FireKeepers Online Sportsbook Bonus Code for $500 Bonus
If you want to bet on sports and do so using a sportsbook with a strong Michigan connection, look no further than FireKeepers Sportsbook. FireKeepers is owned by the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi, which also owns and operates FireKeepers Casino Hotel in Battle Creek.
At FireKeepers, you can wager on sports remotely using your smartphone, computer or tablet. And if you are new to the online sportsbook, you’ll receive a matching bonus on your first bet for up to $500 when you create an account.
On this page, we’ll review that welcome bonus at FireKeepers online sportsbook, along with the betting options it offers, available banking methods, the sportsbook app and other key areas to see how it stacks up against other Michigan sportsbooks.
FireKeepers Online Sportsbook Michigan sign up bonus in 2023
Although many Michigan sportsbooks offer risk-free first bets, the FireKeepers sign-up bonus is potentially even better. That’s because those offers only kick in if your first bet loses. At FireKeepers Sportsbook, you receive a free wager equal in amount to the first wager you place whether it wins or loses.
|Online Sportsbook||FireKeepers Sportsbook Michigan|
|Bonus Code||None - Use Links|
|First Bet Matching Bonus||Up to $500|
|Online Since||July 2021 in Michigan|
|Last Updated||February 2023|
FireKeepers Sportsbook free bet bonus — the fine print!
Here are the main terms and conditions to be aware of for FireKeepers Sportsbook’s first-bet bonus:
- You must bet at least $25 to receive a free bet, and the maximum free bet amount you can receive is $500.
- There also is a minimum odds requirement of -200. The odds for your first bet need to be at or above -200.
- You need to use the free bet you receive in its entirety, and you can’t withdraw it or redeem it for any cash value. The free bet expires seven days from when the sportsbook issues it.
All in all, we have nothing negative to say about this offer. In a perfect world, you’ll win your first bet, get a free wager and win that one, as well.
Can I trust FireKeepers Sportsbook?
Yes. On top of offering gambling in the state starting when its retail casino opened in 2009, FireKeepers also is a licensed online sportsbook. The Michigan Gaming Control Board granted FireKeepers a sports betting license in July 2021, indicating that it’s a legal and safe online sportsbook.
If you encounter any problems with FireKeepers, or any Michigan sportsbooks for that matter, you can contact the MGCB by calling 313-456-4100.
As for Michigan sports betting laws as a whole, there are a few you should know about:
- The legal betting age in the state is 21. When you attempt to open an account with FireKeepers, the site will verify your age.
- Although you don’t have to reside in Michigan to bet with FireKeepers, you do have to be in the state when making bets. FireKeepers uses geolocation to make sure that you are within the state when you place any bets.
- In addition to being able to bet on Michigan’s professional sports teams, you also can wager on Michigan-based colleges such as Michigan and Michigan State. However, the state doesn’t allow prop bets on individual college athletes.
Getting started at FireKeepers Sportsbook in Michigan
Opening a new account with the FireKeepers online sportsbook takes just a couple of minutes, and you can complete the process remotely. Just head to the site and select “Join Now” in the upper right corner. Next, you’ll need to enter a few personal details:
- Phone number
You also must check a few boxes confirming you are 21 or older and are not banned from having an account with FireKeepers. Once you submit the form, a new window will open asking for the last four digits of your Social Security number. This is a requirement as well. Once that’s done, your FireKeepers Sportsbook account will be ready to go.
How do I download the FireKeepers Sportsbook app?
FireKeepers has both an iOS app and Android app. Both work very well, and although the iOS version is just a touch easier to download, neither takes more than a couple of minutes to get installed on your mobile device. Here’s a rundown of how to download both versions.
- How to download the FireKeepers iOS app: Head to the FireKeepers Sportsbook site on your mobile device, scroll down and click the “Download for iOS” button.
- How to download the FireKeepers Android app: This time, at the bottom of the page, select the “Download for Android” option. The file is safe, so you can follow the prompts to authorize the download and complete the process.
Where do I find FireKeepers promotions?
If you are using the FireKeepers website, all you need to do is click the “Promotions” header near the top of the webpage. On the app, you have to click on your account and then scroll down to find the tab for the FireKeepers promotions page.
But, at the moment, you likely will not find many promotional offers when you go there. At the time of this writing, the only FireKeepers promotions were for the welcome bonuses at the online sportsbook and online casino. We’ll keep checking back to see if FireKeepers offers any additional promos in the future.
Why should I choose the FireKeepers Sportsbook app?
