PokerStars Casino Michigan Bonus Code & Review
Being huge poker fans, Michiganders have surely heard of PokerStars, the world’s largest online poker room. But did you know that the company behind PokerStars also runs a first-class online casino in Michigan? It’s big, and it has found its way to the Wolverine State. Sign up to PokerStars Casino now and choose between two excellent offers. Either get $100 in bonus play after a $1 bet or get a 100% deposit match up to $600. No PokerStars Casino Michigan promo code is needed. Just click “My Rewards” and then “Challenges” after you sign up to select your offer.
Owned by the Canadian-based company TSG, which is now part of Flutter Entertainment, PokerStars Casino ticks all the right boxes, from the bonus department to the game portfolio — and everything in between.
As a PokerStars member, you’ll gain access to a fantastic gambling package. The operator offers a wide range of slots and table games supplied by the industry’s leading software producers. You’ll find the latest and the most innovative releases by companies like NextGen. Even if you’re away from home and your PC, you’ll still be able to explore all the perks that await at PokerStars casino. By downloading the casino’s standalone iOS and Android apps, you can carry all the fun with you, in your pocket.
If you’re still hesitant about giving PokerStars a shot, keep reading our review below for a more in-depth look at the online casino.
PokerStars Casino bonus in Michigan
PokerStars Online Casino offers a quality welcome bonus to new player, no matter what you choose. Simply sign up for your PokerStars Michigan casino account, choose your offer, and make your first deposit. If you choose the bonus play, it will be unlocked after you place a $1 bet on any game. Otherwise, PokerStars will match that deposit at a rate of 100% for a maximum of $600.
There are a few terms and conditions to keep in mind:
- You must opt-in to the deposit match offer. You’ll find it in the ‘Challenges’ section under ‘My Rewards’ in the casino app.
- If you choose bonus play, it is released over 5 days and takes a variety of forms (Instant Bonus, bonus spins, and poker tournament tickets).
- If you choose the deposit match, you must clear your bonus funds before the bonus and any winnings into cash that can be withdrawn. You earn 2 redemption points per $1 of bonus awarded, and any uncleared bonus expires after seven days.
- Unlike many online casinos, no PokerStars Casino bonus code is required to activate the welcome offer.
PokerStars Casino Michigan bonus code 2023
You do not need to enter a PokerStars Michigan code to claim the welcome bonus. However, you must opt-in to whichever offer you choose.
|Online Casino||PokerStars Casino Michigan|
|PokerStars Bonus Code||Click to claim promo|
|Welcome Bonus Option 1||Bet $1, Get $100 in bonus play|
|Welcome Bonus Option 2||100% deposit match up to $600|
|Last Updated||September 2023|
PokerStars loyalty program
PokerStars players have a roadmap to treasure in the platform’s loyalty program. When you play real money games on PokerStars, you will get points that count toward your progress bar. You can check your progress at any time and once you fill that lovely green beauty, you win a chest that is jam-packed with excellent rewards based on your playing preferences.
This reward system means you can score anything from bonus credits to StarsCoins and plenty of mystery prizes, depending on what you enjoy playing most!
StarCoins are worth approximately 1 cent, usable as currency at that PokerStars online store, where you can score PokerStars merch, clothing, and accessories.
However, if you are more in it to win it, you can exchange StarCoins for online poker tournament tickets or VIP cash rebates.
So, what kind of chests are available?
There are six ascending levels of chests available through the PokerStars Loyalty Program with varying value ranges. The total value you receive within that range is based on chance and you won’t know until you open it:
- Blue Chest: 60 cents
- Bronze Chest: 50 cents to $12
- Silver Chest: $1.50 to $30
- Gold Chest: $5 to $100
- Diamond Chest: $12 to $250
- Black Chest: $35 to $700
Your play style determines the level of chests you can receive, and your play style quantifies by the RTP (Return to Player) percentage on the games you play.
Additionally, online slots will receive a higher reward rate than table games. Players must earn at least one chest in the next 28 days to maintain their current chest level; otherwise, they will drop one level.
