Odawa Casino Resort & Sportsbook
Odawa Casino Resort is a Northern Michigan tribal casino and resort located near Petoskey, Michigan close to The Straits of Mackinac connecting the tips of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron.
The casino opened on June 20, 2007, replacing the Victories Casino operating in Petoskey since 2000. Like Victories Casino, Odawa Casino Resort is owned and operated by the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.
The casino resort features a relatively small 137-room hotel and 50,000 square foot gaming floor with approximately 1,000 slot machines and 35 table games. There are three restaurants and a retail outlet on the property. There is also a concert venue, lounge bar, a nightclub and a sportsbook that opened in October 2020.
In January 2020, the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority inked a deal with global online gambling giant The Stars Group (TSG), giving the company first-skin market access for all its online gambling verticals in Michigan. This includes online and mobile sports betting, online casino and online poker operations.
The Stars Group runs the Fox Bet sports betting and PokerStars poker and casino brands in the US. After licensing and regulatory approval from the Michigan Gaming Control Board, Fox Bet and PokerStars launched in Michigan on Jan. 29, 2021.
The online operation agreement between TSG and the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians runs as a separate business from the retail sportsbook operations at Odawa Casino, which is operated by USB.
Odawa Casino – Petoskey
- Address: 1760 Lears Rd, Petoskey, Michigan
- Owner: Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
- Hours: Sunday through Thursday, 9 a.m. until 2 a.m.; Friday and Saturday, 9 a.m. until 4 a.m.
- Casino Games: 1,000 slots, blackjack, craps, roulette
- Sportsbook: Opened in October 2020; powered by USB
- Poker: Tournaments and cash games (NLH)
- Legal Gambling Age: 19+
Odawa Casino – Mackinaw City
- Address:1080 S Nicolet Street, Mackinaw City, Michigan
- Owner: Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians
- Hours: Summer (March 28) – 9 a.m.-1 a.m. daily; Winter (Oct. 5) – 9 a.m. to 12 a.m. daily
- Casino Games: 240+ slots; no table games
- Sportsbook: Opened in October 2020; powered by USB
- Poker: No
- Legal Gambling Age: 21+
Online operations partnered with Little Traverse Bay Band of Ottawa Indians
- Online Sportsbook: Fox Bet Sportsbook
- Online Casino: PokerStars Online Casino
- Online Poker: PokerStars Online Poker
Michigan Casinos in the News
Turtle Creek To Start Major Hotel Renovations Sept. 6; Casino Will Remain Open Throughout
Odawa Casino Resort online gambling partnerships
The owners of the Odawa Casino Resort were among the first tribal entities to enter the Michigan online gambling market.
The casino’s owner and operator, the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority, signed a deal with global online gambling giant The Stars Group (TSG) in January 2020 to ensure this.
The Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians handed TSG first-skin market access for all its online gambling in Michigan. This includes everything from online and mobile sports betting, to an online casino, and online poker room.
Of course, TSG runs the Fox Bet sports betting brand in addition to the PokerStars poker and casino brands in other states across the US.
The online operations launched on Jan. 29, 2021, which included PokerStars as the first online poker brand in the state.
The casino at Odawa Casino Resort
The 50,000-square-foot casino at Odawa Casino Resort is open until 2 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and until 4 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. It features close to 1,000 slots and video poker games, 35 table games, and a poker room open Thursday through Sunday.
That means a good selection of slots, the most popular table games on the market, and live poker action on weekends.
The casino at Odawa Casino Resort runs a variety of promotions, including:
- Free Roll Blackjack Tournaments offering a share of $1,200 each week.
- Weekly and monthly No-Limit Texas Hold ‘Em Poker Tournaments.
- Slap Shot Hot Seats watch & win parties for Detroit Red Wings hockey games ame in February.
- Truckin’ In The Cash cash drawings with a 2020 GMC Canyon as top prize.
- Slot Tournament Tuesdays offering up to $150 cash.
- Pure Rewards – Elite Tier Days with an Elite Kiosk Game.
- Pure Rewards – Premier Tier Days offering 3X points.
- Pure Rewards – Preferred Tier Days offering 2X points.
- Super Seniors Day where guests ages 50+ earn 3X points all day.
- Veteran’s Appreciation Day offering all Veterans and Active Duty Personnel $10 in Free Slot Play and $10 in Food.
Odawa Casino Resort delivers Vegas-style slot games through nearly 1,000 slots on the property. You’ll find everything from penny slots and classic reels to video poker machines. There’s even a High Limit Room, offering $5, $10, $25, and $100 machines. Plus, $1 games with 9 lines and a $45 max bet.
The hottest slot titles on the property currently include:
- Cash’m If You Can
- Run With the Pack
- Jackpot Party Ultimate Party Spin
- Double Blessings
- Ultimate Fire Link
- Kronos Unleashed
- Mayan Chief Great Stack
- Dragon Spin
- Monopoly Hot Shot
- Wonder Woman Golden Lasso
- Willy Wonka World of Wonka
- Penn & Teller
- Dragon Emblem Jackpots
Odawa Casino Resort continues to deliver on the “Sin City” experience with 35 table games. That means classic casino games and the newest innovations in casino gaming are all here. Odawa Casino Resort is a casino gaming hotspot where you can roll of the dice, spin the wheel, and find Lady Luck on the following list of table games:
- Bonus Spin Blackjack
- Three Card Poker 6 Card Bonus
- Let it Ride
- I-Table Roulette
- Double Deck Blackjack
- Ultimate Texas Hold ‘Em
Pure Rewards loyalty program
Pure Rewards is the Odawa Casino player loyalty program. Pure Rewards cards are accepted at the Odawa Casino Petoskey and Mackinaw locations.
