Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel is one of the nearly two dozen tribal casinos in Michigan. It is owned and operated by the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan.
The casino hosts more than 800 slot machines. However, thanks to a 2019 expansion, the property now has enough space to install up to 400 more games onsite.
The property also features a 148-room five-story hotel, a hospitality suite, and three restaurants. With the recent expansion and the news that sports betting is in the plan for the casino, it’s safe to say that things are looking up for Saganing Eagles Landing. Here’s a guide for those who are thinking about a journey to Standish.
Casino players have to be 18 and over at Saganing Eagles.
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel
- Address: 2690 Worth Road, Standish, MI 48658
- Owner/operator: Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe of Michigan
- Hours: 24 hours, seven days a week
- Casino games: Slots, virtual table games, bingo
- Sportsbook: 20 betting kiosks planned for mid-January
- Poker: Not available
- Age: 18 and over
Michigan Casinos in the news
Saganing Eagles Landing online partnerships
Michigan jumped into online gambling with both feet when it legalized online casinos, online poker, and both retail and online sports betting in late 2019. Some of Michigan’s casinos have been more forthcoming about their plans than others, but we do know that some manner of online presence is in the works for Saganing Eagles Landing.
So far, casino officials have indicated that they are planning to place 20 sports betting kiosks at the Standish location for in-person wagering. The report also mentioned that legal sports betting online would be part of the plans for those unable to travel to the physical property.
An announcement from sister property Soaring Eagle Casino Resort in Mount Pleasant indicated that retail sports betting would open their in mid-January. There’s also a sports betting operation planned for Saganing Eagles Landing with sports betting kiosks in the Creekside Lounge.
The Soaring Eagle announcement also said a sports betting operation and online casino partnership would be detailed soon.
The Michigan launch of online gambling is expected soon, perhaps by December 2020.
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel
The Saganing Eagles Landing Casino is a modest venue that caters mostly to slot players. The original floor plan had room for just over 800 machines and players, but recent expansion has added space for another 400 slots.
The expansion also included a high-limit gaming area and a VIP lounge. So, there is a wider selection of limits and options from which players can choose.
Within the slot machines, there are standard slot titles from many different developers. There are also video poker opportunities and some limited virtual table games offering the chance to play blackjack and roulette games in Michigan.
Each week, Saganing Eagles Landing has several promotions running as a way to reward patrons for their loyalty. Most of them offer the promise of earning $100 in Premium Play for either frequent or lucky players. However, at least one promotion at Saganing Eagles bears the possibility of a six-digit win. Here are the promotions:
- Pearl Drop: On Fridays and Saturdays, two players each hour will receive a chance to win $100,000 in cash. The promotion will be in effect from 6 to 11 p.m. on the days listed.
- Hump Day Free Play: Grinding on Wednesdays can be worth big bucks. You can earn up to $25 for your play on “hump day” according to the following schedule:
- 300 points = $5 in premium play
- 800 points = $10 in premium play
- 1600 points = $25 in premium play
- In addition to the monies earned, players can also take part in the Hot Seat Drawing each hour between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. The selected player will receive a stuffed camel with a voucher for up to $100 in Premium Play.
- Make It Rain Mondays: The Hot Seat promotion will also be in effect on the first day of the week. One lucky patron will win $100 in Premium Play every hour between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m.
- Weekend Winnings: Each Sunday, 25 randomly chosen players will receive Premium Play prizes between $5 and $100 in value.
- Payout Party: If you’ve already won a jackpot at Saganing Eagles Landing or any other casino in the last 30 days, you can add to your winnings by bringing your tax form to SELC. Anyone who brings a W-2C with a jackpot win in the last month can enter a special drawing for an extra cash prize.
- Bonus Play Payday: On select days, qualifying members of the Access Loyalty Club can receive Premium Play between 8 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. The bonus is only good for that day, though, so make sure to use it well.
- Last But Not Least Thursday: On one selected day, visit promotional kiosks every time you earn 100 points from your play. Each visit is worth an entry into a drawing for a $750 cash prize.
Access Loyalty Club
The Access Loyalty Club is the loyalty program operated by the Saginaw Chippewa to reward loyal customers at their two casino locations and their waterpark. Customers can earn points for their time spent at Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort, the Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel, and Soaring Eagle Waterpark & Hotel. The card also extends to the Waabooz Run Golf Course and Hideaway RV Park that is part of the waterpark venue.
Points are awarded based upon the dollar amount that each customer spends and the activity upon which they spend their money. For every dollar that a customer spends, he or she will earn points according to the following schedule:
- Bingo – 20 points
- Hotel room or RV space – 10 points
- Slot machine – 2 points
- Video poker – 1 point
- All other activities – 4 points
For every 1,000 points that the player acquires, they can convert into a single rewards dollar. This cash is usable on slots, casino table games, and bingo. However, table game conversions must occur in $5 increments.
