SportsBetting.com Review & Welcome Bonus
Disclaimer: SportsBetting.com is not available in Michigan yet. This review is speculative based on the SportsBetting.com app in other US states, and we will update this review once the sportsbook is live.
Brace yourselves, fellow Michigan bettors; there is a new sheriff in town. One of the fastest-growing internet gambling enterprises in the industry, the Carousel Group, brings its innovative sports betting platform to the Wolverine State.
The company’s flagship product, SportsBetting.com, entered the US market in September 2020, looking to expand the brand’s reach and awareness throughout the country.
SportsBetting.com online sportsbook will team up with one of the 15 land-based casino operators in Michigan to gain market access to the state.
Judging by the brand’s unique approach to business, Michiganders are in for quite a spectacle. Top-of-the-line promotions, excellent odds, standalone apps for iOS and Android, and a great range of in-play markets stand out as SportsBetting.com’s most appealing features.
In this review, we’ll be taking a look at all the aspects of the online sportsbook and examining how it fares against its top rivals.
SportsBetting.com welcome bonus
After signing up with SportsBetting.com, Michigan bettors will have access to a week’s worth of risk-free bets worth up to $1,000. This offer is not available to everyone, only to those who use our exclusive links.
For those unaware of how risk-free bonuses work, here’s the drill — if you lose more money than you win within the first week of making the initial deposit, SportsBetting.com will refund the difference in free bet credits, up to a maximum value of $1,000. Let’s go over a couple of scenarios to show you how this works in practice:
- You win $50 but lose $150, for a total loss of $100: You’ll receive $100 in free bets.
- You win $200 but lose $1,300, for a total loss of $1,100: You’ll receive the maximum allowable $1,000.
- You win $200 and lose $50: Since you made money, you won’t receive any free bets.
To qualify for the bonus, you need to deposit at least $10. After receiving the free bet credits, you’ll have seven days to use them before they expire. It’s important to keep in mind that the promo period (the risk-free week) starts when you make your first deposit on the site, and not after you register on the site.
SportsBetting.com bonus code 2024
If you were to register without using our links, the available offer would be much smaller. Therefore, use the links on this page, and the $1,000 risk-free offer will be yours for the taking.
|None - use links
|Risk-free bets on deposit
|Risk-free week of betting up to $1,000
SportsBetting.com Michigan promotions
SportsBetting.com has put together a great promotional package that stretches far beyond the welcome bonus. Here’s a recap of all the promos we came across while reviewing the site:
- Sunday Super Boost: This is a classic odds boost promotion available to all SportsBetting.com customers. On Sunday, the sportsbook rolls out 10 selections with enhanced odds offering boosted payouts. There is a $50 stake cap on each one.
- Break a Leg: If your parlay bet with five or more selections fails by one selection, the sportsbook will fully refund your stake, up to $60. The minimum odds for each of the selections have to be -200 (or over).
- First Touchdown Insurance: If your first touchdown scorer bet on selected NFL games fails, but the player you wagered on scores a touchdown during the game, SportsBetting.com will refund your stake up to $100 in free bet credits. The qualifying stake is $5.
- In-Game Adjustments: SportsBetting.com encourages its users to bet on live games by giving them a 50% bonus up to $50. Only single bets with a minimum stake of $20 are valid for this promo.
- Overtime Pay: Place a $20+ moneyline single wager on the NFL or NCAA, and if it loses in overtime, the sportsbook will refund your stake, up to $100.
Is SportsBetting.com legal in Michigan?
Internet sports wagering and other forms of online gambling were legalized in Michigan in December 2019, when Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed House Bill 4311.
SportsBetting.com will need to gain market entry to Michigan through a partnership with one of 15 casino operators in the state, as specified by the newly created Lawful Internet Gaming Act. Those 15 operators include 12 federally recognized tribes and three commercial casino owners in Detroit.
As long as you’re of legal age (21 or older) and located within Michigan’s borders, you can legally bet on SportsBetting.com for real money. Although anyone can sign up with the sportsbook (even non-Michigan residents), you have to be physically present in the Wolverine State to place real money bets.
How to create a SportsBetting.com account in Michigan
Signing up with SportsBetting.com is a no-brainer. However, we know that some of you folks are rookies in the online sports betting world, so we decided to create a mini step-by-step guide to show you how it’s done:
- Go to the SportsBetting.com website (use our links if you want to take advantage of the $1,000 risk-free bonus).
- Hit the green “join” button.
- Complete the registration form (you’ll need to provide your full name, email, telephone number and the last four digits of your Social Security number).
- Tick the terms and conditions box, confirming that you’re over 21 and agree with the sportsbooks’ terms and conditions.
