William Hill Sportsbook Michigan Promo Code & Review
The venerable sportsbook opened its virtual doors to Michigan inhabitants in 2021. And they are offering a risk-free first for new users who want to try them out. Join William Hill now with promo code LEGALRF to get a risk free first bet up to $1,001!
While regulated online sports betting is relatively new to the Michigan, it is definitely not new to William Hill. The British sportsbook operator is a worldwide giant and has had a sizable presence in the US for many years.
The decades of experience in booking sports bets ooze from the app. There are few bets that you cannot find on William Hill. The app’s live betting section is extensive and always has opportunities up for grabs.
Read on for everything you need to know about William Hill in Michigan. We go over how to sign up and download the app, the betting markets available, getting money on and off the site, and of course how to use our William Hill promo code to activate your risk-free first bet.
William Hill Sportsbook Michigan bonus
Note – William Hill has rebranded to the Caesars Sportsbook in Michigan with a fantastic risk-free bet for new accounts. Join Caesars here and receive up to $1,100.
The offer is relatively straightforward. Simply make your first bet on the site. If it wins, you collect your winning as usual. But if your first wager is unsuccessful, William Hill will refund the entire amount — to a maximum of $1,001 — in the form of bonus credits.
Make sure to place your bet within seven days of opening your account, or the bonus offer may be void. And if you do lose that first bet, use the bonus credits within seven days or they will expire.
William Hill Sportsbook promo code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||William Hill Sportsbook Michigan|
|Risk Free Bet||Up to $1,001|
|Last Updated||May 2022|
William Hill Michigan Sportsbook 2022 promos
William Hill offers several betting promos you can take advantage of. Here are some examples of promos you might find running at WH sportsbooks:
- Free Throw Dough: Get a $1 credit for every free-throw your team scores in a basketball game as long as they win, up to $50. Get 50 cents in free credits for every free-throw if they lose.
- Friday Night Live Parlay: Bet on a three-plus game in-play parlay on a Friday night and get a 20% bonus, up to $20.
- March to March: Win bonus cash on top of your winnings for making correct picks. The more picks you make, the more you stand to win.
- Defense Dollars: Make a $50 pregame bet on any basketball game and earn $1 per block or steal and $3 if your opposing team’s 3-point percentage is 30% or less, win or lose.
Check out William Hill Michigan sportsbook for details on these and any other upcoming promotions.
Sign up for a William Hill Sportsbook account
Naturally, to get in the action the first thing you need to do is sign up for a William Hill account. It’s an easy process:
- Enter your name, email, date of birth and phone number. Then, hit “Next.”
- Enter a password for use with your account. Then select two security questions and provide answers for verification later. Next, enter the last four digits of your Social Security number and fill in your current address.
- Finally, enter the LEGALRF promo code in the space provided to make sure you’re getting the best possible bonus.
- Be sure to check the four boxes accepting the various terms and conditions.
- Hit “Submit” and, once William Hill verifies your information, you’ll be ready to start making bets.
Is William Hill legal in Michigan?
Yes. Sports betting as a whole was legalized in Michigan in late 2019, along with online casinos, online poker and daily fantasy sports. The first retail sportsbooks in the state opened to the public in March 2020, while online sportsbooks started going live in early 2021.
William Hill is partnered with the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians, which owns and operates Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel in Williamsburg, now the site of Onyx Sports Book by William Hill.
If you’re unfamiliar with William Hill, it is one of the biggest names in sports betting outside the US. It began in 1934 in the United Kingdom and is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
William Hill’s US-based operations began in 2012 in Nevada, and the company has continued to expand from there with sportsbooks in at least 12 states, Washington, D.C., and the Bahamas.
William Hill mobile app
The William Hill Sportsbook app is free and can be install on both Apple and Android mobile devices. Whether you’re using an iPad or iPhone, any number of Samsung Galaxy phone or tablets or Google products the William Hill app will function the same for all of them.
While you also have the options to place bets using William Hill’s website, this section is specifically about the William Hill app. First things first is getting the app onto your device.
How to download and install William Hill Sportsbook app
The first thing you will do is follow our links while on your mobile device to get the correct iOS or Android app.
In order to both downland and install the William Hill sportsbook app you will need to select yes when asked if you want to download it and then yes again when asked if you want to have it installed on your gadget.
If you have certain security settings active you may need to enter your security PIN, or use your fingerprint or facial recognition software.