To earn the next level of chests, you need to win ten chests within 28 days.
PokerStars Casino Michigan app review
The PokerStars Casino apps for iOS and Android users are faithful copies of the original desktop site. Most of the features from the main site are successfully integrated into the apps.
The process for downloading and installing the app is as follows. If you are Android, you may have to allow installations from unknown sources in your device’s settings:
- Head to the PokerStars casino homepage.
- Scroll all the way down to the section called Play on Mobile.
- Tap the green download image.
- Install the app on your device (shouldn’t take more than a few minutes).
- Good luck!
PokerStars’ Android and iPhone apps are not the best of their kind in the market, at least not right now. The game selection is fairly limited, especially when compared to other online casino apps available in Michigan. Still, the apps excel in other areas, like functionality and user experience, making them a good choice for gamblers of all preferences.
Best features at the PokerStars Michigan casino
Going more in-depth, the PokerStars app’s strong points include the following:
- Intuitive UI: New players usually have a hard time going through and understanding a casino app initially, but that won’t necessarily be the case with the PokerStars app. The development team has put together a simple and clean interface, creating an easy way for users to find what they are looking for. The home screen displays all the information you need to get started, including links to the cashier and the game library. You can start playing your favorite games or claim bonuses with a few taps of the screen.
- Clean gameplay: PokerStars Casino passed our performance tests with flying colors. The mobile platform was free of glitches, so you likely won’t have to worry about experiencing freezes in the middle of your gambling session. If you don’t believe us, you can try out a couple of hands in the free play mode and see for yourself.
- Lots of funding options: You won’t struggle to find an acceptable means of funding your account. In the cashier section, which is easily accessible from the home screen, you’ll find a great range of payment options from well-known providers like MasterCard, PayPal, and bank transfers.
- A number of personalized features: The app supports most of the content and features available on the desktop version of the casino. Users can claim promotions, play games, and even do more mundane things, like contact customer support. On top of all this, the app comes with a couple of handy features, specifically designed for mobile users. For instance, biometric authentication has been added for iOS devices, allowing users to log in via facial recognition and thumbprint.
Instant Play / No Download Option
PokerStars Casino stands out with its color scheme and appealing design. The site is sleek and easy to navigate with neat categorization. All the relevant categories are transparently displayed, allowing users to rapidly navigate between promotions, games, and registration sections. The one thing that we found missing is the filter by software provider option in the game library. The operator does, however, offer a search tool, which will allow you to track down your favorite game by its name.
Desktop users can choose to browse the content via the instant-play mode without having to download anything, or through the downloadable client.
The site runs on PokerStars’ proprietary software platform, which has proven successful in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. This is the same PokerStars 7 software the operator uses overseas for its online poker offering. Some players have reported experiencing occasional crashes while playing, but we didn’t come across such issues while testing the platform. Maybe these players forgot to update the software, which is mandatory to ensure your connection remains stable and that all the features work smoothly.
*Please note, you will need to download the PokerStars mobile casino app to play real money games. The live site is only available for demo mode.
Games you will find on the PokerStars casino app
PokerStars Casino showcases a versatile collection of games. Admittedly, it pales a bit in comparison to some other casino sites available in Michigan in terms of size. All the fan-favorite casino classics are on board, though, so you probably won’t even notice anything missing.
In total, there are approximately 100 titles available. You’ll find different variations of the popular genres including classic slots, video slots, progressives, blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker. PokerStars Casino offers some of the finest releases in the casino world through partnerships with several well-known software providers such as IGT, NextGen, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, and a couple more.
After accessing the portfolio of games, players can use the search tool to locate a particular game by its name. Filtering the games by software providers or paylines is not an option here, which is rather disappointing. You should be able to find what you’re looking for with ease nonetheless due to a well-organized layout.
