TwinSpires Sportsbook is no longer available after TwinSpires closed all of its online sportsbooks and online casinos in the US. You can sign up with any of these online sportsbooks in Michigan:
One of the more well-known names in horse racing, Churchill Downs also has an online sportsbook that you can use in Michigan.
TwinSpires allows you to bet on sports using your phone, tablet or computer from anywhere in the state.
And for new customers, TwinSpires Sports has a risk-free first bet for up to $1,000. We’ll get to that offer below, as well as reviewing the sportsbook app, the bets you can place, banking options at the sportsbook and the other promotions TwinSpires has to offer.
TwinSpires Michigan promo code 2022
To claim your TwinSpires welcome bonus you don’t even need a TwinSpires MI bonus code when registering at the Michigan online sportsbook.
|Online Sportsbook||TwinSpires Sportsbook Michigan|
|TwinSpires MI Promo Code||None|
|TwinSpires MI Risk Free First Bet||Up to $1,000|
|TwinSpires MI Online Since||Opened in 2021, closed in 2022|
|Last Updated||July 2022|
TwinSpires Michigan welcome bonus — the fine print!
After you’ve signed up at the online sportsbook and entered the promo code, the next step is to place a wager, which needs to be settled within one week of the creation of your account.
If that first wager loses, you will receive a free bet credit equal to the size of your losing wager and up to a maximum of $1,000. And if your first bet wins, the risk-free bet offer disappears, and you can do whatever you like with your winnings.
What bets are eligible for the TwinSpires welcome bonus?
Pretty much any bet is eligible for the risk-free bonus at TwinSpires Sportsbook in Michigan. The only wagers that do not qualify for the offer are odds boosts and profit boosts.
How do TwinSpires free bet credits work?
You can wager free bet credits on any bet of your choosing. One key point, though, is that the value of the free bet credit does not transfer over with your winnings. It simply vanishes.
For instance, if you have a $1,000 bet credit and use it on a bet with -300 odds and win, you would receive $333.33 back. In reality, though, you still would be down $666.67, since your initial $1,000 bet lost. In order to break even, you must win a bet with minimum odds of +100.
And again, free bet credits expire seven days after TwinSpires issues them, so make sure to use them within that time.
How does the TwinSpires bonus compare with other Michigan sportsbooks?
All things considered, the TwinSpires bonus is pretty good compared with other Michigan sportsbooks. Although FanDuel’s risk-free bet is better since it refunds you with a site credit instead of a free bet, you also have Caesars, BetMGM, Golden Nugget and FOX Bet that all have risk-free offers for less than $1,000.
Can I trust TwinSpires Sports?
Yes, TwinSpires is trustworthy. Online sportsbooks in Michigan need a license from the Michigan Gaming Control Board. The MGCB vets each company and would not have granted TwinSpires a license if it was untrustworthy.
In addition to getting the OK in Michigan, TwinSpires also operates legal online sportsbooks in Colorado, Pennsylvania, Indiana and Tennessee. Another could open in New Jersey shortly.
How old do you have to be to bet at TwinSpires in Michigan?
You have to be at least 21 years old to legally wager on sports in Michigan. TwinSpires will check your age when you open an account.
Do you have to live in Michigan to use TwinSpires Sports?
No, you don’t have to live in Michigan to bet on sports in the state. However, you must physically be in Michigan to place a bet or cash out early. TwinSpires will check where your are using geolocation technology.
Getting started at TwinSpires online sports betting in Michigan
Registering with TwinSpires Michigan sportsbook takes only a few minutes. You can complete the process from your smartphone, tablet or computer. To start with, head to the sportsbook site and select “Michigan” from the state drop-down menu. Then, fill in the registration form, entering the following details:
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number (last four digits)
You’ll also pick a username, password and several security questions. The final steps are confirming you’re 21 or older, aren’t banned from having a TwinSpires account and that all the information you entered is accurate.
How do I download the TwinSpires app?
