ESPN BET Michigan Promo Code & App Review
ESPN BET launched in Michigan on November 14, 2023. Open an account with ESPN Sportsbook in Michigan and claim $1,200 in bonus offers, no ESPN BET promo code is required.
Best Michigan sportsbooks as of February 2024
ESPN BET has every sports betting market that Michigan bettors would want, including large sections for NFL, MLB, NBA, and NHL betting, along with golf, tennis, and soccer on its main menu. The side menu has featured sports, dotted with live betting events. Keep reading to learn more about ESPN Sportsbook and how the two-part welcome bonus works.
ESPN BET Michigan promo code
Sign up with ESPN BET Sportsbook in Michigan and get $200 in bonus bets after making your first bet and have your initial deposit matched 100% for up to $1,000. You do not need an ESPN Sportsbook promo code to claim this offer.
|ESPN BET Promo Code
|Deposit match up to $1,000 + $200 in bonus bets with first bet
|• 20x playthrough on deposit match
• $200 in bonus bets delivered at four $50 bonus bets
|Welcome bonus + daily promos
|November 14, 2023
|February 29, 2024
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see ESPN BET Sportsbook in Michigan for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
Maximizing the ESPN BET Michigan welcome offer
There are two parts to the welcome bonus at ESPN BET Sportsbook, so let’s look at each one individually to understand how best to maximize each bonus.
- Bet & Get Bonus – Here you get $200 in bonus bets (four $50 bonus bets) when you place your first sportsbook bet. The key with bonus bets is understanding that you do not get their value back when your bet with them wins. This means if you were to bet on a big favorite, say at odds of -800, you only would get $6.25 added to your account if you won. Whereas winning a bet with +100 odds would get $50 added to your account. The bonus bets also expire seven days after being issued.
- Deposit Match Bonus – ESPN BET matches your first deposit dollar-for-dollar up to $1,000. The bonus funds are not released immediately. Instead, you get $1 for every $20 you bet in qualifying wagers. For a bet to count towards the playthrough requirement, it must have odds of -200 or longer. You have 30 days to get all your bonus funds released.
This means, to claim the full $1,000 in bonus funds you first need to deposit at least $1,000 into your account. Then, you must make $20,000 in bets during the next 30 days.
Getting started at ESPN BET in Michigan
Signing up at ESPN BET Sportsbook is a simple process. Remember that you do not need an ESPN Sportsbook promo code to get the $1,200 welcome bonus. Users must be at least 21 and located in Michigan if they want to make bets using ESPN’s new sportsbook.
Signing up at ESPN BET on desktop devices
- To get started on a desktop computer at ESPN BET, click the “Sign Up” link at the right-top of the homepage.
- An online registration form will appear. Enter your email address, username, and password.
- If you have a promo code, add the code to the “Promo Code” box and click “Apply.”
- Once your basic information is complete and you’ve added a code, click “Next Step.”
- The site then presents users with a set of security questions. Choose two and use a straightforward answer that will be easy to remember.
- The form asks the registrant whether they want the questions asked every time they sign in and whether they want an email sent when someone signs in. Answer both questions.
- In the next step, add your account information, full name, address, phone number, and the last four digits of your Social Security number.
Signing up at ESPN BET on mobile phones
- Apple iOS device users can download the ESPN BET app on the App Store.
- Android users can download the ESPN BET mobile app on the Google Play Store.
- In both cases, the signup process is the same as it is for desktop users. Follow the instructions above, except for one exception.
- Mobile users are asked to enable the biometric login credential software before they can join the site.
- Once the biometric login credentials are activated, sign in to your account and start playing
- Some registrants will be asked to further verify their identity. This might include taking a picture of a photo ID and uploading it. A driver’s license is the standard ID form in this case.
ESPN BET Sportsbook mobile app and rating (4.4/5)
Our user experience on the ESPN BET Sportsbook app was a positive one. We used an iPhone, and most of the customer reviews on the App Store are good. Android users might have a much different experience because the Google Play Store ratings are much lower.
- Ease of logging in: 4.6/5 – It was easy to sign in with fingerprint or face ID on mobile. Log in with a single password on desktop.
- Ease of placing bets: 4.3/5 – The app proved easy to use on iPhone except it defaults to parlay bets. There are a myriad of reported issues on Android, such as refreshing too soon, which makes it hard to save your bet slip.
- Overall speed: 4.6/5 – We had no issues with the speed of the site. Others have complained of slow load times, but we didn’t experience that.
- Ability to place parlays: 4.7/5 – Switching from moneylines to spread bets to totals is quick. No problem here.
- Ability to place single-game parlays: 4.8/5 – The bet slip makes creating single-game parlays extremely easy.
- Overall: 4.4/5: The speed and layout of ESPN BET is first rate. Some promotions are hard to find, while Android users generally don’t like their version of the app.
