888 Poker Promo Code and Review
Disclaimer: 888 Poker is not online yet in Michigan. This review is speculative based on what we expect from the site, and will be updated once it goes live in-state.
Backed by the gambling goliath 888 Holdings, 888 Poker has developed a name for itself as a top destination for cash games and tournament play. And great news for us Michiganders — it is launching soon in the Great Lake State! If you are within the state borders of Michigan, you will shortly be able to hit the (virtual) felt and try out 888’s software.
Best of all, 888 Poker offers one of the most generous welcome bonuses in the industry. First, you’ll get $20 free just for registering a new account — no deposit required. And if you choose to make a real money deposit, 888 will match that amount 100%, up to $1,500.
If you are curious about trying out one of the better internet poker sites currently operating, read on to learn more about the welcome offer as well as our review of the service that 888 provides.
- One of the largest deposit match bonus offers around.
- Unique and fun rewards program.
- Dated, but functional, software.
- Guaranteed prize pool tournament offerings.
888 Poker welcome bonus in Michigan
888 has a tempting welcome offer: up to $1,520 in bonus funds when you sign up for a new account. As you might expect, you’ll need to complete a playthrough requirement to unlock the entire bonus. But that requirement is not any more stringent than other competing poker sites. Read on for more details about how to earn both of these sign-up bonuses.
888 Poker promo code 2023
|Online Poker Room||888 Poker Michigan|
|Promo Code||None - Use Links|
|Free Bonus||$20 at sign up|
|Deposit Match Bonus||100% up to $1,500|
|Last Updated||March 2023|
888 Poker new player bonus in Michigan
$20 sign-up bonus
When you create a new account with 888 Poker, you’ll receive $20 in your account. You don’t even need to make a deposit. That $20 will work as follows:
- $10 in free-play cash to use at 888 Casino, 888’s sister site with non-poker games.
- $4 credited to your bankroll, which you can use at 888 Poker or 888 Casino.
- Six tickets valued at $1 each that you can use to enter poker tournaments on the site.
You’ll have seven days after account creation to use and earn the poker credit. The money will be released in $1 increments for every four status points you earn (more on status points later).
Fully matched deposit bonus up to $1,500
Where the 888 Poker bonus is really tantalizing is in the $1,500 deposit match. That’s among the largest of its kind of any online poker site. Granted, you are going to have to really work to grind out the complete bonus, but it is there for the taking if you play enough. You’ll have 90 days from the date of first deposit to earn all of the money.
First, make a minimum deposit of $10. Then, the site will release the bonus in $10 increments for every 100 bonus points you earn. So, if you choose to deposit the full $1,500, you’ll have to earn 15,000 bonus points to unlock the entire amount. Realistically, most casual players probably won’t be able to achieve this. But if you are a serious rounder who plays almost daily, you should be able to take full advantage of this offer within the three-month period.
You can withdraw any winnings you earn with the bonus money immediately, and there is even a convenient bonus meter at every table you sit at, so you’ll know exactly how many points you have and how close you are to earning the next release of your bonus.
How to sign up at 888 Poker
Follow these simple steps to sign up for an 888 account:
- Remember that you can only play if you are located in a state where it is legal to play online poker (in this case, Michigan).
- First, head to the US 888 website on your computer or smart device.
- In the top right corner of the homepage, look for a button to sign up.
- Click the button and begin by entering your name and email address, then creating a username and password.
- Lastly, you’ll have to enter your mailing address and the last four digits of your Social Security number. 888 is required to ask for this so it can verify that you are of legal age to gamble.
- Once you complete the brief sign-up process and verify your email address, you are all set to begin playing.
888 Poker loyalty program
888 has released a revamped version of its loyalty program. Although it can take a bit to wrap your head around, you’ll soon be on the road to valuable rewards. Here’s a breakdown of how the 888 Poker Club program works:
You’ll automatically be enrolled in the club as soon as you make your first real money deposit. You can start accruing points by completing various “Club Challenges” that are available throughout the year.
Complete the challenges and you will earn points that will keep accruing until you reach the next tier. Every time you “level up” you’ll receive an increasing amount of gold coins, which you can use in the 888 store to purchase items or monetary bonuses. The good news is that you never lose your level progress — once you level up, you will remain at that level forever until you level up again.
As you travel throughout the levels, you’ll receive various bonuses such as freeroll entries and scratch cards containing prizes. The whole thing is refreshingly different for an online poker platform, and the “gamified” style makes the gambling experience even more fun.
888 Poker software
888 Poker’s software is serviceable, but overall feels a little dated compared to some of its competitors. It’s obvious that 888 has focused its efforts in places other than upgrading the aesthetics. Still, it’s easy to find the games you are looking for, and you can join a cash game or a sit and go mere seconds after launching the program.
As you might expect, you can sort the tables by game type, stakes, players, etc. While playing, all of the essential information is easily visible at a glance, and the software overall is functional, intuitive and largely bug-free. It may lack some of the style of more modern platforms, but that does not seem to keep players away from the tables, as the No Limit Texas Hold’em tables on the 888 site are usually well-trafficked, especially during peak hours on the weekend. Hopefully 888 invests some time and funds into modernizing its software in the future.