The TwinSpires sports betting app is available for iOS and Android devices. It works equally well on either platform.
- Downloading the TwinSpires iOS app: Head to the TwinSpires Sports site on mobile, choose Michigan and scroll to the bottom of the page. Then click the “Download on the App Store” button and follow the prompts from there.
- Downloading the TwinSpires Android app: Again, head to the bottom of the TwinSpires Sports page. This time, select “Get it on Google Play.” When you do so, the Google Play Store should open to the TwinSpires Casino & Sports installation page, and you can download it from there.
Note: Even though the TwinSpires app is available from the Play Store, sometimes the link will ask you to download the app manually. This option works, too. You’ll just need to grant the file permission to be downloaded and then select it again before choosing to install it.
Where do I find TwinSpires promotions?
The TwinSpires promotions page is actually a little bit tough to find. Whether you’re on the app or the website, you’ll need to go to the bottom of the page. Above your banking options is a list of various links, including one labeled “Promotions.” Clicking it will take you to the promos page.
What’s the parlay boost offer at TwinSpires?
The TwinSpires Parlay Profit Boost allows you to win extra money on all your qualifying and winning parlay bets of three legs or more. The first thing to know about this promotion is that you must opt in each week. Then, you can receive up to seven boosted parlays during the week.
For a bet to qualify for the bonus, every leg must have -200 odds or longer. In addition, all the bets must settle in the same week. If your wager wins, your profits will increase based on the number of legs in the parlay, as follows:
- Three legs = 5% profit boost
- Four legs = 10%
- Five legs = 15%
- Six legs = 20%
- Seven legs = 25%
- Eight legs or more = 50%
The maximum bet for the Parlay Profit Boost is $100, with a maximum of $5,000 in extra winnings.
Does TwinSpires have odds boosts?
Yes, you will find daily boosted wagers at TwinSpires by clicking at the “Super Odds” category. TwinSpires shows both the new and previous odds for Super Odds bets, which lets you see the size of the increase. The bets can be for a maximum of $50, and you cannot use them for parlay bets or your risk-free first bet.
Do you have to opt in to TwinSpires promotions?
Yes. Most of the time you do need to opt in to the promotions at TwinSpires. To do this, you will go to the promotions page, then click on the promotion you’re interested in and simply tap the appropriate box.
Why should I choose the TwinSpires Sportsbook app in Michigan?
With a number of online sportsbooks to choose from in Michigan, here are some of the ways TwinSpires stands out:
- Quality welcome bonus: TwinSpires’ risk-free first bet is definitely the best promotional offer the sportsbook has going for it right now. Keep in mind that your goal shouldn’t be to claim the bonus, per se. The aim should be to win your first bet and get your bankroll growing from the start.
- A combo sportsbook and casino app: The TwinSpires app serves as a dual online casino and sportsbook. Although this can be a downside for some sportsbooks, it doesn’t feel like a problem here. That’s because the two are separate enough that you won’t notice the other option unless you want to use it.
- Abundance of banking choices: Possibly the best thing that TwinSpires has going for it, though, is the number of deposit and withdrawal options. The eight methods for depositing and five for withdrawing funds dwarf what rivals such as DraftKings have available.
What won’t I like about the TwinSpires Sportsbook app?
There are some issues to be aware of when joining TwinSpires, though none are too major. Here are the main ones:
- Vexing app and website: The most annoying thing about TwinSpires is that its iOS app and desktop website can be glitchy. With both versions, we’ve experienced issues logging in and having our location verified, which rarely happens with other online sportsbooks. The good news is that we haven’t encountered any of these problems with the Android app.
- Somewhat lackluster promotions: After the welcome bonus, the bonus deals are a little bit of a letdown. The parlay booster promo is solid. But if parlays aren’t your thing, then there’s not a lot else to offer. We also don’t like having to opt in to each promotion.
