Bay Mills Resort & Casino
Bay Mills Resort & Casino is a resort and casino complex in Brimley, Michigan, on the shores of Lake Superior’s Waiska Bay.
It featured two casinos, including the Kings Club Casino, which opened on July 4, 1984, as the first legal Native American casino in the country. It was originally called the Bay Mills Blackjack Casino. Due to the pandemic, Kings Club Casino has since closed with no planned return to reopen.
The Bay Mills casino and hotel opened in November 1995 just two miles down the shore. Bay Mills Resort & Casino is owned and operated by the Bay Mills Indian Community.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino features 17,000 square feet of gaming space with around 700 slots and a dozen table games. There are multiple restaurants on the property, an RV park, and a hotel with 144 rooms.
In December 2019, Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer signed sports betting and online gambling bills into law. The BMIC entered into an agreement with DraftKings for its online sportsbook and casino operations, which began in January 2021.
The digital sports giant opened a permanent retail sportsbook location at Bay Mills on Nov. 6, 2022 after having a temporary sportsbook open on June 22, 2022.
Starting in the spring of 2023, Bay Mills will begin a $65 million expansion project that will upgrade many of the amenities inside and on the exterior of the property.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino location and hours
- Address: 11386 W. Lakeshore Drive, Brimley, Michigan
- Owner/Operator: Bay Mills Indian Community
- Online Sportsbook: DraftKings Sportsbook
- Online Casino: DraftKings Casino
- Online Poker: None
- Hours: 10 a.m. to 2 a.m. every day
- Casino games: Slots, blackjack, roulette, craps
- Sportsbook: Opened on Nov, 6, 2022
- Poker: Cash games and tournaments — hours limited to weekend only
- Legal Gambling Age: 18+
Michigan Casinos in the News
Turtle Creek To Start Major Hotel Renovations Sept. 6; Casino Will Remain Open Throughout
Bay Mills Resort & Casinos online gambling partnerships
The Bay Mills Indian Community has agreed to a partnership with DraftKings for sportsbook and online casino operations.
The digital gambling giant signing with a small tribe in the Upper Peninsula seems strange at first, but BMIC chairman Bryan Newland said the fit is natural. The BMIC and DraftKings are both innovative entities and not afraid to take risks, Newland said.
The daily fantasy sports company has been on the forefront of sports betting expansion across the state.
DraftKings’ online casino product, which launched in January 2021, offers new customers a bonus of $1,050, featuring free bets worth $50 just for joining and a deposit match bonus of 20% up to $1,000.
The casino at Bay Mills Resort & Casino
The 17,000-square-foot gaming floor at Bay Mills Resort & Casino and the Kings Club Casino are open 10 am. to 2 a.m. daily.
In total, there are more than 900 slots and 14 table games available.
That means a good variety of slots and video poker machines, as well as the most popular table games on the market.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino runs a variety of promotions, including:
- Take It or Trade It: Daily, midseason and final draws with a $10,000 grand prize.
- Play and Stay with Us: Earn points on your Funcard for additional night stays.
- Senior Day: Double points for 50+ and earn 20 points for a $10 dining credit.
- Hero Day: All military, EMT, police and fire earn 50 points for $20 in free play.
- USA Day: Earn 50 points for $20 in free play.
Between its two casinos, Bay Mills Resort & Casinos features over 900 slots and video poker machines. This includes 700 on the floor of the Bay Mills casino and another 280 at Kings Club Casino.
There’s just a handful of table games at Bay Mills Resort & Casinos, but the classics are well covered.
In fact, Bay Mills has a reputation for employing some of the friendliest dealers in Michigan on games including:
Funcard Players Club
Funcard Players Club is Bay Mills Resort & Casino’s loyalty club. Join to earn points, comps and free play.
Members of the Funcard Players Club start earning points immediately at slots or table games. The more you play, the more you receive.
You also earn comps and points at the same time. Comps can be used for rooms, golf, food or beverages using your Funcard and a photo ID right at the register. No comp coupons are required.