How to download the 888 Poker app
Installing the 888 Poker program is a breeze. Follow the instructions below to install the software and start playing right away:
- Head over to the US 888 Poker website and select the state you are located in (Michigan). You can install the program on PC or Mac.
- Scroll down the page just a little and you will see the word “Download.” Click that.
- This will download the setup files to your desktop. Find where that file is (usually your downloads folder), and run that program to install the software.
- Locate where the installation file is on your hard drive, and run that to install the program.
- Launch the newly installed software and log in to the account that you had previously created.
- The program will check that you are within Michigan state lines, and that’s it!
If you prefer playing on a compatible smartphone or tablet, 888 offers an application that you can install to play. Here’s how to get the app:
How to download 888 Poker app on Android
- Head over to the 888 Poker website and scroll all the way to the bottom.
- At the bottom of the page, you will see a button with the familiar green android and the words “Available for Android.”
- Click on this button to begin the process to install the app.
- Just log in using your previously created account, and hit the tables.
How to download 888 Poker app on iPhone/iPad
- Navigate to the 888 Poker site.
- Scroll all the way down and you will see a large button with the Apple logo and a label that states “Download on the App Store”
- Clicking this will launch the App Store on your Apple device for you to install the app.
- Install the app, log in to your account and you’re all set! You can begin playing right away.
Poker games at 888 Poker
888 Poker is a reliable source for No Limit Hold’em cash action. Unfortunately, the platform is somewhat lacking when it comes to other variants. Tournaments are an option, and you’ll usually find a good number of players waiting to join a sit and go, or entering a multi-table tourney. There is also a fun variant known as blast tournaments that attracts players from around the state.
As previously mentioned, if you’re looking to play No Limit Hold’em, you can usually find a game. The problem is when you are looking to play other variants. Although technically offered by the platform, you are going to be hard pressed to find fellow Omaha or stud players, even during peak weekend hours. Here is a list of the full ring game variants that the 888 Poker platform supports:
- Texas Hold’em (Limit and No Limit)
- Pot Limit Omaha
- High/Low PLO
- Seven Card Stud
- High/Low Seven Card Stud
In addition to cash games, you can also enter a variety of tournaments on the 888 Poker platform. Although not as numerous or robust as some competing sites, 888 does offer guaranteed minimum tournaments, and there will probably be some action whenever you log on. Here’s a list of the types of tournaments that 888 is currently offering:
- Multi-table tournaments: Offered daily, in both Texas Hold’em and Omaha variants. Larger weekly tournaments are also on offer, with juicy guaranteed prize pools.
- Sit and go tournaments: With stakes ranging from $0.25 up to $10, these single table tournaments are faster than MTT affairs, and usually available on demand. Plays heads up or nine-handed.
- Blast tournaments: Unique to 888 Poker, these four-handed sit-and-go tournaments feature a randomly assigned prize pool (between two and 10,000x the buy in). Players automatically go all in every hand, and the last player standing wins.
Despite running on an older software framework, 888 Poker still allows you to play multiple hands simultaneously. In fact, the software has a neat feature where a window will pop up when the action is on you, so that you don’t fold a great hand carelessly. You can even play cash games at the same time as playing a tournament. Multi-tabling is supported on the desktop software and the mobile applications, although you may want to use the desktop version for the larger display.
Banking options at 888 Poker
888 features a variety of options for depositing funds to your digital wallet.
How to deposit
Currently, you can add money to your 888 Poker account via the following methods:
- ACH bank transfer
- Casino cage at Caesar’s Casino
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover)
- Bill pay bank transfer
How to cash out
When you’re ready to withdraw your winnings, it’s time to cash out. Unfortunately, 888 is comparatively limited when it comes to getting your cash. Still, it does have a few options available to players:
- ACH bank transfer
- Casino cage
As with all online poker sites, there is a short waiting period during which the company must review and verify that the withdrawal is legitimate. Still, 888 does a good job at getting you your cash fairly quickly. 888 does not charge a fee for withdrawals.
888 Poker customer service
888 has a few basic ways of contacting the company if you need help with an issue while using its product. It lacks the live chat feature that a lot of other companies have, but there are still a few ways to get in touch with someone. Reports are that response times using email and web form are pretty slow, so your best bet is probably to call directly. It also features a pretty robust self-help FAQ on its site, so you may be able to resolve your issue without contacting anyone.
Is 888 Poker legal in Michigan?
If you are within Michigan state lines, you don’t have to worry about the legality of playing poker on the 888 platform. Recent legislation has made it possible to gamble online in the Great Lake State, and 888 has taken significant steps to be one of the first operators available. It is approved for real money gambling, and regulated by the Michigan Gaming Control Board. Its deposit and withdrawal methods are also secure, using top-tier encryption methods to keep your money safe.
History of 888 Poker
888 Poker is a division of the larger 888 Holdings, which is a publicly-traded gambling company that has been in existence since 1997. In 2002, 888 Poker launched as Pacific Poker in the United States, and operated until 2006. It continued to grow in popularity in the European market after ceasing operations in the US.
In 2013, legal changes made it possible for 888 to make its return to the American market, where it relaunched as 888 Poker. It has a domestic presence in all states that allow online gambling. In certain states, it has a partially shared liquidity agreement with WSOP, and it also has teamed up with Caesars Entertainment to expand its offerings.