DraftKings Sportsbook Michigan
DraftKings NFL Promo - Bet $5, Win $200 in Free Bets Bet $5 on any NFL pre-game moneyline and win $200 if your team wins. Plus, get a $50 free bet and a 20% bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit - To claim Click This Link
DraftKings Sportsbook is live in Michigan and offers sports fans a safe, legal, and easy-to-use app to start betting on sports. New players through PlayMichigan receive an exclusive offer. Join DraftKings here and get a $50 free bet plus the standard $1,000 deposit bonus.
This Michigan sports betting site offers excellent software for mobile devices, fantastic promotions, including weekly odds boosts and bonus offers. You’ll also find an array of sports bets that meets your needs.
Depositing and withdrawing your cash couldn’t be easier. DraftKings Sportsbook in Michigan offers options suitable for everyone, from credit and debit cards and online bank transfers to cash transactions at hundreds of state locations.
DraftKings is partnered with the Bay Mills Indian Community, which runs the Bay Mills Resort & Casinos in Brimley on the shoreline of Lake Michigan.
DraftKings Sportsbook promo code for Michigan
Michigan is a competitive market for online sportsbooks. They all want your action, and they are prepared to pay upfront for your business. DraftKings Sportsbook offers you a bonus that ensures you benefit whether you are a sports fan looking to bet a few dollars on your home team or an avid sports betting enthusiast.
|Online Sportsbook||DraftKings Sportsbook MIchigan|
|DraftKings Promo Code||Click to claim promo|
|Free Bet With First Deposit||$50|
|First Deposit Match||20% up to $1,000|
|Michigan Partner||Bay Mills Indian Community|
|Last Updated||September 2022|
Exclusive offer – $50 free bet
When you make your first deposit with DraftKings in Michigan, you will receive a $50 free bet. This offer is exclusive to PlayMichigan.com and for new customers only. You will need to click here to join in order to qualify for this offer.
First deposit bonus up to $1,000
The other element of the new customer benefit package is a 20% match bonus up to $1,000. Whatever the amount of your first deposit, you will receive a bonus worth a fifth of that deposit (up to the $1,000 maximum). For example, if you deposit $100, you get a $20 a bonus. If you deposit $2,500, you will receive $500, and so on.
The bonus has a 25x playthrough requirement. It clears $1 at a time, so you’ll get a dollar for every $25 you wager on the site. You have 90 days to clear the bonus, but you do keep whatever you’ve already cleared even if you don’t get through it all.
Taken together with the $50 free bet on deposit offer, this is one of the more generous welcome packages in Michigan.
DraftKings Sportsbook 2022 promos
DraftKings Sportsbook offers a plethora of promotions and odds boost offers in 2022, and beyond. Here are some examples of promotions that have been running this year:
- NBA 110+ Point Insurance: If your team scores 110 points in a loss, you can get your bet back up to $25.
- No Goals, No Problem: This English Premier soccer promotion gives you your bet back (up to $25) if a game ends in a 0-0 tie.
- Parlay insurance: Bet a parlay with five or more legs on any sport, and you’ll get your bet back (up to $25) if you miss just one. However, each leg must have minimum odds of -300.
- Refer-a-friend offer: Refer friends to DraftKings Sportsbook, and you could both earn up to $100 in free bets.
There are also regular promotions including daily odds boosts, deposit bonuses, and Sportsbook Missions you can take advantage of at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Signing up for a new DraftKings account in Michigan
Michigan requires that you be 21 or older to create a sports betting account. Creating an account at DraftKings Sportsbook is easy. The sports betting site will ask you for specific information including your Social Security Number to verify your identity.
You can use this link here to visit DraftKings Sportsbook in Michigan. Then enter your basic details:
- Address and zip code
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email address
- Social Security number (last four digits)
As mentioned above, you do not need a DraftKings Sportsbook promo code. Simply use the links on our site and make your first deposit to qualify for the $50 free bet offer.
As the market leader in daily fantasy sports, DraftKings offers an abbreviated registration process for existing customers. On the registration form, you will see a link to “register with your DraftKings account.” This takes you to an alternative registration form where you use your existing DraftKings username and password.
A prompt asks you for permission to send your DFS account information to be transferred to your new sportsbook account. After clicking “Yes, send my information,” you add any additional personal details necessary to comply with sportsbook regulations. And that’s it, you are now set to start sports betting.
To place your bets, you must be physically located within the state borders. The DraftKings sports betting app uses sophisticated geolocation software to make sure it can legally accept your bets.
