Why find the fastest-paying Michigan online casinos? To get your money quickly, of course.
The 15 online casinos in Michigan will all give you your winnings in a timely manner, but PlayMichigan’s experts tested them to find which Michigan online casino pays out the fastest, and which banking methods will get your money from your online casino account to your bank account in the shortest amount of time.
Ranking the top 5 fastest paying Michigan online casinos
When it comes to the fastest paying Michigan online casinos, your experience may vary. But here’s how the top five lined up when our experts tested them out.
|Online Casino||Average Payout Speed||Fastest Payout||Welcome Bonus|
|Golden Nugget||1-2 Days for electronic payments||Play+||$1,010 with Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS|
|FanDuel||1-2 Days for PayPal; 2-4 Days for Transfers, Debit||PayPal/Play+||$1,000 Click Link|
|BetMGM||1-3 Days for PayPal and Debit; 3-5 Days for Other||PayPal||$1,025 with Bonus Code: PLAYNJFREE|
|BetRivers||1-3 Days for most electronic methods||Trustly Online Banking||$500 with Promo Code: PLAYCAS|
|DraftKings||2-4 Business Days, 1-3 Days for PayPal||Debit card||$2,035 Click Link|
Fastest payout methods at Michigan online casinos
Oftentimes the quickest way to get your money has less to do with the fastest paying online casinos in Michigan, and more to do with the method you’re receiving it.
In our tests, PayPal was the fastest method of receiving money among the most commonly used. We experienced withdrawals hitting an account within a couple hours. Of course, with PayPal, you would still need to transfer the money to get it to your bank account, but having it available to use almost instantly after requesting it from the casino is a plus.
Online casinos that accept Play+ count that as their fastest payout method, as it will be credited to your account instantly.
Here are the payout times for the most commonly used methods.
- PayPal (sometimes as fast as 1-2 hours)
- Bank transfer (1-3 business days)
- eCheck (2-4 business days)
- Check (as long as 7 days)
Not surprisingly, an actual check takes the longest, as it has to be mailed to you. But some people like to physically touch and feel their money, and are willing to wait.
Bank transfers and eChecks can be quick, as well, but it depends as much or more on your banking institution than it does the online casino you’re withdrawing from.
Comparing the fastest paying online casinos in Michigan
Here are some things to know when withdrawing from our favorite Michigan online casinos. To be clear, these are not listed in the order of which online casino pays out the fastest.
Review: Golden Nugget Casino Michigan
- To start a withdrawal from Golden Nugget, you will need to visit the cashier page within your account.
- Golden Nugget tells customers to allow for 48 hours of processing time on a withdrawal, but that’s a conservative estimate.
- There is a $10 minimum withdrawal for methods such as PayPal or Play+, and a $20 minimum for withdrawals to a credit or debit card.
Review: BetMGM Michigan Casino
- Visit your account page at BetMGM and the option to withdraw is right there in your wallet.
- PayPal and VIP bank transfer are listed as options, with PayPal being the fastest. There’s also the option pick up your money at MGM Grand Detroit.
- There is a $10 minimum on all withdrawals, no matter the method.
Review: DraftKings Casino Michigan
- DraftKings online casino will require two-factor authentication the first time you withdraw from your account. You’ll also receive a pair of emails during the process.
- It claims that a debit card is the fastest method, and that PayPal or Venmo could take up to two days, and Play+ and other prepaid cards could take up to four. We found those to be rather conservative.
- One plus with DraftKings: Withdrawal minimums are only $1 for most methods. It’s $15 for a check, and $20,000 for a bank wire, if you’re a high roller.
Review: FanDuel Casino Michigan
- Getting to your account page requires nimble fingers on the FanDuel app, as the button is wedged between announcement and deposit in the upper right corner.
- FanDuel allows withdrawals through all of the common methods, but you cannot withdraw from PayPal or Venmo unless you’ve made a deposit with those accounts.
- Like DraftKings, FanDuel has a minimum withdrawal of $1 for most methods.
Review: WynnBET Casino Michigan
- Getting to the withdrawal option is simple, as you just click on “My Account” in the bottom left of your app to reveal a slide-out menu. The withdrawal button is just as prominent there as the deposit.