Funcard features four tiers with benefits that include:
- Lake Michigan Card: Receive $5 in free play just for signing up. Earn $1 in comps for every $300 in slot play, win or lose.
- Lake Huron Card: Earn 2,500 points in a 12-month rolling period to qualify. Then earn $2 in comps for every $300 in slot play.
- Lake Superior Card: Earn 15,000 points in a 12-month rolling period to qualify. Then earn $3 in comps for every $300 in slot play. Plus, increased benefits include invitations to VIP events, increased comp rates, free check cashing, personal host service and more.
- Great Lakes Card: Earn 45,000 points in a 12-month rolling period to qualify. Then earn maximum benefits for your play, including increased comp rates, gas, expanded drink menus and much more.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino Sportsbook
When Michigan sports betting and online gambling bills became law, Bay Mills Resort & Casino management said it was excited about the opportunity.
DraftKings operates the retail sportsbook at Bay Mills. Officials opened the temporary retail sportsbook on June 22, 2022. It has since opened its permanent sportsbook on Nov. 6, 2022. It could be an opportunity to get vacationing Michiganders all the way up to Brimley.
The sportsbook offers up eight large HDTV’s for sports viewing, as well as three odds boards. Four betting kiosks can be found at the sportsbook, with two others on the main casino floor. Food and drink services are also available at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Bay Mills Resort & Casinos poker room
Bay Mills Resort & Casino runs a small four-table poker room with Texas Hold ’em Re-Buy Tournaments every Tuesday and Bounty Tournaments every Friday. There are also $1/$2 Texas Hold ’em cash games Tuesday, Friday and Saturday.
The Tuesday tournament features a $20 buy-in with unlimited $20 re-buys until the first break. The Bounty Tournaments cost $45 to enter, and unlimited reentry is available before the first break. Bonuses are provided to those who play three hours of live cash game poker the previous Friday.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino amenities
- Bay Mills Resort Hotel: Bay Mills Resort & Casino has a 143-room waterfront hotel on site.
- Sunrise View RV Park: The Sunrise View RV Park is within walking distance of Bay Mills Resort & Casinos and the Wild Bluff Golf Course.
- Wild Bluff Golf Course: Wild Bluff Golf Course in Brimley, Michigan, is Bay Mills’ Championship Golf Course. It offers five sets of tees ranging from 5,300 to 7,100 yards. An onsite practice facility boasts a double teed driving range, expansive chipping area and large putting green. The Loft restaurant and bar is onsite.
Dining options at Bay Mills Resort & Casinos include:
- Sacy’s Restaurant: Casual dining experience.
- North Winds Lounge: Relax with friends while sipping on your favorite cocktail.
- Back Bay Grill & Games: The Upper Peninsula’s only waterfront sports bar.
- The Loft: Unwind after a great day of golf at Wild Bluff Golf Course.
All Michigan Casinos and Sportsbooks
- FireKeepers Casino And Hotel Review
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino Michigan
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Island Resort & Casino
- Kewadin Casinos in Michigan
- Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge Review
- Little River Casino Resort
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino & Sportsbook
- MotorCity Casino Hotel & Sportsbook
- Northern Waters Casino Resort Review
- Odawa Casino Resort & Sportsbook
- Ojibwa Casinos, Marquette and Baraga
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Poker Room Review
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Review
Bay Mills Resort & Casinos history
The Bay Mills Indian Community opened the Bay Mills Blackjack Casino on July 4, 1984. It was the first US gaming facility owned by a Native American tribe to include slots and blackjack games instead of just bingo.
Kings Club Casino was originally part of Bay Mills Resort & Casinos complex that opened just two miles away in November 1995. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Kings Club Casino was forced to close and has not reopened.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino in Brimley now includes a hotel, an RV park, a championship golf course and five dining options.
Bay Mills Resort & Casino has also launched a free-play online casino using the SG Universe Play4Fun Network social gaming platform.
DraftKings inked a deal with the Bay Mills Indian Community in June 2020, bringing a huge sports betting name to a rather remote part of Michigan.
Bay Mills plans opened a permanent retail sportsbook, DraftKings Sportsbook, on Nov. 6, 2022.