Other DraftKings promotions and bonus offers
Sports betting promotions are the marketing money that operators spend to retain customers. Keep a lookout for new promotions, and take advantage of those that are most suited to your betting.
- Odds Boost: Every day DraftKings offers odds boosts on specific bet types for specific events. These give you much better odds than are available at other books, so if you win, you win more money.
- DraftKings Pools: These take the form of competitions where you pay a small amount to enter your bets for the day. If you get all your picks right, you win a valuable prize. There are runner-up prizes on offer even if you get your first, second, and third picks wrong.
- Parlay insurance: This is is regularly available. This pays off if you miss winning a parlay bet when one of your picks loses. In a similar way, overtime insurance provides protection if you lose your bet in overtime.
Offers change week to week, so check the promotions page regularly.
DraftKings VIP rewards
Some Michigan sportsbooks offer a VIP rewards program to encourage betting. DraftKings does not have one in place at the moment, but this could change.
During the summer of 2019, DraftKings tested a program for a trial period. Bets earned points, and points led to prizes. The prizes were in the form of free bets or entries to DFS contests.
If this program does come back, it will probably be in a slightly different format.
Is DraftKings Sportsbook legal in Michigan?
Yes, DraftKings is legally allowed to operate in Michigan. In 2018, the US Supreme Court took up the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act — a federal law that prohibited state legislatures from allowing regulated sports betting — and found it unconstitutional.
This means that each individual state has the right to decide if it wants to authorize regulated sports betting. While Congress is permitted to take action on the authorization and regulations of betting at the federal level, it is ultimately still left up to the states.
Retail and online sports betting are fully legal in Michigan.
DraftKings sports betting app
Around 80% of online sports bets are now placed using mobile devices. Unsurprisingly, the DraftKings sports betting app is available for both Apple iOS and Android devices. You can use this link to download the DraftKings app.
DraftKings Sportsbook lists the events you can bet on at the top of the screen. The most popular are listed with a menu expansion option to see the full range of sports on offer. Account and cashier menu buttons are at the top left. Next to this are toggle options for either DFS or sportsbook. Below are options for “my bets,” “live betting,” “promos,” “help”, and “casino.”
On the homepage, you’ll see the most popular sports fixtures listed. Click on any of these to go through to more detailed betting pages. The betting slip is on the right on the desktop version, but this disappears on the apps, popping up as needed. The bottom menu allows you to pull up the betting slip with a single click.
The look and feel is pretty impressive. The DraftKings brand colors of dark and light green make for a pleasing backdrop to the highlighted sports information.
To place bets, you click on the matches you want to wager on in the main section, and these then appear in the betting slip. The betting slip has three pages, dedicated to singles, parlays and round robins. The software calculates the betting options for each bet type, together with potential payouts for the bet amount you input.
All in all, a professionally put together sports betting app that makes it easy for novice sports bettors to find and understand the bets on offer.
Best features of the DraftKings Sportsbook app
DraftKings Sportsbook is one of the best in Michigan and to help prove that point we’ve compiled a list of some of the features that help DraftKings stand out from the crowd.
- Exclusive free bet offer: Before even looking at the app specifically we can’t ignore all the offers you receive when signing up with DK Sportsbook. By following our links you get $50 free bet right out of the gate, and there’s the 20% deposit match bonus up to $1,000. If you missed it, we go into detail about all the DraftKings bonuses up above, so check it out to take full advantage.
- Stats hub: When it comes to the DraftKings Sportsbook app for Apple or Android the Stats Hub is one of our favorites across all sportsbooks. If you’ve never checked it out the Stats Hub is located across the main bar of the DK app. Once inside you’ll find different stats and notes for pretty much all sports going on at the time. There also is a parlay section with prebuilt parlays. It shows how much each parlay would payout based on $10 wagers and lists why each individual bet makes sense.
- Dedicated promo section: We also like how easy it is to keep track of the ongoing promotions at DraftKings online sportsbook. A lot of sportsbook apps have a promotions section, which DK does as well, but on the DraftKings app the top new promos appear along the top of the screen, along with an opt-in green button. It still would be great if you didn’t have to opt in all the time, but at least it’s super easy do on the DraftKings app.
How could DraftKings Sportsbook improve?
While DraftKings has a lot of great features to offer its customers, there still are a few things we’d change if given the chance. Here’s a look at three items we believe DraftKings Sportsbook could do to improve.
- Rewards program: We’d like to see players get rewarded based on how much and how often they bet. DraftKings Sportsbook does have Missions for players to complete, but they’re more random, this would be an ongoing feature, much similar to a casino’s loyalty program.
