Penn National Gaming has teamed up with media company Barstool to create a brand-new sportsbook in Michigan. The pair hit the news when Penn acquired 36% of the controversial brand and announced it would launch a Barstool Sportsbook in late 2020. Creators of the product plan to cover all the popular sporting leagues you’d expect, as well as a few hidden gems.
This review will cover everything expected from Barstool upon launch later in the year, including the sportsbook’s matching mobile app. We’ll also explain how to sign up to the site, as well as how to receive the sportsbook’s welcome bonus code when it goes live.
Barstool Sportsbook Michigan bonus
As this is a brand-new sportsbook, we can currently only speculate on potential bonus offers and codes for new players. From the looks of other Penn products, however, we can expect to see free bets and a match deposit offer from the brand.
If we look at Penn-owned Draftkings Sportsbook, the brand is currently offering all new users a risk-free bet up to $500 and a 20% deposit match offer up to $500. It’s likely Barstool will offer Michigan users something similar. When the sportsbook goes live, we’ll be able to give more information on its promotions.
Barstool bonus code 2021
|Online Sportsbook||Barstool Sportsbook Michigan|
|Welcome Bonus Code||TBD|
|Deposit Match Bonus||TBD|
|Last Updated||January 2021|
Signing up for a Barstool Michigan account
Here are our steps on how to get signed up to Barstool’s new sportsbook quickly. Follow our unique links to make sure you get your hands on all available offers.
- Click on our Barstool Michigan link to go straight through to the online sportsbook. This will make sure you qualify for the site’s welcome offer.
- Click to create an account at the top of the page.
- Enter your name, the last four digits of your SSN, phone number, email, and address as required.
- Create a secure password for your account.
- Tick to confirm whether you would like to receive promotional emails and to confirm you are over the age of 21. You must also be within Michigan state lines to use this sportsbook legally.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the site.
- Enter a bonus code if applicable.
- Wait for your account to be verified using your SSN and location, then sign in to start betting.
Other Barstool promotions and bonus offers
Barstool is offering a large number of Michigan sportsbook promotions to both new and existing players. With financial help from Penn National Gaming, the operator has been able to launch offers covering varied sports to ensure there is something to meet every taste.
Here’s a sample of what you could find when browsing Barstool Michigan’s promotions page:
- Boosted odds: The sportsbook is offering boosted odds on a rotating basis, meaning you’ll likely see your favorite sports pop up every now and then with the chance to win big.
- Soccer money back: Win up to ten times your stake by placing parlay bets on soccer games.
- Monthly deposit bonuses: Receive 10-20% deposit bonuses at certain times of the year when you use the applicable bonus code.
- NFL bonuses: Receive Monday Night Football bonuses.
To keep up to date with the sportsbook’s latest offers, make sure to check its promotions page regularly. The biggest offers will often be advertised on the site’s homepage, too.
Barstool sports betting features
Barstool has taken a classic sportsbook feel and made it into a product that’s easy to make your way around and quick to place bets.
All ongoing promotions are displayed on the homepage of the site, which can feel a little pushy, but at least you’ll never miss out on a promo. The biggest events of the day usually run alongside these offers.
You’ll also find a top navigation bar allowing you to move between your ongoing bets, live betting, your account, the help page, and more.
Scroll down to find all live games and a stats hub to help you make the most educated bets. You’ll then be able to see all the betting options available to you. This can get a little confusing at times as there’s so much going on, so make sure to take a few extra minutes to make sure you’ve placed the bets you actually wanted.
You’ll find your bet slip along the right-hand side of the page, split into single bets and parlays. This stripped-back, simple feature does make it easy to place bets, though we’d like to be given the chance to minimize it to make the most of the rest of the site.
Barstool Sportsbook app
Barstool is set to launch a mobile app alongside its desktop product, allowing users to place bets from anywhere in Michigan state lines. It gives users the chance to place bets, keep an eye on ongoing bets, and change their user settings straight from their phone, anywhere in Michigan.
Barstool’s sportsbook app has all the main functions of the desktop site. You’ll find a list of all available sports, various betting markets, and a cashier page to deposit or withdraw your cash.
You’ll be able to keep track of live games, too. Just make sure you have a decent internet connection and you’ll be good to go on that front.
Overall, the app is easy on the eye, simple to navigate, and pretty well designed for easy betting. If you’re always forgetting to place your bets at home, then this app is a great alternative. It’s available for both iOS and Android users.
How to download the Barstool app on iPhone/iPad
It’s generally very easy to download sportsbook apps onto your iPhone or iPad. Simply make sure your device is up to date on software, then follow our steps.
- Load our Barstool MI review on your Apple device then click on our link to head through to the sportsbook.
- Click to create an account if you haven’t already, and fill in all the necessary info.
- Scroll down the site to find the iOS button. Click on it to be redirected to the App Store.
- Download and install the app straight from the App Store.
- Launch the Barstool Sportsbook app and log in to start betting.
How to download the Barstool Android app
Android users know it can sometimes be a little more difficult to find gambling apps. The Google Play Store doesn’t list them, so you’ll need to download the Barstool app directly from the sportsbook site. Here’s how.
- Load our sportsbook review and click on our Barstool MI link to be redirected to the site.
- Click to create an account if you haven’t already, or log in.
- Scroll to find the Android download button. Click on it to start the download onto your device.
- Head to the security section of your device’s settings. In here, click to allow installs from unknown sources. You’ll need to do this as the app isn’t coming from the Google Play Store.
- Once the app has downloaded, pull down your notification bar and click on the file to install it onto your device.
