The 2021 Super Bowl is just a handful of days away. Patrick Mahomes and the Kansas City Chiefs face Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, and newly launched Michigan online sportsbooks are in a football frenzy.
Sportsbooks across the state want to see you make the most from your betting dollar. Super Bowl bonuses and free bets are common, of course. But odds boosts are a big part of the fun, too, and most of the sportsbooks in Michigan are providing some for Sunday’s action.
Get a look at the top odds boosts available that could line your pockets during Super Bowl LV.
What is an odds boost?
For example, if a team is listed at -120 to win a game on the moneyline, an odds boost could see the line boosted to +135. The plus sign is a favorable one for the bettor. Instead of wagering $120 to win $100, you would now only need to wager $100 to win $135.
On Super Bowl Sunday, odds boosts can be applied to a number of things, mainly prop wagers. FanDuel kicks off our Super Bowl odds boost roundup with a nod to 55.
FanDuel Michigan 55/1 odds boost
Which Super Bowl is happening on Sunday? Ah yes, the 55th Super Bowl. And, as part of Super Bowl 55, FanDuel Sportsbook is offering its Big Game Odds Boost.
Eligible for first-time depositors, bettors can choose the Kansas City Chiefs or the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to prevail straight up with +5500 odds.
A maximum of $5 can be wagered, allowing for a win of $275 if you pick the right team.
- Download the FanDuel Sportsbook app.
- Sign up & make your first deposit of at least $10.
- Place your first bet on the Chiefs or Buccaneers moneyline.
- Place a maximum wager of $5 at +5500 odds.
Then, sit back and watch the game unfold. Good luck!
DraftKings Super Bowl odds boosts
If you visit DraftKings Sportsbook, you can find a whole section just for odds boosts for Super Bowl 55.
Currently available in their odds boost section are:
- Brady & Mahomes to combine for 55+ completions: Was -105, Now +115
- Brady & Mahomes to combine for over 650.5 passing yards: Was +100, Now +125
- Over 13.5 points scored in the first quarter: Was +110, Now +125
- Kelce/Hills/Godwin/Evans all to record 55+ receiving yards: Was +350, Now +400
The four receivers coming up with 55 yards is enticing. When these two teams met during the season, Tyreek Hill racked up 269 yards, Travis Kelce had 82, Chris Godwin had 97, while Mike Evans was just shy at 50 yards.
In the postseason, Hill and Kelce are both averaging over 100 yards per game. Godwin and Evans are each averaging over 55 yards in the postseason.
Load up at William Hill Michigan
The William Hill Sportsbook also isn’t lacking in boost options for Sunday’s game.
Here’s a look at what their section is currently offering for the Super Bowl:
- First scoring play of the game is a Chiefs TD: +200
- Chris Godwin & Tyreek Hill both score a TD: +350
- Mecole Hardman to score a TD & Chiefs win: +450
- Mike Evans to score a TD & Buccaneers to win: +500
- Patrick Mahomes to score a TD (rushing or receiving) & Chiefs to win: +500
- Leonard Fournette and Clyde Edwards-Helaire both score a TD: +600
- Rob Gronkowski to score a TD and Buccaneers win: +750
The first meeting between these two didn’t feature a single rushing touchdown, so keep that in mind. If you are feeling strongly about a certain team winning, perhaps one of these boosts is for you.
Rob Gronkowski received seven targets against the Chiefs and had 106 yards against KC. Mike Evans caught a pair of TD passes against the Chiefs.
For Kansas City, Mahomes did have four rushing attempts for 28 yards against Tampa. It’s not out of the question he could scramble for a TD run. Mecole Hardman wasn’t heavily involved for KC. He caught just three passes for 23 yards against Tampa.
BetRivers and a clever quarterback odds boost
Over at BetRivers Sportsbook in Michigan, we found an intriguing boost for Tom Brady and Patrick Mahomes:
- Act Your Age! Tom Brady to complete a 43+ yard pass and Patrick Mahomes to record 25+ completions in SB 55: +220
You can also find varying boosts and specials for the two QBs, including:
- Tom Brady to throw more TDs than Patrick Mahomes: +150
- Patrick Mahomes, Tom Brady each to have a Passer Rating of 100+: +245
But not all odds boosts are confined to the Super Bowl. If you are really adventurous, you can take a chance on this crossover bet at BetRivers:
- GOAT status — Bucs to win Super Bowl LV, Lakers to win 2021 NBA Championship: +768
You will have to wait a bit to find out if that bet pays off, of course, but if it does, a $100 bet would net you $868.
Fox Bet odds boosts
Meanwhile, over at the state’s newest online sportsbook, Fox Bet has a selection of odds boosts that can double your money or more.
- Patrick Mahomes & Tom Brady 2 or more Passing TDs Each: Was -120, Now +100
- Patrick Mahomes to win Super Bowl MVP: Was -118, Now +100
- Travis Kelce & Mike Evans Both to Score TDs: Was +270, Now +300
- Tyreek Hill to Score a TD in the 1st Quarter: Was +300, Now +400
The 2021 Super Bowl should be a fun game to watch featuring not only a legendary quarterback in his 10th Super Bowl but a chance for a repeat championship for Kansas City. The above odds boosts for the Super Bowl are just a small selection of what’s out there.
The point is to be on the lookout for these favorable bets.
The 11 Michigan online betting sites aren’t going to let Sunday pass by without a boost or two.