- Better flexibility on tablets: Both the DraftKings iOS and Android app the ability to be used both vertically and horizontally. We realize that if you’re using an iPhone or Android mobile phone you might use it almost exclusively in the upright position. But when it comes to iPads and other tablets, not being able to rotate the screen can be a real pain at times. For example, a lot of keyboard attachment put tablets in the horizontal position, meaning you either need to pop your device out or attempt to make your bets while reading sideways, not ideal to the say the least.
- Notification center: allow players the ability to decide what types of notifications they receive from DraftKings. If you play DraftKings Daily Fantasy it’s awesome to get alerted when you have a contest about to start and you haven’t drafted a team yet. But when it comes to DraftKings mobile sportsbook we’ve found that you either get tons of alerts or you can turn them off entirely, but no in between. Personally, hearing about promos and special offers is great, getting alerts to when games start doesn’t matter as much. So allow players the ability to customize the notifications to meet their needs.
DraftKings Michigan sports betting markets
Sports betting operators use the phrase “markets” to describe the sports and competitions on which they will take bets. These are controlled by the regulator, so the app may offer slightly different sports from DraftKings in other states.
The most popular sports for betting in the US are:
DraftKings offers all of these for both professional leagues and college games where appropriate. There are also a variety of international sports, including games like table tennis, cricket, rugby, and Aussie rules football.
Michigan is one of the only states to insist that sports betting operators use official league data where it is available. Modern online sports betting is dependent on reliable near-real-time data, so the provision isn’t really necessary, but it gives the leagues some extra income from sports betting.
Michigan teams you can bet on
When the DraftKings Sportsbook launches in Michigan, there’s a strong chance that you will want to place your wagers on local sports teams. While it’s yet to happen, the DraftKings Sportsbook in Michigan will alleviate a lot of challenges for betting on sports you’re interested in. In fact, you’ll find futures markets for all sorts of local teams, offering you variety in how you play. These teams include professional and collegiate clubs.
- Detroit Lions
- Bet on virtually all Lions games.
- Live betting on most NFL
- Lions futures and prop betting.
- Detroit Red Wings
- Bet on all Wings games.
- NHL live betting.
- Futures and props for the Red Wings and the NHL.
- Detroit Tigers
- Bet on Tigers games, including futures and props.
- Bet on lineups.
- Wager on other MLB
- Detroit Pistons
- Pistons game wagers.
- NBA futures and props.
- Michigan Wolverines
- Bet on all Wolverines football and basketball games.
- Futures for Michigan football and the NCAA.
- Michigan-Michigan State rivalry.
- Michigan State Spartans
- Spartan athletics betting, including football and basketball.
- Futures for Spartan football games and the NCAA.
- Michigan-Michigan State rivalry.
- Western Michigan Broncos
- Broncos athletics wagering.
- Futures on the Broncos and the NCAA.
- Games versus MAC rivals Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan.
- Central Michigan Chippewas
- Chippewas athletics wagering.
- Futures on Chippewas teams.
- MAC conference games versus Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan.
- Eastern Michigan Eagles
- Eagles and NCAA futures.
- MAC conference games versus Central Michigan and Western Michigan.
These teams are merely options, making Michigan a place of well-represented diversity for sports. Additionally, the DraftKings sports betting app has a wide variety of major individual sports to choose from, including golf and UFC. Major League Soccer is missing, though, leaving Detroit as one of the largest media markets without a professional soccer team.
Types of bets available at DraftKings Sportsbook
There are lots of ways to bet on sports, and DraftKings offers a bet type for everyone. The simple moneyline, spreads and totals bets are available for most markets. Futures and prop bets are on offer for those looking for something more esoteric. If you’re not sure what these bet types are, there’s a “How to bet” guide linked at the bottom of the screen. This offers lessons on:
Depending on the sport, live betting is available that includes all of these bet types. Live betting takes place after a match has started and is rapidly becoming the most popular form of sports betting in the US.
The main live betting options are listed on the main screen. Click through and you’ll see specific options for each game. These are listed under a set of tabs that vary by sport.
When you click on the bet options for a game, it is added to the betting slip. There you can decide on whether you want the bet to be a simple bet, or tie it together with other bets into a parlay or round robin.
DraftKings also offers you the ability to cash out bets early. Go to the “my bets” menu item and select “cash out.” You will then be offered a price to cash out any bets you have running. Not all bet types offer this option.