ESPN BET vs. DraftKings Sportsbook
|Just below average
|Promos and rewards club
|Deposit match playthrough too high
|Deposit match playthrough too high
Boosts and promotions
The ESPN BET and DraftKings Sportsbook welcome bonuses are virtually identical. The only major difference is that the DraftKings deposit match comes with a 25x playthrough, while at ESPN, it’s only 20x. Frankly, both requirements are too steep in our opinion, but the ESPN BET one is still slightly better than DraftKings’.
When it comes to the current point spreads, ESPN BET beats DraftKings, though it’s a close one. After looking through the point spreads for Week 1 of the NFL regular season, we found that ESPN BET’s odds are better than or equal to DraftKings’ most of the time.
In about half of the cases, you would need to bet less to win $100 on ESPN BET’s point spreads. The moneyline bets look a bit better on ESPN, too.
For instance, the Detroit Lions were +2 underdogs against the New York Giants, while the Lions were a +1.5 underdog on DraftKings. Both had the same moneyline odds. Meanwhile, the Cincinnati Bengals were 3.5-point underdogs against the Green Bay Packers, while they were 5-point underdogs on DraftKings.
For the Lions’ season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs, the point spread is the same at 6.5. The Lions have better moneyline odds on the ESPN sportsbook, as you’ll get +230 at ESPN BET and +220 on DraftKings. It appears that ESPN BET underestimates the Detroit Lions a bit this year, so Michigan bettors could get better odds here early in the season.
The over/under for the Lions-Giants game was 34.5 on ESPN BET, while it was 35 on DraftKings. On the Steelers–Buccaneers game, it was 40.5 on ESPN BET and 40 on DraftKings. The Packers-Bengals total was similar, as ESPN BET had its totals bet a half-point higher than at DraftKings. In short, ESPN BET is better if you take the under, while DraftKings is better if you bet the over.
The ESPN BET iOS app is pretty good. We found it easy to use, though we don’t like that the bet slip defaults to parlay bets. It should default to straight bets. Overall, the ESPN BET app has a net rating of 4.7 on the App Store, which squares with our experience.
Meanwhile, ESPN Bet has a 3.7 average rating on the Google Play Store. We used an iPhone to craft this review, so we’ll sum up the Android reviewers’ thoughts on the low rating. Complaints were numerous. For one, the Android app fails to verify your signup until you contact support. It loops an error message on live parlay bets. The app refreshes after three seconds, so you don’t have time to scroll down through the 75 alternative bets. This is just a sampling of the complaints.
These scores compare to a 4.8 rating for the DraftKings app on the App Store and a 4.6 rating on the Play Store. It makes sense because DraftKings has had more time to solve the problems in its mobile sportsbook apps.
ESPN BET vs. DraftKings: overall comparison
DraftKings is better right now, but ESPN BET has a chance to close the gap in the coming year. With a large welcome bonus and more promotions sure to kick off in the coming months, ESPN BET Sportsbook is poised to become a serious rival to DraftKings, FanDuel, and Caesars. ESPN has more sports channels than you can count and a nationwide broadcast reach, so ESPN Sportsbook should be one of the major players in US sports betting.
Live betting options at ESPN BET Sportsbook
The live betting page features the current biggest sporting events at the top of the screen. You’ll see icons for the NFL, NBA, MLB, and key tournaments throughout the year. The in-game betting page has any promos that are available at the time, plus a link for any active boosts and exclusive offers. On the right side of the page, you’ll see a bet slip with one-click straight bets and parlays. On the left, you’ll see a complete list of sports with clickable links.
As events happen, scores and betting lines update in real time. Those events will have the word “LIVE” in red letters, so you can quickly pick out live betting opportunities. Click on the live betting event and you can place in-game bets on the Lions, Detroit Pistons, Tigers, or Red Wings. Since Michigan allows bets on college teams, you can live bet on Michigan Wolverines football games each Saturday or on Michigan State Spartans basketball as they make their annual March Madness push.
ESPN BET has every option you’d want from a live betting page. Choose live game props, player props, or team props. Make bets on MLB games’ 1st Inning or the First 5 Innings. Make halftime bets or 3rd period bets.
Banking, customer service, and setting limits at ESPN BET
ESPN BET supports seven deposit methods and six payout methods. Debit cards work for deposits, but not for withdrawals.
How to add funds or cash out
The minimum deposit limit is $10 for most deposit methods, though the minimum for checks is $250. The maximum deposit limit for most payment methods is $10,000. Once again, the max deposit limit for checks and online banking is $5,000.
ESPN BET deposit options
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Online Banking
- ACH/E-Check: VIP Preferred
- Cash at Casino: Make deposits and withdrawals from your ESPN BET account at participating casino locations, in this case Greektown Casino in Detroit.
When you make a withdrawal, funds should arrive in your PayPal account instantly, while a PayPal transfer to a bank account usually takes 1 to 2 days. If you use Play+, the funds should appear instantly. Most other withdrawals take 3 to 5 business days to reach your bank account, though paper checks take 14 days.
ESPN BET withdrawals
- Play+: Access to your funds via ATMs nationwide and anywhere Discover cards are accepted.
- PayPal: Transfer to PayPal, then transfer them to the bank account.
