins when you sign up with PointsBet Casino. Read the welcome bonus section above for details on how this welcome bonus works.
Is it legal to gamble on PointsBet Casino in Michigan?
Yes. Michigan legislators passed a law to allow online gambling in 2019. The Michigan Gaming Control Board oversees the industry. PointsBet is licensed in partnership with the Upper Peninsula’s Lac Vieux Desert Band of Lake Superior Chippewa Indians. For questions or concerns, contact the MGCB by phone at 313-456-4100, or email [email protected].
Can I bypass the geolocation software?
No. You must be physically located within Michigan to legally place wagers in the state. Geolocation software within the casino app will make sure you don’t stray across state lines. Trying to bypass the geolocation software will immediately end your connection to the site.
Does PointsBet Casino accept PayPal in Michigan?
Yes. PointsBet offers a number of banking options for deposits and withdrawals, including PayPal. Other options include credit and debit cards, ACH e-check and online banking.
Does PointsBet charge a withdrawal fee?
No. PointsBet does not charge a fee for deposits or withdrawals. However, some banks may charge a fee to process your withdrawal. Check with your financial institution to find out.