FireKeepers has a variety of things going for it. During our review, here were some of the ones that stood out:
- Welcome bonus: The welcome bonus at FireKeepers really is among the best in Michigan. Having the sportsbook match your first bet dollar-for-dollar up to $500 is a tough situation to beat.
- Michigan-based company: Although DraftKings, FanDuel and PointsBet, among others, are all great sportsbooks, none of them is based in Michigan. FireKeepers is, and we love the ability to support Michigan-based companies. And the fact that FireKeepers helps with donation drives and charitable giving makes it even better.
- Sportsbook and casino: If you’d like to play any online casino games, FireKeepers is a great choice, since you can do all of that through the same app or website. There’s no need to have separate accounts for online sports betting and online casino gambling.
What won’t I like about the FireKeepers Sportsbook app?
Here are some of the areas that stood out as potentially needing improvements:
- Promotions: Although the welcome bonus at FireKeepers is great, at the moment it’s a disappointment to not have any additional promotions after that initial registration. Here’s hoping some parlay promos or insurance promos are available soon.
- Single-game parlays: It also would be great if FireKeepers would offer single-game parlays for MLB, NFL and the NBA. You’ll find these features at competitors such as PointsBet, DraftKings, BetMGM and FanDuel.
- More banking options: We also wish FireKeepers offered a few more deposit and withdrawal options. The choices are by no means bleak when it comes to funding your account, but they could be better, as well.
What kind of bets can I make at FireKeepers online sportsbook?
FireKeepers offers all the standard bets that you’ll find at legal sportsbooks in Michigan. Here’s an example of a game listing to help explain your main options:
|Detroit Lions||+9.5 (-110)||+310||Over 54.5 (-110)|
|Green Bay Packers]||-9.5 (-110)||-410||Under 54.5 (-110)|
- Moneylines: Moneylines are bets on which side will win the game. In the example above, Green Bay is a fairly heavy favorite. As such, the Packers’ -410 odds mean you would need to bet $410 to profit $100 if you’re correct. Betting on the Lions at odds of +310 indicate that you’d win a profit of $310 on a successful $100 bet. And the same ratio applies to potential winnings for larger or smaller bet amounts.
- Spreads: With a spread of 9.5, you can wager on the Lions at +9.5, and as long as they don’t lose by more than that amount, you’ll win your bet. The Packers, on the other hand, have to win by more than 9.5 points to cover their spread of -9.5.
- Totals: Totals are bets on the total score by both teams in a game, regardless of which team wins. In the example above, you can bet on whether the total combined score will be over or under 54.5 points.
- Props: Side bets on whether specific things will happen in a game. In football, for example, you could bet on how many rushing, receiving or passing yards a player will finish with. During golf tournaments, you can get on how many birdies or eagles a player will have in a round. Or for baseball, you can bet on the number of strikeouts a pitcher will have. The options aren’t endless, but they’re numerous.
- Futures: Bet on things that may take months to settle, such as betting on a particular team to win its division, conference or the Super Bowl.
- Parlays: Combine multiple bets as a single wager. This bet type increases your potential payout over what you could get from wagering each bet individually. To win, however, each of your bets must be right.
- Round robins: Similar to parlays, but you can still win some money if you don’t get all of your picks right. The tradeoff is that the overall potential winnings are smaller than what you’d receive for parlays.
- Live betting: By tapping on the “Live Now” tab at FireKeepers Sportsbook, you’ll be able to see all the ongoing games that you can bet on at that very moment. There usually are a number of alternate point spreads and totals bets available, and an updated moneyline, too, of course. The odds and lines will frequently shift to reflect what is happening as the game progresses.
Can I bet on the Detroit Pistons at FireKeepers Sportsbook online?
Yes, you absolutely can bet on the Detroit Pistons at FireKeepers, along with any other NBA team. You also can place futures bets on the Pistons throughout most of the year. If you are new to NBA betting, you might want to familiarize yourself with some of these options:
- Player props: The NBA offers some of the best player prop options around. You’ll find bets for points, rebounds and assists by individual players, for instance.
- Game’s first basket: This is a very popular prop bet for the NBA, and it’s also one where you’ll know the result just a minute or two into the game. You are simply betting on which player will sink the game’s first field goal. There is some skill and research involved in this wager, but also a lot of luck.
- Quarter and halftime bets: Maybe betting on full games isn’t quite your style. In that case, you can choose from various quarter and halftime bets. You could bet on the Pistons to win the second quarter on the moneyline or the over for the second-half points total, for example.
How do I get money on (and off!) FireKeepers Sportsbook quickly?