But that is all there is to this step. As long as you have a decent internet connection it should not take more than a couple minutes. Now onto our review of the William Hill app.
William Hill app navigation
To begin with, William Hill’s sportsbook app only works in the standard, upright position. This can be problematic for tablet users who have their devices connected to a keyboard and are used to using it horizontally. It shouldn’t be a major problem for the majority of users though.
Now, let’s walk you through the look, feel and functionality of the William Hill Sportsbook app.
- Main page: The main page is really very straight forward and easy to figure out even for first-time users. Our biggest complaint is the scrolling marquee, which rotates every 4-5 seconds. Other than that it’s a great homepage. You’ll find all the sports you can bet on at William Hill listed across, while along the bottom are tabs for your account, William Hill promotions, your bets and another spot to view all sports.
Meanwhile, the middle of the screen is taken up by sports to bet on, makes sense for a sportsbook. We love that you can click the arrow on the right side of the screen to collapse entire sports. It makes it much cleaner and easier to navigate.
- Account: By clicking on the account tap at the bottom right of the screen a window will pop up. Within that window you can see you betting history, change your account settings, change the odds format, contact William Hill customer support, access your gambling controls, deposit or withdraw funds or simply logout of your William Hill account.
- Promotions: Not surprisingly this is the page where you will find the William Hill Sportsbook promotions that currently are available. One of the best parts of William Hill is that you rarely need to opt into promos to be eligible. On the promos page though you will need to click on the different promotions to see what they are and what you need to do in order to get various bonus. The usually are easy to understand, saying something like “Place a $50+ wager on the Bears this weekend …” and then the rest of the promo will explain what your bonus is and how to achieve it.
- Betslip: The betslip on the William Hill app is located at the bottom of the screen and offers exactly what we love to see in a betslip. It remains hidden until you choose to bring it up. And it is beyond easy to make either single bets, parlays, teasers or round robins. We would argue it’s among the best betslips you will find at any Michigan online sportsbooks
In case you couldn’t tell we really like the functionality of the William Hill Sportsbook app in Michigan. There’s no question William Hill knows what they’re doing and there is a reason they have been so successful both in the U.S. and abroad.
What are the best features of the William Hill app?
There’s a lot to like about the William Hill sportsbook, so let’s look closer at some of the highlights:
- One of the best features of the William Hill sportsbook app is the overall functionality of the app itself. Some online sportsbooks have either too much going on or make navigating around them a pain. William Hill Sportsbook doesn’t suffer from any of those issues. From the first time you log in, you’ll find moving throughout the app is a very simple process.
- We like the scrolling marquee at the top of the page displays what all the rotating offers are at the time, instead of having to wait for them to come up. It’s not a major deal, but a nice touch nonetheless.
- It’s also great that instead of making you click on a game to see how many bets are available, the William Hill app lists how many bets there are to choose from on the main page. It’s also nice how the bets are broken up when you drill down into a game. On an NFL game, for example, it is broken up by odds boosts, TD scorer, player props, alternate lines, specials and a whole lot more.
Overall the one thing that really sticks out to us is that William Hill had the consumer in mind when designing the app. So many sportsbooks have roughly the same product to offer, but rarely is it delivered in such a clean, easy-to-use way as the William Hill Sportsbook is.
How could William Hill improve?
Honestly, we really don’t have many complaints about the William Hill sportsbook.
One thing we did notice is that there isn’t a no-deposit offer to give you a chance to try out the book before you make your first deposit. The risk-free bet offer is a great way to get your feet wet, but it’d be nice if there was a free signup offer as well.
Types of bets available on William Hill Sportsbook
You’ll find several betting options at William Hill, including:
- Player prop bets
- Points totals/targets
- Quarter/half-time bets
- Team props
- Totals bets (aka over/under)
William Hill Sportsbook also provides the following unique betting options:
Also called live betting, in-play betting gives you the chance to bet on games that are already underway.
The odds adjust throughout depending on the time, the score and the situation.
William Hill sports betting options
William Hill Sportsbook allows you to bet on the following sports:
- Australian rules football
- Auto racing
Michigan sports teams you can bet on
Getting the chance to bet on our all our local Michigan sports teams is one of the best parts about sportsbooks being legalized in the state.
While we’re aware that a lot of you know all about the top pro and college teams from Michigan, we also understand that new people are frequently moving to our beautiful state, so we wanted to take the time to go over the teams from the Wolverine State that you can bet on at William Hill.