Slots at PokerStars.com
Unsurprisingly, online slot games form the biggest contribution to PokerStars’ repertoire of games. The casino’s slots have various mechanics for triggering features, from Megaways Slots to cluster wins, and slots with avalanche/cascading payouts. You’ll find games of all types covering a variety of themes with different styles, characters, layouts, and payouts. If you like jackpot slots, PokerStars offers a huge variety of progressive slots with prize pools in excess of $100,000.
- Big Buffalo: Big Buffalo has the revolutionary 4,096-ways-to-win mechanic, which gives players additional possibilities of winning with each spin. What’s more, this wildlife-themed game is packed with extra spins and multipliers, offering a large payout potential. You can play the Big Buffalo slot with stakes between $0.40 and $320 per spin, to suit both casual players and high rollers.
- King Kong Cash: Blueprint Gaming has outdone itself with King Kong. The game offers a pretty modest payout potential of 1,000x the stake, but it can deliver some beastly entertainment through its unique bonus concept. There are eight modifier extras, each bringing a different set of perks to the reels. All of this, combined with superbly drawn imagery and intense soundtrack, makes King Kong Cash a hit you shouldn’t miss out on when playing at PokerStars casino.
- Dragon’s Luck: Created by Red Tiger Gaming, this online slot is a feast for the senses for fans of Asian-themed slots. It has no scatters, wilds or bonus games whatsoever, but comes with a range of base game mini-features that can pay out big time. The four base game features are triggered randomly across the 5×3 grid. A full screen of 138 Mega Fortune symbols can create a bumper payout of 1,380x your stake. Overall, it’s a beautifully designed game with simple mechanics and a couple of cool elements.
- Napoleon: Rise of an Empire: This is is yet another blockbuster by Blueprint Gaming available. This five-reel, 20-payline slot isn’t feature-packed like most other titles from the Malta-based provider. However, what the game lacks in features, compensates for in payout potential. Land five wilds on a payline, and you’ll bag a whopping win of 5,000x your stake. A small warning though — the game is highly volatile, so if you’re playing on a budget, Napoleon: Rise of an Empire might not be an ideal choice.
- Dead or Alive 2: The sequel to NetEnt’s Dead or Alive slot. A follow-up to the original release from 2009, Dead or Alive 2 lives up to its predecessor’s reputation, and then some. Featuring cutting-edge graphics, ultra-high-volatility and an RTP of 96.82%, the game is an absolute sensation. Did we mention the possibility of winning up to 111,111x your stake from a single bonus round?
What about table games?
No worries — there are plenty of those in stock, too. PokerStars’ selection of real money table games includes both vintage classics and unique variations with lots of cool features and side bets.
If you’re a roulette player, you’ll probably love it here. The casino has a couple of variations of online roulette on offer, including European roulette, which comes with a more favorable house edge than its American counterpart. The reason for this is the single-zero layout, which cuts down the house edge all the way to 2.63%. Despite the apparent house edge advantage European roulette has over its US sibling, it carries an identical payout for straight-up or single-number bets — 35 to 1.
To win big, sometimes you have to take big risks. In that regard, High Roller blackjack might be just what the doctor has ordered. The game follows the same rules as the classic version, and the only difference between High Roller blackjack and other blackjacks is that the betting limits are sky-high.
If you’re looking for a straightforward yet exciting casino game, baccarat could be your go-to pick. PokerStars Casino has only one baccarat table on offer, at least when it comes to its RNG table games selection. Our advice — take the safe road and always bet on the banker. With a 1.06% house edge on the banker’s hand, baccarat has one of the lowest house edges out there. In case you forgot, a lower house edge means a higher chance of winning!
PokerStars Casino also boasts a great live dealer lobby with a couple of in-house titles in addition to several Evolution Gaming releases. Unfortunately, it will not be available in Michigan immediately after launch. We’ll keep you posted on any updates.
From the Las Vegas Strip to Atlantic City, video poker games have always enjoyed immense popularity among gamblers. At PokerStars, you can try timeless classics like Deuces Wild, Jacks or Better, and Double Bonus Poker. Aces & Faces might be a noteworthy alternative with enhanced payouts for four-of-a-kind combinations in jacks, queens, kings and aces.
