Minimum Deposit Casinos in Michigan
Perhaps the greatest perk of playing online casino games in Michigan is the ability to play the same games for lower stakes than traditional brick-and-mortar casinos offer.
You can try out most Michigan online casino games for pennies and get a feel for how they play. You can get hours of entertainment value out of the games with very little risk.
Most of the online casinos in Michigan have a small deposit requirement of $5-$10. That might only get you a hand or two of blackjack at traditional brick-and-mortar casinos across the state. However, with online casinos, you’ll be able to play all kinds of jackpot slots and table games for hours, risking just a few cents at a time.
Read on for more information on the launch of online casino gambling, just how little you’ll be able to start gambling with, and which games offer this kind of small-stakes fun.
Casinos with $5, $10 and $20 deposit requirements
How deposits and withdrawals work at Michigan casinos
Most of the options available will allow you to transfer money for free. Although the minimums, and fees, will depend on the method.
Here’s a look at the different online casino deposit methods that should be available in Michigan, including minimum deposit and fee information:
- Cash at the casino cage: Michigan commercial and tribal casinos hold the licenses for the state’s online casinos. That means that most casinos will allow you to visit the cage at an affiliated casino and make a deposit with cash. Plus, perhaps the best part is there will be no fee or minimums set by the online casino. At launch, most online casinos in MI do not allow cash at cage, but that could change.
- PayNearMe: Visit any 7-Eleven or CVS and you should be able to make a deposit into your online casino account with cash using the PayNearMe system. It’ll generate a barcode you can use to get the money into your account online. The minimum deposit amount is $10 with PayNearMe, but there is a $3.99 fee that doesn’t start to make sense until you deposit more.
- Visa or Mastercard: If the issuing bank approves, you can make a deposit into your online casino account with a credit or debit card. It’s fast, the minimum deposit amount is $10 and there’s usually no fee.
- ACH e-check: ACH is an online clearinghouse that will allow you to move money from your bank account into your online casino account. It might take a bit of time at first, but minimum deposits start at $10 and it’s free.
- PayPal: The most popular third-party payment processor on the Internet, PayPal will accommodate online casino deposits as low as $10 and it’s free, if you’ve got money in your PayPal account already. Fees are attached to getting funds into your PayPal account and cashing out.
- Online banking: You should be able to make a deposit into your online casino account the same way you pay any bill with online banking. There’s normally no fee, but the minimum deposit amount will probably be $25.
- Prepaid card: Michigan online casinos may issue their own branded prepaid cards you can use like a bank card at the online casino and ATMs. Minimum deposits start at $10, and no fees are attached.
What are the best games to play with a $10-$20 deposit
Before you commit to playing for real money, make sure the casino offers a variety of low-stakes games. That means games where the minimum bet is low enough that you can take more than a few shots at it before it breaks your bankroll.
If like to play online blackjack, there’s really no point in depositing $10 when the minimum bet is $5. Unless you get extremely lucky, just two bets in your starting bankroll will never be enough. For slots players, look for games where the minimum bet is around $0.10.
Here’s a look at the kind of games you should find online in Michigan:
- Slots: There will be more slots than anything else at Michigan online casinos. You’ll find the same slot games housed at most brick and mortar casinos across the state and some that are exclusive to the online realm, as well. The minimum bet for most will start at $0.20, the perfect amount for your a small deposit. Keep in mind, however, that you might need to bet more than the minimum for a shot at most progressive slot jackpots.
- Table games: Online table games like blackjack and roulette usually have a $1 minimum. While this is lower than most brick and mortar casinos across the state, you might want to consider depositing more than the $10 if table games are your thing.
- Video poker: There are low-stakes video poker games available online. The minimum bet is often just $0.05, making video poker perfect for players with small deposits.
Bonus hunting at online casinos
Michigan casinos are going to offer you free bonus cash you can use to play casino games just for signing up for an account or making a deposit. However, getting the maximum bonus will prove difficult if you’re making a small deposit.
The most common bonus is called a no deposit casino bonus. This means you won’t have to make a deposit at all and you can usually get hold of this bonus just by signing up for a new account.
The only catch is no deposit bonuses are generally small and you’ll have to meet the playthrough requirements before you can withdraw any winnings.
The second thing these casinos are going to offer you is called a first deposit bonus. This is where the size of your deposit matters. A first deposit bonus generally matches 100% of your initial deposit up to a certain amount.
If you make a minimum $10 deposit, you’ll get a $10 bonus instead of the maximum allowed.
You can compare the bonus offers each casino provides, but make sure you understand the playthrough requirements and any associated terms and conditions.