We’ll start with the NFL and the Detroit Lions. The Lions unfortunately have won only one playoff game since the Super Bowl began more than 50 years ago. And that lone win was way back after the 1991 season. That’s no matter; you still can wager as much as you’d like on the Lions and the other 31 NFL teams at William Hill.
Then there’s the Detroit Pistons in the National Basketball Association. As with the Lions, it’s been a few years since the Pistons last won a playoff game, but the drought hasn’t been quite so bad. Detroit went to the Eastern Conference Finals back in 2008, but hasn’t won a postseason game since.
Things aren’t quite so dire for the NHL’s Detroit Red Wings. While the Red Wings have had a few down years of late, they made the playoffs in 2016 and every season prior to that dating back to 1991. Detroit also has won more Stanley Cup titles (11) than any other US franchise.
Last up for local pro teams you can wager on at William Hill, we have the Detroit Tigers of Major League Baseball. The Tigers are one of the oldest teams in the sport, having played their first season way back in 1901. Since then, Detroit has won more than 9,000 games and four World Series titles, the most recent coming in 1984.
When it comes to college sports you can bet on at William Hill’s online sportsbook, there’s Division I men’s basketball and football.
In football, there are five teams that you’ll be able to bet on: two in the Big Ten Conference and three in the Mid-American Conference.
Michigan State and Michigan are in the Big Ten, while Central Michigan, Eastern Michigan and Western Michigan all play in the Mid-American.
All five of those schools also have men’s basketball teams that you can bet on at William Hill, while two others — Detroit Mercy and Oakland — also have Division I teams that you can gamble on at the Michigan sportsbook.
William Hill futures bets
Futures betting is more for people who like to play the long game. Whereas with regular sports betting you could know the results of your bet in a few hours, futures bets take longer to play out. Here’s our compilation of the top Michigan futures markets that you are able to wager on at William Hill’s retail and online sportsbooks.
- For the Detroit Red Wings and rest of the NHL, you can bet on teams’ regular season performances, pick which team you think will win each division and of course the eventual winner of the Stanley Cup. Individual future bets likely will be for the winner of the regular and postseason MVP awards.
- For the Detroit Pistons and all NBA teams, you also are able to bet on how teams will do in the regular season, which teams will top their division and the eventual winner of the Larry O’Brien Trophy. Futures for the regular season most valuable player and for the NBA Finals MVP also should be available.
- For the Detroit Tigers and the other 29 MLB teams, you have plenty of futures markets to select from at William Hill. There are regular season futures based on how many games each team will win, the ability to select which squads will win their division or the AL and NL pennants respectively, and the most popular — betting on that year’s World Series champ. As for futures markets on individual players, be on the lookout for MVP betting and possibly for the Cy Young and Rookie of the Year awards, too.
- For the Detroit Lions and the NFL, William Hill has plenty of futures. There are your typical regular season record futures, as well as for division and conference winners and maybe the most popular of all futures bets, the Super Bowl champion. Not only do NFL player futures have your typical MVP bets available, but oftentimes you also will see futures for individual leaders in passing, rushing and sometimes receiving yards.
Futures markets for NCAA sports are much smaller than what you will see for the pro leagues discussed above. At William Hill Sportsbook there will be futures for college football conference winners as well as for that season’s national champion.
For Michigan universities, that means you’ll be able to place futures bets on both Michigan and Michigan State, but it’s unlikely the other schools will be listed because they are such incredible long shots.
In men’s basketball, there are futures for picking the teams that will reach that year’s Final Four during March Madness and also for the winner of the tournament, the NCAA men’s basketball national champion. Once again, it’s likely that only the Wolverines and Spartans will have futures odds on them at the beginning of the season. If any of the other schools reach the NCAA tournament at season’s end, they’ll have odds at that time.
How to bet at William Hill Sportsbook
Placing a wager with William Hill is basically a four-step process:
- Login to your account.
- Browse through the betting markets by popularity or sport. The menus are on the right side of the page. To choose a wager, click the line you want.
- Review the line that is automatically placed in the bet slip on the right-hand side and enter the amount you wish to wager.
- Also, review the total cost and total potential payout amounts and click the “Place Bet” tab at the bottom of the slip to confirm your wager.
William Hill Sportsbook deposit and withdrawal options
You’ll need to fund your account before you can place bets with William Hill. Plus, you’ll want to know how to get your winnings out.