The cash out early option lets you lock in most of your winnings, or cut your losses depending on how the game is going. It’s great if the excitement of seeing an unlikely bet look like it’s going to pay off just gets to be too much.
DraftKings Sportsbook also offers the following unique betting options:
- Flash bets: Live play-by-play betting with game visualizations available for football, soccer, tennis, and baseball.
- Pools: Fixed price point betting with entry fees where wagers are essentially placed against others entering the same event. Entering a pool is like entering sports betting contests. You pay an entry fee and compete against other entries for pieces of the prize pool created.
Betting on futures at DraftKings
Michigan has a lot of potential in the sports betting futures market. While the state has yet to see official online and sportsbook app operations, you may want to remain in the loop on how sports teams across the state and country could fare in regular and postseason competitions.
- Detroit Lions futures betting: Bet on the Lions to have a positive season, including bids for divisional, conference and Super Bowl You can also bet on win totals and lines for players, including potential league MVPs.
- Detroit Red Wings futures betting: Bet on the Red Wings to dominate the Stanley Cup You can also find futures odds for team regular season totals, potential MVP picks and other league awards.
- Detroit Pistons futures betting: Bet on the Pistons to win the NBA Finals and shine in conference or division play. Discover odds on team regular season win totals and individual awards, too.
- Detroit Tigers futures betting: Bet on the Tigers and who will win the World Series, league championships and divisions. Also, potential MVP picks and season awards.
The nice part about the DraftKings Sportsbook app is that you don’t need to stick with just local clubs. For instance, you could bet on the Denver Broncos to go all the way and win another Super Bowl. College sports futures are also available for NCAA teams in and out of Michigan.
- Collegiate NCAA Division I basketball/football: Bet on Michigan and other national teams to win national championships, conferences, rivalries, Final Four bids and College Football Playoff You can also bet on Heisman Trophy winners and players of the year awards.
The futures market also involves tons of action and betting opportunities in major individual sports like golf, tennis and auto racing. Michigan, as we said, has yet to hit full stride with online, mobile and retail sports betting. However, the futures market will offer a great deal of betting action in a regulated environment that’s truly worth taking on.
How to place a bet with DraftKings Sportsbook
Placing a bet with DraftKings Sportsbook requires you to first log in to your account, then create a bet slip, and, finally, confirm your wager.
Fortunately, if you can click buttons, you can do it. Just log in to your account using the same credentials you entered when you signed up.
You can browse through the betting markets by sport using the tabs at the top of the page. You can also select bets from the personalized betting carousel the DraftKings sports betting app has designed for you.
No matter where you are, if you see a line you like, just click on it. That line will automatically show up on the bet slip on the right-hand side of the page.
Check the bet slip to make sure that’s the bet you’re after. Click on the Parlay or Round Robin tabs to construct these types of wagers. Otherwise, type in the amount you wish to wager in the space provided.
This Michigan betting app will instantly show you the potential payout and cash out options if available.
Click the green tab at the bottom of the bet slip to confirm the wager and place the bet. Check back for the results after the game.
How to deposit and cash out at DraftKings in Michigan
The security of your money is one of the regulator’s main concerns. Safe, legal banking options are one of the biggest benefits you get for using a Michigan regulated sportsbook. Naturally the best sportsbooks offer the widest possible selection of deposit and withdrawal methods. It is in the DraftKings’ best interest to make this easy.
Direct deposits from your bank
This is the fastest way to deposit to your account.
- Credit/debit card: Visa and Mastercard are accepted. DraftKings says that Chase, Union Bank, Huntington Bank, Capital One, and Bank of America don’t allow their cards to be used for gambling transactions.
- E-check: An e-check is simply an online check. The cashier explains how to get the data from your checkbook and use it to create an e-check.
- Wire transfer: Bank wire transfers work well for larger sums of money. Banks normally charge $20 to $25 to make the transfer.
There are two ways to deposit with cash:
- PayNearMe — PayNearMe operates from 7-Eleven, CVS, and Family Dollar. First, you get a code from the cashier, then deposit cash at your nearest location.
- Cash at the casino cage — You can deposit cash directly to your sports betting account at the cashier cage in the MotorCity Casino Hotel in Detroit.
Payment processors are third-party financial institutions. You fund your account from your bank or by credit/debit card and use it to make online purchases. You can also withdraw your funds as cash using the associated card at most ATMs.
- DraftKings Prepaid Play+ Card — This branded card is available from the cashier. It will be sent to your home address a week or two after application.
- PayPal — DraftKings Sportsbook accepts PayPal. If you already have a PayPal account, this is probably the fastest way to fund your account.