Free play vs. real money casino games
It’s pretty common for a first-class online casino to give its users a chance to try out the games in free mode, and PokerStars Casino in Michigan seems to fit in this category. After registering, go to the games lobby, where you can choose to either play the game in demo or real money mode.
Playing in demo mode gives you a chance to learn the ropes without harming your budget. You’re welcome to play the games for free for as long as you wish. And once you’re up for it, you can switch to real money mode hassle-free.
PokerStars Casino online banking options
PokerStars Casino in Michigan features a number of ways to get money on and off the site. There is a $10 minimum deposit. And remember when you sign up with PokerStars Michigan your first deposit is matched 100% for up to $600. Here are the accepted deposit methods at PokerStars Michigan:
- MasterCard/Visa credit/debit
- PayNearMe (Family Dollar, CVS, 7-Eleven)
- Cash at Odawa casino cages (to be confirmed)
- Instant e-check
- PokerStars Play+ Card
Withdrawals are generally available using the same method of deposit, though not always. Check by mail is available as well.
PokerStars Casino customer support
PokerStars Casino is among the market leaders when it comes to customer service, offering access to dedicated customer support professionals by phone via callback using the Open Contact Support Form found under the client’s “Support” tab.
Phone support is available from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily. Callback requests outside these hours are responded to by email.
Response times are generally fast, but may take some time to get to the proper department. You can also navigate your way to a Frequently Asked Questions section on the platform through the “Help” tab.
Is PokerStars Casino legal in Michigan?
Gov. Gretchen Whitmer gave the green light for Michigan online gambling. Per the Lawful Internet Gaming Act, applicants are required to partner with one of the 26 land-based casinos in Michigan.
PokerStars has secured market access in Michigan by inking the deal with Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority back in January 2020. The tribe owns several casino properties in Michigan, including Odawa Casino Petoskey and Odawa Casino Mackinaw.
So yes, Michigan-based residents can legally play in PokerStars casino whether it be for free or real money, provided that they’re of legal age (21+) and playing within the state’s borders. Keep in mind, though, that if you’re working in a casino or any other line of work that could potentially affect the outcome of the games, you’re likely going to be denied access to PokerStars and other casino sites. Otherwise, you’re good to go.
Background on PokerStars Casino
PokerStars is the world’s largest online poker operator. In the US, PokerStars online poker and PokerStars Casino online casino operations run in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
A joint venture between US broadcaster Fox and PokerStars’ parent company TSG, FoxBet branded online and mobile sports betting operations also run in NJ and PA. FoxBet is essentially a rebrand of TSG’s online sportsbook brand, BetStars. The big difference is FoxBet leverages the Fox pedigree and TSG’s online gambling expertise.
More information on FoxBet can be found on our FoxBet Michigan review page.
The Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians built the Odawa Casino Resort near Petoskey, Michigan, in 2007 to replace the aging Victories Casino that had run nearby since 2000.
The casino resort features a relatively small 137-room hotel and a 50,000-square-foot gaming floor with close to 1,000 slots and 35 table games. There are three restaurants and a retail outlet on the property. Plus, a concert venue, lounge bar and a nightclub that is being converted into Victories Sports and Entertainment sportsbook and sports bar and set to reopen in May 2020.
In January 2020, the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians Gaming Authority signed a deal with global online gambling giant The Stars Group, giving TSG first-skin market access for all its online gambling verticals in Michigan. This includes online casino, online poker, and online and mobile sports betting.
TSG runs the FoxBet sports betting, PokerStars poker and PokerStars Casino online casino brands in the US. Pending licensing and regulatory approval from the Michigan Gaming Control Board, FoxBet, PokerStars poker and PokerStars Casino will be coming to Michigan under the Odawa Casino Resort banner in 2021.
With around 50 online casino games, PokerStars Casino is really more of an addition to the PokerStars online poker client than a standalone online casino product. Regardless, it will launch legal online casino gaming in the state of Michigan as soon as it can, sometime in 2021.