Playing online roulette in Michigan can be easy with the right guidance. We’ve compiled a detailed guide to help you understand how the game works, great tips to help you get started, and suggestions of Michigan online casinos to test your newly gained knowledge.
What is roulette, and how does it work?
Roulette is a staple at online casinos. It features a wheel with alternating red and black pockets, numbered 1 through 36, with a single, green zero pocket in some variations. Select your chip denomination and tap the portion of the board where you want to wager. Once the roulette wheel is spun, where the ball lands will determine if you’ve won or not, depending on the bets you have made. The roulette wheel was invented by French physicist Blaise Pascal in 1655.
How to play online roulette for beginners
Roulette features simple gameplay that takes only a few minutes for new players to understand. To begin, log into your online casino account and choose your preferred roulette variation in the casino lobby. Here is a three-step guide for beginners on how to play online roulette in the Great Lakes State.
- Choose a roulette variation: From the homepage, visit the casino lobby and browse the options. Afterward, choose a variation that suits your gambling preferences. Click the game icon to start playing.
- Place your bets: Select the chip icons on the screen to set your stake size, and click where you desire to bet on the board. You can place outside bets (red/black, odd/even, high/low) or inside bets on single numbers or number groups. You can double your bet size by locating the ‘2x’ button.
- Tap the ‘Spin’ button: Tap the ‘Spin’ button to release the ball. Unlike the land-based version, roulette online employs random number generator (RNG) software to ensure the spins are fair and random. After the wheel stops spinning, the results appear on the screen, and you will see whether your bet(s) won or lost.
These are the very basics of the online game. Simple, straightforward, and fun. The video below gives a little more insight on how to play online roulette.
Understanding online roulette rules
Before choosing a title, learn the rules involved in roulette gameplay to improve your winning odds. These rules are simple to understand, so you should get up to speed after a few trials. Below are some common rules of the game.
- It usually features a wheel with red and black slots marked from 1 to 36.
- The wheel might have one or two green zero slots depending on the variation (European or American). American Roulette boasts a distinct wheel with 0 and 00 slots, which increases its house edge and slightly diminishes the winning probabilities for the player.
- You can also place bets on specific numbers.
- The French version adopts two unique rules, la partage and en prison, that apply to even money bets.
- The winning number is where the ball lands after the wheel stops spinning.
- You receive a payout for wagering on the winning number or a group of numbers containing it.
Roulette bets and payouts
In roulette, there are two main betting options: inside and outside bets. The difference depends on the part of the table where you place your wager. While the inner table sections represent inside bets, the outer edges are for outside bets. Understanding these betting options and their corresponding payouts will help you craft a strategy that limits risk and maximizes rewards.
Below is a visualization of inside bets in blue and outside bets in red.
These are wagers made on the inside of the table involving a single number or number group. Inside bets are for players who do not mind risk. Such bets offer huge payouts but are much less likely to hit than outside bets. Here are common examples of inside bets in roulette.
|American roulette odds
|European roulette odds
|A single number
|Line between two adjacent numbers
|A row of three numbers
|Group of four numbers forming a square on the table
|0, 1, 2 and 3
|Two adjacent rows that cover a total of six numbers
Meanwhile, outside bets concern the outer edges of the roulette table. Although these bets boast higher winning probabilities than inside bets, the payouts are lower. Some popular outside bets and their payout information include the following.
|American roulette odds
|European roulette odds
|An entire column of numbers
|Twelve consecutive numbers
|Odd or even
|Odd or even
|High or low
|19-36 or 1-18
|Red of black
|Red or black
Roulette wheel explained
The wheel is a key component of online roulette gameplay. It features slots where the ball can land numbered from 0 (or 00) to 36. These slots are colored red and black alternately, except for the solitary or double, which is green. The wheel is split into two main sections: the inner bowl and the outer rim. The ball starts spinning from the outer rim and moves across pockets that display a random order of numbers. The inner bowl is slightly slanted, ensuring the ball continues in a circular motion until it lands in one of the slots. The unpredictability of where the ball will rest after the wheel stops makes roulette a highly entertaining option for Michigan players.
Beyond its basic structure, the wheel boasts unique features. The numbers are meticulously arranged to create a balanced combination of high/low, odd/even, and red/black number groups. Each number corresponds to a distinct betting option during the game.
Differences between online and in-person roulette
Online roulette is mostly the same as in-person roulette, though there are a few key differences.
Most notably, online roulette games use random number generators to control spins. That is different from playing roulette in person, where a real-life dealer spins the wheel, and gravity does the rest. That said, if you go with a live dealer online option, the experience is more similar to being at a casino.
You can also typically get more real-time data and information when playing online roulette than in person. For example, at many online casinos you can save favorite bets and view statistics, hot and cold numbers, and more.
And of course, there is a difference in experiencing roulette online versus at a physical casino. In-person roulette tends to be a very fun social experience, which you’re likely not getting when playing online.
Live dealer roulette rules
Dealers play an integral role in roulette, which is also true of live dealer roulette. In live dealer games, the random number generators go out the window. Instead, live dealers in remote gaming studios (streaming the action to you) initiate bets, drop the ball, and spin the wheel. Below are some rules that the dealers must follow.
- They initiate the rounds and prompt players to wager.
- The dealer releases the virtual ball onto the spinning wheel.
- They declare “no more bets” to signal the end of the betting period.
- Roulette dealers must announce the winning number and color after the ball rests.
- They clear all losing bets, while the winning ones remain on the layout to receive automatic payouts.
- They can communicate with players through a chat feature in the live dealer variations.
- Dealers invite players to place new bets for the next round.
Playing live dealer roulette is as close as you are going to get to playing at a real casino in person.
Online roulette tips
Once you know the basics, there are some additional tips to keep in mind to help you have a more enjoyable experience.
- You must understand the roulette version’s rules before betting.
- Play the European or French versions, as their house edge is lower than that of American roulette.
- Create a budget for your sessions and stick to it to avoid chasing losses.
- Place a combination of inside and outside bets to ensure a balanced approach.
- Try betting strategies, such as the Martingale and Fibonacci, to organize your wagering.
- Claim casino bonuses and promotions to boost your bankroll and increase your playing time.
The most important tip, however, is always to play within your budget and have fun.
Michigan online roulette practice
Before placing roulette bets it can be helpful to practice. There are typically free demo versions that you can play at legalized online casinos.
Once you are ready for real money wagers, sign up and play at these top roulette gambling sites:
How to play live dealer roulette online
If you wish to enjoy the thrill of playing traditional roulette from the comfort of your home, opt for live dealer games. These titles use advanced streaming technology, allowing you to play against a dealer in real time via smartphones and desktops. After signing up and funding your account, navigate to the live casino section to choose a variation matching your preferred betting limits. Once you join the table, the dealer welcomes you via a live video stream from the provider’s studio in a realistic casino setting.
Live roulette games are controlled by roulette dealers who announce when to place bets, call for “no more bets,” and communicate via the comment section or a chat feature. Choose your desired chip values and place them on the corresponding betting area to make a wager. Afterward, the dealer spins the wheel, drops the ball, and announces the winning number and color when it rests in a pocket. Payouts are automatically credited to your account for winning bets. The croupier signals the next round by inviting players to place new stakes.
Ready to play online roulette in Michigan?
You will hardly find a game more popular than roulette at online casinos. It comes in diverse variations with exciting mechanics and unique rules to heighten the experience. Though roulette is a game of chance, adopting strategies is essential to enjoying a profitable adventure. To access a table, sign up at a legal casino, deposit, and select your preferred option. Voila! You are ready to play.