- Separate horse betting account: If you enjoy wagering on horse races, you’ll need two accounts at TwinSpires: one for sports and casino betting, and one for horses. Although this is ultimately an issue with the regulators, it’s still not ideal.
What kind of bets can I make at TwinSpires Sportsbook?
TwinSpires online sportsbook offers all the standard bets you would expect. Here is an example of what you’ll find, plus an explanation of your options:
|Moneyline||Run Line||Total Runs|
|Detroit Tigers||+200||+1.5 (-122)||Over 7 (-107)|
|Minnesota Twins||-245||-1.5 (-104)||Under 7 (-114)|
How moneylines work
Moneyline bets are what you will use when you just want to bet on a team to win. The odds tell you what you would end up winning if your bet is correct. In the example above, the Minnesota Twins are favored over the Detroit Tigers, which means you would win less money on a successful bet on the Twins than you would betting on the Tigers. The -245 odds indicate you would need to bet $245 to win back $100. And the +200 odds mean that a winning $100 bet would result in a profit of $200.
How run lines work
Run line bets, baseball’s version of the point spread, are wagers that factor in the winning or losing margin. A run line bet at -1.5 requires Minnesota to win by two runs or more for your bet to be successful. If you bet on the Tigers, Detroit will gain 1.5 runs on the run line. Detroit will cover if it loses by only one run or wins the game by any score.
How over/under betting works
Over/unders bets, appearing in the example as total runs, are wagers where you bet on the combined number of runs in a game. It does not matter what each team scores individually, just the total.
Though the line often ends in .5 to prevent pushes, that is not the case here. If the game ends with a score of 4-3, for example, then that would be equal to the line of 7. Your bet would be a push, and the sportsbook would return it.
How prop betting works
Prop bets also frequently ignore the final overall score of a game. Instead, these wagers are basically like side bets. Common props for baseball games are for players to get hits, drive in runs, steal bases or hit home runs during. You will also find props for team performances and for whether games will go to extra innings or overtime, pending the sport.
Futures betting at TwinSpires
Futures bets are bigger than just a single game. For instance, you could bet on the Tigers to win the AL Central, the AL pennant or even the World Series. You’ll also find bets on team win totals and players to win season-long awards, such as the Cy Young and MVP.
Although it is popular to place futures bets prior to the season starting, most of them are available throughout the year, as well. The odds, however, will fluctuate based on what’s happening during the season.
Parlays and round robins
Multi-bets such as parlays and round robins allow you to combine wagers to potentially win more money than you would if you made the same bets individually. Here’s how they work:
- Parlays: With parlays, you join at least two bets together. For every pick you add, your parlay odds will climb higher and higher. The downside is that you need to get each individual selection correct. Note that TwinSpires will call parlays “combination” bets.
- Round robins: To create a round robin, you select at least three bets and arrange them as several smaller parlays. This means you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks correct, though you win more if you do get all of them right. TwinSpires will call round robins “system” wagers in your bet slip.
Live betting at TwinSpires
Live betting is when you wager on games that have already started. Just tap the “Live Right Now” link, and you can see all the current options for wagering. Selecting a game will show you all the available live bets for that contest. It also will bring up a game animation to show what’s going on and provide you with both live and pregame stats.
Depending on the game, you can place many of the typical bets we just discussed and even wager on what will happen during the next at-bat or on the next play. Note that lines and odds will change quickly to reflect what’s happening in the game.
Can I bet on the Detroit Red Wings at TwinSpires?
Yep, you can bet on the Detroit Red Wings and every other team in the NHL, including the Seattle Kraken, the league’s newest franchise. If you’re new to hockey betting, here’s a little primer on some additional wagers you might see:
- Puck line: The puck line works the same way run lines do for baseball games and that spreads do for football and basketball.
- Grand salami: This is an over/under wager on how many goals the entire league will combine for on a given night.
- Period bets: Place prop bets for each period of a game. You could wager on the Red Wings to win the second period, for instance, or to cover the spread in the third.