- That’s it. You’re all set!
As we stated earlier, Michigan residents 21 and older are allowed to sign up with SportsBetting.com. You will be denied access only if you’re working as a coach, athlete, trainer, or any other profession that could potentially impact a sport’s outcomes.
SportsBetting.com sportsbook app
The desktop platform has everything a regular bettor is craving — responsive interface, well-organized layout and good-looking design. Everything is laid out nicely, with the most commonly used directories arranged throughout the homepage.
SportsBetting.com uses a tried and tested template with quick links to support promotions, a live section displayed at the top, the sports available for betting right beneath, and the betting slip on the upper right side of the interface.
Tab navigation goes pretty smoothly, and the response time is quicker than average when compared to other sportsbooks available in Michigan. We didn’t come across any performance-related issues during our stay on the site.
SportsBetting.com is also accessible via mobile devices running on iOS and Android operating systems. No matter if you’re using an iPhone, iPad or Android smartphone or tablet, the procedure is identical — simply type in SportsBetting.com in your phone’s web browser and visit the site.
The browser-based platform mirrors the desktop site in every sense of the word, offering the same menus, tabs, sports, markets and features. The app is in development and is expected to launch very soon.
SportsBetting.com features and benefits
Despite being the new kid on the block, SportsBetting.com already provides great value for Michigan customers. Below, we’ll give you a few compelling reasons to consider giving it a try:
- Welcome bonus: Just considering the sheer size of the offer, one could argue that the SportsBetting.com welcome bonus is among the finest of its kind in the Michigan market. It’s also really rare to see a sportsbook give its users a whole week of risk-free wagers, which makes this deal more noteworthy.
- An impressive range of live markets: In terms of the average number of markets per in-play event, SportsBetting.com can rival even the biggest brands in the industry. The site offers all the standard bet types like spreads, moneylines and totals, while also listing a vast number of player props and other niche markets.
- Great odds boost promo: Each Sunday, the site will provide odds boots for a number of events. They will be multi-focused, and there is a max bet of $50 for each one.
- Round-the-clock support: The site’s customer support has a great track record of responding to users’ complaints and inquiries in a timely manner. At any given time, you can count on getting a swift resolution to any issues you may run into, delivered in the most professional and polite fashion.
How could SportsBetting.com improve?
Market selection is definitely an area that SportsBetting.com can improve. Overall, it has a pretty decent offering of sports to bet on, but we found a couple of popular options missing. We would also like to see some alternative betting options added to the portfolio.
Types of bets available on SportsBetting.com
SportsBetting.com won’t blow your mind with the number of markets it offers, but it has covered all the basics regarding betting types the majority of players would be interested in.
Naturally, moneyline bets are on board. This is the simplest type of wager, as it “only” requires you to predict the outcome of the game, match, contest, race or fight. Underdog teams/players carry more profitable odds than the favorites, thus a bigger payout potential.
With over/under bets (also known as totals), bettors have to forecast whether the total number of certain statistics (usually the combined score of the two teams) will be over or under a threshold established by the sportsbook.
Point spreads are another popular type of sports bet that you can make with SportsBetting.com. As you already know, not all teams are created equal, so the oddsmakers have introduced the concept of a spread to even the playing field. To make the matchup more balanced, betting sites give or take points away from each team. The favorite is indicated with a minus sign, while the underdog is listed with a positive point spread.
SportsBetting.com has a nice selection of futures bets, which are essentially any type of bet placed on a future result. With futures bets, you’ll not be wagering on an immediate game, like with most wagers, but rather on the overall outcome of a championship, season or series of events. For instance, you could bet on whether the Detroit Pistons will win the Eastern Conference, and you could score a large payout if this occurs.
Proposition bets, or prop bets, are wagering opportunities that are available for most, if not all, games. They are best described as bets on whether some situation occurs during a game or event, other than the game or match’s final outcome. These versatile wagers can lead to bets on anything from the number of pass attempts made by a quarterback in an NFL game to whether Blake Griffin will have an airball from the free-throw line.
Sports you can bet on at SportsBetting.com in Michigan
SportsBetting.com provides a relatively wide assortment of sports you can bet on. There are 14 sports available, which is slightly below the market average. All the major sports are well-represented, particularly the NFL. There are over 50 betting markets within each game, while you can also bet on the entire season — including division and conference winners and more.
SportsBetting.com’s basketball offering is limited to the NBA. The absence of the women’s basketball betting market is a significant drawback, but the sportsbook compensates for it with a nice collection of NBA futures bets.