- You may receive a security warning. You can close this. The app is completely safe. Your device is warning you as the app is not from the Play Store.
- Launch the sportsbook app and sign in to start betting.
Please note that if you cannot find an iOS or Android icon, the site also displays a ‘Download the Mobile App’ banner that can be used in the same manner. This is usually found near the top of the sportsbook’s homepage.
Sports you can bet on
When a brand pairs with the likes of Penn National, you can rely on the gaming company to bring the biggest sports to the product. The sportsbook does replicate sites already out there from Penn, so we haven’t seen anything out of the ordinary just yet.
Sports available change based on the sporting year, but here’s a list of what you’ll likely find when clicking through to the Barstool sportsbook:
Barstool sports betting options
Following its cookie-cutter approach, this Michigan sportsbook does offer a large range of betting options. It’s nothing that we haven’t seen from other brands but is tailored towards users in the state. Here are the betting options you’ll be able to choose from:
You’ll find pre-game, in-game, and futures options to keep your betting varied. Most users prefer to go with the in-game, live betting option as it’s a little more exciting, and is heavily pushed on the site. You’ll also be given the chance to cash out early if you ever lose confidence in your bets.
Is Barstool sportsbook legal in Michigan?
While the Barstool brand comes with a very interesting reputation, its sportsbook with Penn Gaming is legal and fully regulated within the state of Michigan. There’s no doubt that the gaming giant’s move to acquire the company helped it to get there, as Penn owns and runs numerous online sportsbooks and casinos across the US.
Banking options at Barstool Michigan Sportsbook
Most sportsbooks offer a large range of banking options to keep every kind of customer happy, and Barstool is no different. You’ll find a range of online banking and e-wallet options to suit you, and most will be free.
Deposits are usually instant while withdrawing any possible winnings is usually where things tend to slow down. Here’s what to expect when opening the cashier:
- Online banking (ACH)
- Credit/debit card
- Prepaid Card
- Cash at the casino cage
How to deposit
Barstool makes it easy for you to get cash into your account to start spending. Deposits are usually instant, though some methods may come with additional service fees. Follow our steps to make a deposit at Barstool MI.
- Make sure your account has been verified using your SSN and location. You will not be able to make a deposit if your account has not been checked over by the Barstool verification process.
- Click on the cashier icon at the top of the page, and choose the deposit option.
- Choose your preferred deposit method (the options available are listed above) and enter your banking details.
- Enter the amount you would like to deposit (must be a minimum of $10) and click to add the funds to your account.
How to cashout
As expected, withdrawing cash from Barstool tends to be a much slower process than adding money to your account. Some methods can take up to 10 days. The fastest options, however, are almost always e-wallets. Here’s how to get your hands on any cash you may have won.
- Click on the cashier icon from the homepage and select ‘Withdraw’.
- Choose your preferred withdrawal method. Some may not be available if you haven’t made a deposit using the method in question in over six months.
- Enter the amount you would like to withdraw, and check over your banking details.
- Click the withdraw button to start the process.
Barstool customer support
Once again, this sportsbook very much mimics others out there. Its customer service is very similar to others in the state, so we don’t really have anything too interesting to report on.
You’re able to contact Barstool Sportsbook’s customer support team by phone, email, and live chat. There’s also an FAQ help page available.
We highly recommend you check the operator’s help page first. It can be accessed by clicking the ‘Help’ button at the top of the page. The FAQ doesn’t have a search bar, which is a huge letdown, but there are a few drop-down menus available to dig your teeth into.
If you don’t find the answer to your question, it’s time to contact the operator’s customer support team. Click the ‘Contact Us’ button at the bottom of the help page to start the process.
The page will automatically load an e-form to fill in and send to the team. This can be a little frustrating if you’ve already spent a while browsing the FAQ. Instead, you can choose to click the chat button at the bottom of the page. Fill in your name, email, and message, and wait for a chat operator to become available.
A contact email, phone number, and address are also given at the bottom of the contact page in case you need them.
History of Barstool Sports
Barstool Sports is a sports and pop culture brand that was founded by Dave Portnoy in 2003. It was launched as a weekly newspaper handed out to commuters in Boston but quickly grew more popular. In 2007, the brand moved online and grew a network in cities such as New York and Chicago.
Barstool is known for its controversial reputation. The brand has previously been accused of being misogynistic and ‘toxic’ to readers. Its most-read posts are centered around sports, women, and pop culture.
That’s why it came as a surprise when Penn National Gaming, a renowned brand within the gaming industry, announced it was working with Barstool.
In late January of 2020, Penn National acquired 36% of Barstool Sports Inc for approximately $163 million dollars. The agreement means Penn is now Barstool’s exclusive gaming partner for as many as 40 years.
After three years, Penn National could have acquired as much as half of Barstool Sports, increasing the overall investment by another $62 million.
The Barstool brand has already been on the rise in recent years, mostly fueled by young male sports fans, so Penn definitely aims to use that to its advantage here. It is thought that Barstool Sportsbook may launch in Pennsylvania, Colorado, and Indiana as it expands.
Final thoughts on Barstool Sportsbook
While we’re not the biggest fans of this sportsbook, it seems to be offering all the main elements users are after. Barstool Sportsbook is very much a duplicate of other Penn National Gaming products out there, and though it isn’t the worst thing in the world, it doesn’t make the product all that interesting.
If you’re new to sports betting, Barstool may just suit you perfectly. If you’re an industry expert looking for something new, we’d suggest skipping this one. We’re definitely interested to see how this venture turns out in the long run.