- Online Banking: Instant processing. Funds appear in your bank account within 3-5 business days.
- VIP Preferred: Transfer funds between your ESPN BET account and your checking/savings account. Instantly processed, but takes 3-5 business days to appear in your bank account.
- Paper Check: Processed on the day the request is received. Takes up to 14 business days to arrive. Must be a minimum of $250 to utilize the check option. Make sure the address on the form page is accurate.
- Cash at Casino: Greektown Casino cashier cage.
How to contact ESPN BET customer service in Michigan
ESPN BET has three different methods of communication: email, live chat, and phone. Click on the red “Support” button at the bottom-right of most pages to begin a live chat session.
If you want to contact ESPN BET via email, click the “Email Us” button in the bottom menu of any page. This opens a contact form, which requires your email address, a subject line, and a description of the details of your request. The form also has an optional attachments box, so you can add files if needed.
To contact customer support via phone, click on the “Request Callback” option on the “Contact Us” page. This opens a red support ticket at the right-bottom of the page. It prompts the customer with the question, “How can we help?” Let the support staff know you want a phone callback and give your number.
How to set limits at ESPN BET Sportsbook
ESPN BET allows players to set limits on deposit sizes, total spending, losses, time spent, and single wager sizes. The deposit limit option lets you limit how much you deposit on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. Users can decrease their limit at any time, and the limit will be effective immediately. Bettors can increase their limit once per time period, and the level remains until the time period has expired.
The spending, losses, and max single wager limits work much the same way—on daily, weekly, and monthly cycles. Once you reach any threshold, your account will prevent you from further betting. Note that the max single wager limit rests at midnight (Eastern Time) each day.
Finally, ESPN BET offers temporary cool-off periods between 72 hours and 3 months. Once you set a cool-off, you won’t be able to log onto the site until that specified period ends. The account is automatically reinstated once the cool-off period concludes.
ESPN BET responsible gambling tools
ESPN’s sportsbook has three other responsible gaming tools available: Exclude Payment Methods, Reality Check-In Interval, and Limit History. The first lets you block and exclude a certain type of payment method. The second lets you set how often ESPN BET shows you the amount of time and money you’ve spent during the current gaming session, with the default time set at 30 minutes. The third tool allows you to view all active and past limits on your account.
Is ESPN BET Sportsbook legal in Michigan?
Yes, ESPN BET Sportsbook is legal in Michigan and 16 other US states. The site partners with Greektown Casino and is fully licensed by the Michigan Gaming Control Board. When you play at ESPN BET, you follow the gaming regulations of Michigan and have full access to the responsible gaming tools and regulations of the state.
ESPN BET locations and partnerships
ESPN BET has a partnership with Penn Entertainment, which owns Greektown Casino in Detroit. Any ESPN sportsbook customers in Michigan can visit the Greektown Casino cashier cage to make a deposit to or withdrawal from their ESPN BET online sportsbook account.
ESPN Bet Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
Sign up with ESPN Sportsbook Michigan and get up to $1,200 in bonuses. An ESPN Sportsbook promo code is not needed to claim this welcome offer. See the ESPN Sportsbook promo code section above for full details.
Beyond that, offshore sportsbooks don’t have responsible gaming measures. You won’t play with self-exclusion options, and you can’t set betting limits. Nothing stands in the way if you go on tilt and want to stop a bad month.
From a betting standpoint, there’s no reason to choose an offshore sportsbook. Not only does ESPN BET offer a welcome bonus that’s competitive with most offshore bookmaker sites, but it has odds that are as good or better than the offshore market. ESPN BET covers every sports betting market, whether you like pregame or live betting. ESPN BET is legal, legit, and has odds as good as any in the business.
To bet on sports in Michigan, you need to be 21 years of age, have a valid US Social Security number, and be inside the state borders of Michigan.
Absolutely. The Michigan Gaming Control Board (MGCB) licenses ESPN BET Sportsbook, so it has a full license to offer online sports bets. ESPN BET is a legit operation owned by ESPN, the “worldwide leader in sports.”
Once you want to make a withdrawal, you’ll have several options: Play+, PayPal, online banking, ACH, e-check, paper check, and cash at a partner casino. For quick payouts, we recommend Play+ and PayPal, well-known electronic money transfer services.
Online banking, ACH, and e-check send money directly to your bank account and take between 3-5 business days. A paper check takes up to 14 business days and is available only for cash-outs of $250 or more. “Cash at Casino” lets you deposit or withdraw money from your ESPN BET account at the cashier cage of a physical casino, in this case Greektown Casino in Detroit.
Absolutely. ESPN BET Sportsbook has a full range of Detroit Lions betting markets, including moneylines, point spreads, player props, futures bets, and live wagers.
The same goes for every Michigan sports betting, whether it’s college or pro sports. Bet on the Detroit Red Wings, Detroit Tigers, and Detroit Pistons as each franchise starts a resurgence. Follow Michigan football’s latest march toward a possible title or Michigan State basketball as it seeks its first trip to the Final Four since 2019. ESPN BET offers every bet a Michigan sports fan could want.