Fortunately, William Hill Sportsbook gives you plenty of simple and easy deposit and withdrawal options.
There are several ways you can deposit funds into your William Hill account. These include cash, credit and debit cards, and online payment processors.
Here is a list of deposit methods William Hill Sportsbook accepts:
- Credit or debit cards: William Hill Sportsbook accepts Visa and Mastercard credit and debit card deposits. Your issuing bank must accept online gambling transactions, so you should check with it first.
- ACH (E-check): ACH acts as a clearinghouse for electronic checks drawn against your bank account. You can use this method to deposit on William Hill Sportsbook.
- Cash at the cage: William Hill allows you to deposit cash in your online account at William Hill retail sportsbook locations inside casinos and racetracks.
- William Hill prepaid card: You can fund your William Hill-branded prepaid card with your bank as it acts just like a Visa gift card. Then, you can move that money into your sports betting account.
You can almost always withdraw money from William Hill Sportsbook the same way you deposited it. If your method of deposit isn’t available as a withdrawal, you can use another option.
William Hill Sportsbook withdrawal methods include:
- William Hill prepaid card
- Cash at William Hill retail sportsbooks
How to deposit and withdraw funds
The actual process of making deposits and withdrawals at William Hill is not difficult at all.
- Log in to your William Hill Sportsbook account.
- Select the deposit option from the account menu and choose your most convenient method.
- Follow the prompts before confirming the transaction.
The funds should be immediately available for betting.
For withdrawals, the process is similar:
- Select the withdraw funds option from the account menu.
- Select the withdrawal option that works best for you and confirm it.
- Your request should process within 72 hours, but it’ll generally happen much faster than that.
William Hill Sportsbook customer service
William Hill Sportsbook has a comprehensive FAQ section that covers all common questions and issues.
Plus, you can contact the customer support department 24/7 via:
- Live Chat: https://williamhill-nj.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 855-754-1200
Where is the William Hill retail sportsbook?
The William Hill retail sportsbook is called Onyx Sports Book by William Hill, and it is located at Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel in Williamsburg. The casino is owned and operated by the Grand Traverse Band of Ottawa and Chippewa Indians.
The retail sportsbook boasts 20 HDTVs and offers patrons complimentary access to Golden Tee, billiards, darts and shuffleboard. There is an outdoor patio as well where smoking is permitted.
The sportsbook opened in September 2020, about five months after the first retail sportsbooks in Michigan were allowed to begin operations.
- Address: 7741 M-71, Williamsburg, MI 49690
- Phone: 800-922-2946
- Amenities: 20 HDTVs, outdoor patio, complimentary games
- Betting: Kiosks: 10 a.m.-3 a.m.; in-person: Monday-Thursday, noon-midnight; Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 a.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m.-midnight
- Hours: Casino open 24 hours
- Opened: September 2020
Is William Hill the best sportsbook in Michigan?
It is certainly in the discussion.
William Hill has been in the sports betting business for more than 80 years because it knows what it’s doing. While it might not be as well-known in the US as sportsbooks like DraftKings and FanDuel, that doesn’t change the fact that it’s one of the best sportsbook companies in all of Michigan.
As to whether William Hill is the No. 1 overall sportsbook, we’re going to chicken out and not given a definitive answer as of yet. We definitely wouldn’t bet against it taking home the title at some point, though.
William Hill MI FAQ
Yes, the William Hill app is safe.
Downloading the app is easy. Just visit the site via our links and click either the yellow Download iOS or Download Android buttons. With William Hill’s experience and stellar background, you can rest assured that the app is safe and secure.
As a licensed provider, William Hill operates under the purview of the National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) and Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB), which governs the state’s iGaming industry. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the MGCG via email at [email protected] or phone call at (313) 456-4100.
William Hill Sportsbook has set a $20 minimum for online deposits. The maximum deposit depends on the financial institution you use to fund your account. For deposits, William Hill is likely to accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover credit and debit cards, VIP Preferred eCheck, online banking powered by PayWithMyBank (similiar to Skrill), Skrill, PayPal, the William Hill Prepaid Play+ card and cash deposits at casino cage.
Michigan laws that regulate online sports betting make the industry more safe and transparent. Your money is not likely to disappear at a big brand online sportsbook like William Hill. These legal sites are licensed by the Michigan Gambling Control Board and adhere to all rules and regulations. Furthermore, you can bank on the fact that if you win, you will be paid. The same cannot be said for offshore sites hosted in Panama or Antigua.