- PayPal, online banking, eCheck and Play+ are all listed as options. But here’s a warning: Don’t click online banking if you don’t mean to. We got stuck in a neverending loop of hitting “cancel” only to have the page pop right back up, forcing us to close the app.
- You can also only use online banking if you’re using an iOS device.
Review: PokerStars Casino Michigan
- You can either click the withdrawal button prominently placed at the top of your account page, or visit the cashier tab. When making your first withdrawal, it will require you to enter all of your personal details to verify your identity.
- PokerStars does claim that its withdrawals are processed immediately, no matter the withdrawal method.
- Withdrawals to PayPal and Skrill will arrive in your account immediately, while they say to allow 3-10 days for online banking withdrawals to hit your account.
Review: BetRivers Casino Michigan
- The BetRivers app conveniently has a cashier button on its homepage in the top right corner.
- You can use all the common withdrawal methods, as well as Venmo and Rush Cash, which allows you to pick up cash in person at Little River Casino.
- Every method other than Trustly Online Banking, claims it can take up to 72 hours to review and approve. We didn’t find that to be the case, specifically when using PayPal.
- Play+ and eCheck options list a $10 minimum withdrawal.
What funds can I withdraw from Michigan online casino apps?
Before you can be concerned with which Michigan online casino has the fastest payouts, you need to know what you can actually withdraw.
Because not all funds listed in your bankroll are always eligible to be withdrawn.
Before you get angry, realize that the non-withdrawable funds are typically bonus money you were given or earned through some kind of Michigan online casino bonus.
Those funds are subject to playthrough requirements before one can withdraw them, preventing players from signing up, claiming a bonus then walking away with it before playing. This is a business, after all.
Typically, you can see how much of your bankroll is eligible to be withdrawn by checking your account. At BetMGM, for instance, your “wallet” lists your total bankroll, how much is withdrawable, and how much is from bonuses and rewards.
What are playthrough requirements?
A playthrough requirement at a Michigan online casino is one of the main terms of a bonus, whether that’s a welcome bonus, deposit bonus or no-deposit bonus. In the simplest terms, it’s the amount of times you have to bet the bonus money before it is eligible to be withdrawn.
For instance, BetRivers Casino has a 1x playthrough requirement for its welcome bonus. If you get the full $500, that means you would have to wager at least $500 before any of that bonus would be eligible for withdrawal.
DraftKings, meanwhile, has the option for a $2,000 deposit match bonus, but with a 15x playthrough. That means you would need to wager 15 times the amount of your bonus before you could withdraw the money. If that was the entire $2,000, you’d need to wager $30,000 before withdrawing.
Currently, BetRivers, FanDuel and DraftKings are offering 1x playthrough deposit bonuses for customers.
Is my money safe at Michigan online casino apps?
Yes. The Michigan Gaming Control Board has regulations and protections in place to protect consumers and their money.
All online casino apps in Michigan must go through a thorough testing process to make sure they meet certain requirements before going live. This, of course, is different than any non-regulated or offshore gambling site, where your money would not be protected.
Most Michigan online casinos also require two-factor authentication to login, making it difficult for someone to access your account and your bankroll, even if they were to somehow gain access to your login credentials.
Now, clearly you would want to create a strong password to prevent that from happening in the first place. But the extra layer of prevention is nice.
As another layer of protection on top of that, some online casinos may ask to verify your identity before completing your withdrawal. These things could seem like annoying barriers at times, but they do help to keep your money secure, and give you peace of mind.
Gamble responsibly at Michigan online casinos
When using a Michigan online casino, please remember to do so responsibly.
All online casinos in Michigan offer responsible gaming tools, including setting limits on time, bets and deposits, as well as the ability to take a timeout.
The MGCB also provides a list of responsible gambling resources on its website.
Here’s what’s available to you in Michigan.
- Michigan Association on Problem Gambling Helpline: 1-800-270-7117
- Gamblers Anonymous: Offers local support groups. To find one near you, visit their website.
- Michigan Disassociated Persons List: Michigan gamblers can bar themselves from the Detroit casinos permanently. There is also a process to allowing a pathway off the list in five years. Call 1-888-223-3044 for information.
- Gam-Anon: For family and friends to refer someone for help.