Here are your options for funding your FireKeepers account and for withdrawing funds when the time comes:
|Deposit Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|Visa, Mastercard Debit/Credit Card||$10||Instant|
|FireKeepers Play+ Card||$10||Instant|
|Withdrawal Method||Minimum Amount||Processing Time|
|E-check||No Minimum||Up to 72 Hours|
|FireKeepers Play+ Card||No Minimum||Up to 72 Hours|
You also can head to the casino cage and make deposits and withdrawals at FireKeepers Casino Hotel. Just make sure you have proper identification and all your login information.
How do I get help at FireKeepers Michigan Sportsbook?
If you need help from a FireKeepers customer service rep, you have a number of options:
- Email [email protected].
- Click the “Support” button and conduct a live chat with a help desk employee.
- Submit a ticket through the FireKeepers help center.
Additionally, you can turn to the help page for a self-help answer to your problem. We find these are usually good places to start. If you can’t find an answer after a minute or two, then try whichever other option is most convenient to you.
How do I exclude myself from FireKeepers?
FireKeepers offers a variety of responsible gambling features. When you click on “My Account” and then “Responsible Gaming,” you’ll find a number of choices. Under “Limits,” you can impose limits for depositing, wagering and the amount of time you can spend on the site. Under “Cool Off,” you can shut down your FireKeepers account for anywhere from three to 365 days. And under “Self Exclusion,” you can request to shutter your sportsbook account for one or five years.
Can I bet with FireKeepers Sportsbook in person?
Yes. FireKeepers has a retail sportsbook located at FireKeepers Casino Hotel. It’s called Dacey’s Sportsbook and Taphouse and has room for 125 patrons on the main level with a mezzanine that provides additional seating. It also serves food and drinks and has multiple TVs for watching live action.
- Address: 11177 E. Michigan Ave., Battle Creek, Michigan
- Phone: 877-352-8777
- Website: firekeeperscasino.com/casino/games/sports/
- Betting: Three in-person betting windows and multiple self-service betting kiosks.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 11 a.m.-11 p.m.; Saturday-Sunday, 9 a.m.-midnight. Kiosks open 7 a.m.-5 a.m. daily.
- Opened: 2021
How does FireKeepers compare with other Michigan sportsbooks?
FireKeepers is a fine online sportsbook in Michigan. Whether it’s better than some of the other top books in the state, though, is another matter. Here’s how FireKeepers compares with some of its competitors:
- DraftKings vs. FireKeepers: Although the welcome bonus at FireKeepers is much better than what you’ll find at DraftKings, everything afterward tends to favor DraftKings. There are better promotions, more betting markets and just an overall better experience with DraftKings.
- FanDuel vs. FireKeepers: If we had to pick a top Michigan sportsbook, we’d probably choose FanDuel. And that’s because FanDuel has a welcome bonus that’s close to FireKeepers’ equal, along with an array of additional promotions that is second to none and other betting options that include single-game parlays.
- BetMGM vs. FireKeepers: This is a little closer matchup. BetMGM starts you out with a risk-free bet, so that’s a bit short of what FireKeepers offers. In addition, the BetMGM app can be a little finicky. However, BetMGM has myriad additional promos, which is not something that FireKeepers matches at the moment.
- Caesars vs. FireKeepers: Caesars is quickly becoming one of the top sportsbooks in Michigan, and with good reason. It offers a risk-free bet for up to $5,000, to start with, and it also has a plethora of promos and live boosts that FireKeepers just cannot compete with at this time.
FireKeepers Online Sportsbook FAQ
When you create an account and place a wager of at least $25, the sportsbook will offer a matching bet for that initial amount, up to $500.
No. As things currently stand, FireKeepers is only available for use in Michigan. The online sportsbook will track your location to ensure you meet the geographical requirement if you want to bet.
The Nottawaseppi Huron Band of the Potawatomi owns and operates the online sportsbook, along with FireKeepers Casino Hotel. The casino has been in operation since 2009 and has undergone numerous renovations and additions in that time, including the addition of a second hotel tower in the summer of 2021.
You have three options for cashing out any winnings at FireKeepers. You can request an e-check, receive the money on your FireKeepers Play+ prepaid debit card or collect your winnings in person at the casino cage at FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
To a small extent, you can. Gambling winnings are taxable income in the US and in Michigan. As such, you can use your losses to help cancel out any winnings when doing your taxes. We’re not tax accountants, though, so if you have questions, consider consulting with a professional.
Yes. You can wager on in-state college teams in Michigan. That means you also can bet on the Michigan Wolverines and many of the other Division I colleges and universities in the state. Michigan prohibits prop bets on individual college athletes, however. (Team prop bets are often available and legal.)