- Skrill — Skrill is similar to PayPal and offers gambling-related promotions to regular users.
- Check — You can send a check directly to DraftKings Michigan.
Withdrawal options are more limited. DraftKings allows withdrawals by check, e-check, PayPal, Skrill, and at the casino cage. If you have a DFS account with DraftKings, you can’t use funds deposited in that account to place sports bets. But you can use any winnings from DFS wagers to make sports bets.
DraftKings.com customer support
The top menu contains a link to the help section. There’s an FAQ section linked at the bottom of the main screen and a contact us link. This page provides details for email support and a live chat option for immediate support.
There is a responsible gambling link at the top of the home screen. This allows you to set deposit limits and self-exclude for a short time or permanently. There are links to support if you feel you have a gambling problem.
Where is the DraftKings retail sportsbook?
In the summer of 2020, DraftKings announced a partnership with the Bay Mills Resort & Casinos and the Bay Mills Indian Community. This means that DraftKings will have its temporary digs at the tribe’s hotel-casino resort combo in Brimley, Michigan. Here’s some quick information about the DraftKings retail sportsbook lounge that’s opening soon.
- Address: 11386 West Lakeshore Drive
- Location: Brimley, MI 49715
- Phone: 888-422-9645
- Website: www.baymillscasinos.com
- Amenities: Large screen TVs; access to casinos and hotel amenities; sports lounge
- Betting: Cashiers and self-serve kiosks
- Hours: TBD
- Opening: TBD
The DraftKings sportsbook lounge at the Bay Mills Resort & Casinos will be opening soon. That means we will update you all as to the hours of operation and sporting menu when that information becomes available.
Is DraftKings the best sportsbook in Michigan?
Sportsbook operations of all kinds are vying for market share in the competitive Michigan market.
You can be sure, however, that DraftKings will maintain a strong market placement compared to other major sportsbooks like FanDuel, BetMGM, Fox Bet, William Hill, Golden Nugget and Barstool. As a platform, DraftKings is phenomenal and well designed. There are outstanding sign-up offers and bonuses for first-time players, intuitive apps and genuinely unique retail experiences.
DraftKings Michigan also has introduced a new Dynasty Rewards program that makes being a DraftKings Sportsbook customer in Michigan even better.
History of DraftKings
DraftKings began operations in 2012 as a daily fantasy sports company.
DraftKings’ first contest launched on Major League Baseball’s Opening Day in 2012. By April of 2013, Major League Baseball invested in DK, becoming the first sports league to invest in a DFS entity. The amount of the investment was not disclosed.
During the DFS boom of the mid-2010s, DraftKings and FanDuel battled it out for which company would be No. 1. Along the way DraftKings acquired DraftStreet, which at the time was the third-large daily fantasy site, and signed deals with the NHL and ESPN.
In 2017, both DraftKings and FanDuel talked about a merger, but that was blocked by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC said the deal would give the new company more than 90% of the DFS market, thus creating a monopoly.
When the Supreme Court ruled that the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act (PASPA) was unconstitutional it paved the way for legal sports betting throughout the country. DraftKings quickly began launching sportsbooks in states that legalized sports betting, with New Jersey being the first.
With retail sportsbooks opening in Michigan in March 2020 and online sportsbooks following suit in November 2020, DraftKings entered the Michigan sports betting scene. in Michigan, DK is partnered with the Bay Mills Indian Community for both its online and retail sportsbook.
DraftKings Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
There is no code to claim the DraftKings welcome bonus. Just register with DraftKings Michigan here, and you’ll be set. Then, when you make a deposit, you’ll get a $50 free bet and also a 20% deposit match for up to $1,000.
DraftKings may not have the strongest welcome bonus among other legal and licensed online sportsbooks in Michigan, but by default, DraftKings is better than Bovada. This is because Bovada is an offshore sportsbook that does not offer the same peace of mind in terms of payouts and security.
Yes, you can cash out of wagers early at DraftKings. The option won’t be available for every single wager, but you may be able to at certain points throughout an active contest.
The DraftKings Sportsbook app is available for Android and Apple (iOS) devices, and you can find links to download it on the DraftKings website.
Absolutely. The NFL is the most popular sport to bet on at DraftKings MI, so you will find a plethora of Lions bets. You can place pregame, live and futures bets on the Lions throughout much of the year.
You would need to be in another state where DraftKings Online Sportsbook is legal and operational. At the moment, those states are AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, KS, LA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, PA, TN, VA, WV & WY.