For every 500 points, the player can convert into a Rewards dollar for use on other activities. Possible uses for these Rewards dollars include dining, shows, concert tickets, hotel stays, and the spa.
Saganing Eagles sportsbook
First and foremost, the casino does not have a sportsbook on property yet. We will update this section as things become clearer, but we want to make that clear so that nobody goes out of their way or gets lost looking for it onsite.
However, sports betting is certainly coming to the property in Standish. Mike Bean, CEO of sister property Soaring Eagle Casino, has publicly revealed that both properties will be outfitted with 20 betting kiosks for sports betting. Soaring Eagle announced that its sportsbook would open in Ascend in mid-January 2021.
Also, the multi-million dollar expansion that SELC completed in 2019 included a sports bar as one of the new amenities. Creekside Lounge will be the spot for sports betting in Standish.
In addition, Bean said sports betting plans for the casino also include an online option. At the time of the interview announcement in October 2020, Bean expected that the two properties would debut their sports betting operations in a matter of months.
Saganing Eagles Hotel amenities
Saganing Eagles Landing took the final step into becoming a true destination resort in 2019. The property added several key features and amenities to fill out the experience for visitors to Standish.
The hotel itself is five stories tall and features 148 guest rooms. The rooms come in two varieties: standard and king suite.
Standard rooms come equipped with either a king-sized bed or two queen-sized beds. Each room features a 55” flat screen television, a drawer safe, a coffee maker, iron, and hairdryer. While the room does not come with a bathtub, there is a luxury shower available.
The king suites are a more luxurious affair and come with several key additions on top of the common amenities in the standard rooms. They also come with an additional half bathroom, living space, sleeper sofa, and mini-fridge.
Both types of rooms are available with views of beautiful Saginaw Bay. So, regardless of what your game is at Saganing Eagles Landing Casino Hotel, you can certainly rest easy there.
One of the biggest improvements to the property in 2019 came in the form of a full-service restaurant. Up until the debut of The Landing, most of the selections onsite were self-service or continental-style.
However, The Landing is now available for service during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The diverse menu hits all the traditional favorites, from chicken and waffles in the morning to a center-cut sirloin for dinner. Between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., you should be able to eat comfortably in this stylish new venue.
The Landing is not the only place to grab a bite to eat at SELC, though. The two other food service options are still very much on the table.
The first place to go is Aerie Cafe. This restaurant is designed to cater to anyone and everyone at all hours of the day.
Along with the burgers and fried chicken that you may expect, there is an entire section of the Aerie’s menu dedicated to Koegel Dogs. Although the brand’s hot dogs are no surprise, it’s nice to know where to find Polish sausage and bratwurst after a hard session on the machines.
Finally, if you’re primarily feeling thirsty, you can try the fare at the Creekside Lounge. This bar with food service offers daily happy hour deals and pub food that can hit the spot. Creekside also has several in-bar video poker machines to help you pass the time or, just maybe, pay for your drinks.
All Michigan Casinos and Sportsbooks
- Bay Mills Resort & Casinos
- FireKeepers Casino And Hotel Review
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino Michigan
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Island Resort & Casino
- Kewadin Casinos in Michigan
- Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge Review
- Little River Casino Resort
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino & Sportsbook
- MotorCity Casino Hotel & Sportsbook
- Northern Waters Casino Resort Review
- Odawa Casino Resort & Sportsbook
- Ojibwa Casinos, Marquette and Baraga
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Poker Room Review
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Review
Saganing Eagles Landing casino history
Saganing Eagles Landing Casino has been content to fly mostly under the radar for its entire history. Even its debut in 2008 was understated and came without lights, explosions, or anything outside of the new chorus of slot machine sounds.
To be clear, SELC errs far more on the side of functionality than it does glamour. The location debuted with roughly 700 slot machines, no table games, and has kept things simple ever since.
However, simplicity does not equate to a lack of popularity, and SELC has experienced anything but quiet since its launch. By 2 p.m. on opening day, the entire property was filled to the brim, and personnel was having to limit each player to a single machine.
Amazingly, contemporary reports suggest that the novelty has never really died down at the Standish location. Trip reports consistently show that spaces in the parking lot are at a premium and the interior is always busy.
What’s even more impressive is the fact that the casino spent its first nine years of life without an attached hotel or full-service restaurant. Both amenities are considered staples of most successful casinos, so SELC’s success without either feature underlies how popular the location is.
However, the venue has always been meant for bigger things, and the undying activity is likely what inspired casino management to undertake a two-year renovation project in 2017. The multimillion-dollar project pledged to add 138,000 more square feet to the existing operation.
The new areas would be used to add 400 more machines to the gaming floor and a lounge with seating for 100 guests. More importantly, SELC would finally have its dedicated hotel property and full-service restaurant.
Renovations completed in mid-2019 and the 148-room hotel opened for business. So, too, did The Landing, which serves classic American fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
With sports betting soon to land at Saganing Eagles Landing Casino, the next decade is sure to be an interesting one at the little casino by the bay.