Hockey fans can make wagers, including moneyline, total goals or puck lines on every NHL contest. You can bet on the Stanley Cup winner, conference winner and much more. And with baseball, from moneylines to run lines and all sorts of props, there’s plenty of action with each MLB game.
There’s also betting on tennis, soccer and golf. SportsBetting.com also has a fair selection of other sports, with boxing, MMA and motorsports being the most popular options from the “niche sports” category.
As for college sports, the sportsbook offers lines for college football. According to the state’s laws, collegiate sports betting is legal in Michigan. Player props on college sports is not legal, however.
Michigan teams you can bet on
The Michigan sports betting scene is well-populated, with multiple major league teams and a couple of large universities. With SportsBetting.com, you can add an extra element of excitement to already exhilarating games.
Unsurprisingly, all professional sports teams in Michigan are stationed in Detroit.
- The Detroit Lions have a long tradition, having been a part of the NFL since the 1930s. You can place different types of wagers on all Lions games on SportsBetting.com, including spread bets, totals, moneylines and quarter bets.
- The Detroit Tigers franchise has been representing the state in MLB for 120 years. The Tigers have won the World Series four times, the most recent in 1984.
- The Detroit Red Wings are the most successful US-based NHL team, having captured the Stanley Cup 11 times.
- The Bad Boys Pistons’ glory days are long gone, but the Detroit Pistons have still had some success since the early 1990s.
- College football is also immensely popular in the Great Lake State, with the Michigan Wolverines and Michigan State Spartans competing in the Big Ten Conference.
SportsBetting.com futures betting
Futures betting is immensely popular in Michigan. With so many competitions, leagues and tournaments taking place year-round, futures bets rank high in the sports betting hierarchy. They’re especially popular among stat geeks and high-risk bettors. But you know how the old saying goes — the bigger the risk, the greater the profit.
Take NBA futures betting, for example. Who would have thought that the Pistons were going to win the title back in ’04 when the Lakers were at their best, coming off a three-peat? If you had a chance to place a $10 futures bet on the Pistons to win the whole thing that year, you would have been looking at a payout of over $300, depending on the timing.
The MLB is now all about the Rays and the Dodgers. But what if the Tigers go on a miraculous streak and win the World Series for the first time since 1984? Even a $1 futures bet on such an occurrence could deliver a large payout.
Things don’t seem so great for the Red Wings this year, hence the sky-high odds on them to win the Stanley Cup. But futures betting is much more than backing your local team. You can also bet on the Avalanche or the Golden Knights or any other NHL team on SportsBetting.com.
If you’re confident that the Lions will have a breakthrough season next year, why not follow your instincts and pick them to win the NFC North division? Or you can play it safer and place a futures bet on the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl back-to-back — it’s entirely up to you!
How to deposit and cash out on the SportsBetting.com app
The banking section on SportsBetting.com is quite scarce. The site offers only two deposit methods — Mazooma and Skrill. Both of these options can be used for withdrawals, as well.
There are no deposit limits, so you can set those up yourself if you wish. There isn’t a limit for withdrawals, but for any big withdrawal request, players may be asked for additional documents to verify the account.
How to contact SportsBetting.com customer support
You can get in touch with SportsBetting.com customer support representatives via 24/7 live chat, email ([email protected]) or a telephone number. There’s also a handy help section on the site, with 10 FAQs regarding payments and account registration.
Responsible gambling on SportsBetting.com
SportsBetting.com promotes responsible gambling and provides the necessary tools to those who can’t control their spending habits. Users can set various limits on their accounts, including bet limits, deposit limits and time limits.
If you notice that things are getting out of control, you have the option of “taking a break” from the site for 24 hours, one week, three weeks, four weeks or six weeks. If the urge to gamble seems overwhelming, we advise you to consider self-excluding — you can choose from six months, one year, two years, three years, four years, five years or an indefinite period.
Where is the SportsBetting.com retail sportsbook?
SportsBetting.com hasn’t yet partnered with a land-based operation in Michigan. You can be sure that we will keep you informed of all the launch dates.
Is SportsBetting.com the best sportsbook in Michigan?
It’s one of the most generous ones, that’s for sure. The in-market betting selection is quite appealing, and so are the promos for ongoing users. The site’s customer support deserves praise, and the one-of-a-kind welcome bonus is undoubtedly going to lure in plenty of Michigan bettors.
However, SportsBetting.com could use some work in specific domains, most notably the banking section. Having only two payment options won’t cut it — it needs to add at least three or four more.
All in all, SportsBetting.com shows a lot of promise and is certainly going in the right direction. However, we are hesitant to call it the “best sportsbook in Michigan,” at least not yet.