Disclaimer: Fanatics Sportsbook is not live in Michigan. This review is speculative, and we will update it if Fanatics launches in Michigan.
The sports apparel and memorabilia giant Fanatics is expanding into sports betting. The company has filed for a trademark of “BetFanatics,” and it plans to launch in a number of states before the start of the 2023 NFL season.
Fanatics CEO Michael Rubin says the sportsbook venture hopes to capitalize on the retail brand’s existing customer pool. When you sign up for a new account at BetFanatics, you’ll also likely gain access to some sort of welcome bonus. While we don’t know exactly what the BetFanatics sign-up bonus will be just yet, likely options include a deposit bonus, a second-chance bet, or a smaller no-deposit bonus.
- User experience: Given the company’s experience with mobile applications, BetFanatics could end up with solid, functional software or perhaps better.
- Odds: Ideally, the BetFanatics website will offer betting odds in line with industry standards.
- Promos: BetFanatics is likely to offer various promotions, perhaps even combining sports betting with sports merchandise promos.
- Best feature: It is difficult to name a best feature without a product to review. However, some sort of loyalty program with memorabilia rewards could be interesting.
Fanatics Sportsbook Michigan bonus code for May 2023
Given that BetFanatics Sportsbook has yet to launch, we don’t know if it will be requiring a bonus code or what that code might be if it does. However, the online sportsbook will almost certainly offer some type of welcome bonus.
|Online Sportsbook||Fanatics Sportsbook MIchigan|
|BetFanatics Promo Code||TBD|
|Bonus Terms & Conditions||TBD|
|Last Updated||May 2023|
Fanatics Sportsbook Michigan sign-up bonus
Since the sportsbook isn’t live, we don’t know exactly what the BetFanatics welcome bonus will be. But we can make some guesses by looking at other online betting welcome bonuses. These are some of the welcome bonuses we typically see online sportsbooks offer in Michigan:
- Deposit matching bonus: The sportsbook will match a set percentage of your first deposit — often 100% — up to a maximum amount. One key factor to pay attention to here is the playthrough requirement, aka the number of times you need to wager the bonus funds before you can withdraw them. A lower requirement is obviously better.
- Second-chance bet: If your first bet at the sportsbook loses, receive a matching refund as a single bet or multiple bonus bets. You’ll then need to use those bets to place additional wagers — and win — to receive any benefit.
- Bet and get: Receive bonus bets if you make a wager of a certain amount. In the past, for example, DraftKings has offered $200 in bet credits if you make a moneyline wager of $5 and that wager wins.
When will Fanatics Sportsbook launch in Michigan?
An initial indicator of Fanatics prepping to launch an online sportsbook was earlier in 2022 when Rubin sold his ownership stake in the New Jersey Devils and Philadelphia 76ers. Fanatics then announced plans to launch a sportsbook and filed a trademark for the term “BetFanatics.”
In October, Rubin announced that the BetFanatics Sportsbook would be launching in its first states in January 2023, with plans to be live in additional states by the 2023 NFL season.
One hurdle that would exist for Fanatics in Michigan, however, is the number of available licenses. State sports betting law allows for 15 online sportsbooks in Michigan, and there are already a full 15 in the state at the moment. Barring a spot opening up or state law changing, it’s unclear what Fanatics’ path forward would be.
How to sign up at BetFanatics Sportsbook in Michigan
Signing up at an online sportsbook is generally a fairly standard process. In all likelihood, the BetFanatics betting site will require the following information for new users to create a sportsbook account:
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
BetFanatics will then confirm your details and that you are who you say you are. You need to be 21 or older to bet at an online sportsbook in Michigan. Once you have successfully input your information, you are ready to start placing bets.
Fanatics sports betting app and rating
The BetFanatics app is not yet available, so it’s impossible to say for sure what it will offer and what its strengths and weaknesses will be. Here are some things we’ll be looking for once it launches, though:
- Ease of logging in: Being able to log in quickly is important for regular users, especially on busy sports days like Sundays. Being able to log in via face ID or fingerprint can be helpful.
- Ease of placing bets: We want to see a clear and concise bet slip that is always available at the touch of a button.