- Player props: TwinSpires also offers a variety of player props. Popular options are for players to score a goal or, more specifically, the game’s first or last goal.
- 60-minute markets: One thing to pay attention to is whether you’re betting on a game’s overall result or the result at the end of 60 minutes, aka regulation. If you place 60-minute bets, you can wager on a game ending in a tie.
How do I get money on (and off!) TwinSpires Sports quickly?
Your choices for funding your TwinSpires account are some of the best you’ll find at any sportsbook in Michigan:
|Deposit Options||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Online Bank Transfer||$10||Instant|
(Visa or Mastercard)
|TwinSpires Prepaid Pay+ Card||$1||Instant|
|PayNearMe||$10||Within 24 Hours|
|Physical Check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
Note: Mail checks to PO Box 8510, Lexington, KY 40533. Additionally, print your username on the back.
|Withdrawal Options||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|PayPal||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|ACH (e-check)||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|Online Bank Transfer||No Minimum||2-5 Days|
|TwinSpires Prepaid Pay+ Card||No Minimum||1-2 Days|
|Physical Check||$10||5-7 Days Minimum|
How do I get help at Twin Spires Sportsbook?
If you want to try to solve your problem on your own, the best option is to click on your account (in the top right) and then choose “Support.” Then you can search the TwinSpires help center for a solution.
If you want to get help from a TwinSpires representative, we suggest starting a live chat by clicking on the “Support” icon in the lower right corner of the screen. It is only present when you’re on the support or contact pages.
You also can call 877-774-7371 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 1 a.m. CT or email [email protected] at any time.
How do I exclude myself from Twin Spires Michigan?
When you click the responsible gambling link at the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a few options, including self-exclusion.
You are able to put controls in place to prevent depositing or wagering more money than you’re comfortable with. Another option limits how long you can be on the TwinSpires website/app each day.
You also can take a timeout, which allows you to close your account for a period of time (3 to 365 days) or close it entirely. The self-exclusion option lets you close your account for either one or five years.
Can I bet with TwinSpires Sportsbook in person?
Yes. There are 14 self-service betting kiosks just outside T. McC’s Sports Bar at Island Resort & Casino in Harris. Additionally, you can place bets in person by going to the cashier at Island Casino.
- Address: W 399 US Route 2, Harris, MI
- Phone: 906-466-2941
- Website: islandresortandcasino.com/gaming/twinspires-sportsbook
- Betting: 14 betting kiosks
- Open: 24 hours
How does TwinSpires compare with other Michigan sportsbooks?
TwinSpires is a quality online sportsbook, but as of right now it’s not better than DraftKings, FanDuel, BetMGM or Caesars. As a whole, those four sportsbooks simply have more to offer than TwinSpires. Some have better promotions, and others provide a better overall sports betting experience.
TwinSpires still is a sportsbook that is worth registering at, though. On top of receiving a risk-free first bet for as much as $1,000, it gives you another sportsbook where you can use promotions and check the odds for bets you want to place.
TwinSpires Sportsbook FAQ
Does TwinSpires have a welcome bonus for new users? What is the promo code?
Yes, TwinSpires has a welcome bonus, but you do not need to enter a TwinSpires Sportsbook Michigan promo code when registering to claim it.
Can I bet on horse racing with the TwinSpires Sports app?
You cannot. At this time, you have to have a separate account with TwinSpires Racing in order to legally bet on horse racing. TwinSpires is in the process of streamlining this option, but currently you need to have two accounts.
Can I on bet on Michigan and Michigan State at TwinSpires?
Yes. College sports betting is legal in Michigan, and you can wager on in-state schools such as the Wolverines and Spartans, as well.
Does TwinSpires charge withdrawal fees?
It does not, but also check with the financial institution you are using to make the transaction to see whether it charges anything.
Who owns TwinSpires Sportsbook?
TwinSpires is owned by Churchill Downs, home to the Kentucky Derby. Before undergoing a rebranding, TwinSpires was known as BetAmerica.