Members earn and redeem points with the card and enjoy benefits including:
- Free slot play
- Cash back
- Food discounts
- Free hotel stays
Members earn one point for every $2 played at slots and $8 played at video poker. Table games earnings are based on average bet and length of play.
Pure Rewards features four tiers offering increased benefits and earnings power. Earn 50,000 points to jump to the top tier Elite card for the best available comps and rewards.
Pure Rewards benefits also include:
- Increasing retail, dining, hotel, and concert ticket discounts
- Elite Lounge access
- Hotel room upgrades
- Preferred parking
- Redeem points for cash
Odawa Casino Resort sportsbook
Odawa Casino Resort is a local destination for watching sporting events on TV. It regularly hosts Slap Shot Hot Seats watch & win parties for Detroit Red Wings hockey games with prizes for table game players.
The moment it became clear Michigan legislators would not stand in the way of tribal casinos offering retail sports betting, Odawa Casino Resort announced it would be remodeling its O-Zone nightclub into the Victories Sports and Entertainment sportsbook and sports bar. The remodel began on Jan. 7, 2020, and opened that October.
The sportsbook, which is operated by USB, looks like a high-end sports betting lounge fitted with big screen TVs, bar and lounge-style seating, and betting windows.
Odawa Casino doesn’t expect to turn a huge profit from retail sports betting. However, the organization is excited about the atmosphere that it can create around big games and the chance to provide another amenity for its customers.
Odawa Casino Resort poker room
Odawa Casino Resort is home to a four-table poker room that offers a Bad Beat Progressive Jackpot and Texas Hold ’em cash games and tournaments. The poker room is only open Thursday through Sunday.
The weekly tournament schedule includes the $50 Sunday Classic and $30 Thursday Re-Buy. Plus, monthly Saturday tournaments with larger buy ins. Cash games run around the tournament schedule Thursday through Sunday and on Saturdays beginning at 4 p.m.
Odawa Casino Resort amenities
The Odawa Hotel
Odawa Casino Resort launched the 137-room Odawa Hotel in 2007. Renovations were completed in 2014 and the hotel is now an AAA Triple Diamond property.
The Odawa Hotel now includes 127 guest rooms, 10 luxury suites, and an indoor pool and hot tub. Plus, there are multiple conference rooms, room service, a delicatessen, and a bar on the property.
The hotel is three minutes away from the casino along Hwy 131 and free shuttle service is provided. Hotel guests also enjoy complimentary breakfast.
The Odawa Hotel offers packages that include everything from rooms to dining credit, free play, and access to many of the outdoor excursions Northern Michigan is famous for.
Dining and entertainment
The Odawa Casino Resort offers a small variety of dining options from quick bites to gourmet meals. Restaurants on the property include:
- Sage: Gourmet dining in a stylish, intimate setting. Northern Michigan’s finest restaurant.
- Waas-No-Dé Buffet: Waas-No-Dé means Northern Lights in the Odawa language. The Waas-No-Dé Buffet features a spread of more than 100 dishes
- Copper Café: Early morning to late night cafe dining just steps from the gaming floor.
The Odawa Casino Resort is also Northern Michigan’s entertainment hub.
The O Zone nightclub is being converted into a sports betting lounge. However the Rendezvous Lounge still puts you in the center of the action with cocktails, wine and beer flowing and bar-top video poker games available.
Plus, the 900-seat performance space inside Ovation Hall regularly hosts famous entertainers. The B-52s, The Temptations, Joan Jett, and The Oak Ridge Boys to name just a few have all played there.
All Michigan Casinos and Sportsbooks
- Bay Mills Resort & Casino
- FireKeepers Casino And Hotel Review
- Four Winds Casino New Buffalo
- Gun Lake Casino Michigan
- Hollywood Casino at Greektown
- Island Resort & Casino
- Kewadin Casinos in Michigan
- Leelanau Sands Casino & Lodge Review
- Little River Casino Resort
- MGM Grand Detroit Casino & Sportsbook
- MotorCity Casino Hotel & Sportsbook
- Northern Waters Casino Resort Review
- Ojibwa Casinos, Marquette and Baraga
- Saganing Eagles Landing Casino & Hotel
- Soaring Eagle Casino & Resort Poker Room Review
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel Review
Odawa Casino Resort history
The Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians converted a bowling alley and restaurant on U.S. 131 in Bear Creek Township into the Victories Casino in 2000.
The Tribe soon outgrew the property and built the $120 million Odawa Casino Resort on nearby Lears Road to replace it. The brand new casino and hotel opened on June 20, 2007. Victories Casino was shut down and plans were made to demolish the property in 2013.
The new facility spans close to 300,000 square feet, including a 50,000 square foot gaming floor with nearly 1,000 slots and 35 table games. The Odawa Hotel on the property was renovated in 2014 and now features 127 guest rooms, 10 luxury suites, and an indoor pool and hot tub.
The Tribe began converting the O-Zone nightclub on the property into the Victories Sports and Entertainment sports betting lounge in January 2020. It opened in October.
The Tribe’s Gaming Authority also inked a deal with The Stars Group (TSG), a Flutter Entertainment company, giving it first-skin market access for all its online gambling verticals in Michigan, including online and mobile sports betting, online casino, and online poker.
A full suite of online gambling sites and apps launched on Jan. 29, 2021, which included PokerStars as among the first online gambling brands in Michigan.