- Overall speed: Arguably the most important feature, a solid processing speed is necessary to keep up with high demand.
- Parlays: Ideally, it will take just a few clicks to place a parlay. Also helpful would be a specific parlay builder feature that lays out exactly what your parlay is and how the parlay odds/payout increase with each additional leg.
- Same-game parlays: A relatively new but popular betting option, SGPs should also be quick to build and not limited to only a few sports.
- Overall: With Fanatics’ history in other areas, it’ll be interesting to see how it does when it comes to offering a sports betting app in Michigan.
Live betting at BetFanatics Sportsbook
Placing wagers on games that are already underway adds a whole new element to the betting experience. Live betting is available at pretty much all legitimate online sportsbooks, but the quality of the experience can vary.
Most sportsbooks offer live betting on game outcomes, like moneylines, second-half totals, and live spreads. At a minimum, we hope to see BetFanatics incorporate this type of live betting, which would be on par with what some other books offer. It would not rank at the top of the live betting options, though.
It would also be good to see a selection of live props. For example, selecting who will score the next touchdown or goal, or whether the next basket will be worth one, two, or three points. There could also be the option to choose the outcome of each at-bat or drive for baseball and football, respectively. This would require a greater technological investment, however.
Other bet types at BetFanatics Sportsbook
In addition to live betting, we expect to see all the traditional forms of bets at BetFanatics. Moneylines, futures, spreads, totals, parlays and props will all be available. Bets on Michigan teams — from Wolverines odds to Pistons odds to Red Wings odds — will also be available, whether BetFanatics ends up able to launch in the state or not.
Another key area will be same-game parlays with plenty of online prop bets available. Most sportsbooks offer SGPs, but again, the quality of the options can vary. Essentially, the more options a sportsbook offers, the better.
Banking at Fanatics online betting
How to add funds or cash out
An underrated but very important aspect of an online sportsbook is the variety of banking options that it offers. Given Fanatics’ experience in e-commerce, the sportsbook will likely support a solid number of methods for deposits and withdrawals. Here are some of the banking options we expect to see at BetFanatics online sportsbook in Michigan :
- Credit/debit card
- ACH bank transfer
- Check by mail
- Cash at the cage of a partner casino
BetFanatics customer service
As a successful sports merchandise company, Fanatics will likely draw on its established customer support system for a new sportsbook. The company already has plenty of experience in customer service, so it should be up to speed right at launch. This will likely include a self-help center with an FAQ. Other contact options could include live chat, email or over the phone.
How to set limits at BetFanatics Sportsbook
Like all regulated sportsbooks, BetFanatics will have to adhere to responsible gambling policies. This means there will likely be educational resources on the platform, as well as ways to limit your access, should you wish. You will likely have the option to set these limits with built-in tools on the platform.
There may be deposit or wagering limits over a certain time period. You might also have the option to set a limit for how long you can spend on the BetFanatics online sportsbook app each day. Additionally, there will be a self-exclusion function that allows you to remove yourself from the app for a set amount of time if you feel that your gambling has become an issue.
BetFanatics Sportsbook betting locations and partnerships
Fanatics has not announced if it will seek to offer a retail sportsbook in Michigan. So far, it has only stated that it will be using the software provider Kambi for its online sportsbook in whatever states where it ends up launching.
Fanatics Sportsbook Michigan FAQ
What is the Fanatics Sportsbook promo code for May 2023?
BetFanatics has yet to announce its welcome bonus or promo code for new customers, or whether a BetFanatics promo code will even be required.
Is Fanatics Sportsbook licensed in Michigan?
No, and at the moment, all 15 online sportsbook licenses available under state law are spoken for.
What would be the minimum age to use BetFanatics Sportsbook in Michigan?
You must be 21 or older to bet on sports in Michigan. If BetFanatics Michigan Sportsbook eventually launches in the state, you will need to meet that age requirement to use it.
Do I need to download the app to bet at BetFanatics Sportsbook online?
The answer to that is likely no. Most online sportsbooks offer betting via a website as well as an app.
Will I be able to bet on the Detroit Lions at BetFanatics Sportsbook?
Yes, you’ll be able to bet on all of the NFL in any state where BetFanatics launches.