TwinSpires online casino in Michigan is no longer active. TwinSpires now only offers an online racebook, not an online casino or sportsbook. Here are some great online casinos in Michigan that you can sign up:
Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby, launched the first TwinSpires online casino in Michigan in partnership with the Hannahville Indian Community in early 2021. TwinSpires is the new name of the BetAmerica brand. The site next rebranded in Pennsylvania before launching in New Jersey at the tail end of 2021.
Featuring software by gambling giant GAN, TwinSpires offers a variety of slots and table games, including progressive jackpots, blackjack, video poker, roulette and baccarat. New customers can claim a welcome bonus of protected play up to $500 for a day, plus 250 bonus spins on Starburst.
Keep reading for more on TwinSpires’ welcome bonus and other promotions, site navigation and software, and all about the games.
TwinSpires Casino Michigan welcome bonus
To claim the TwinSpires welcome bonus you don’t need an offer code, make your first deposit and start playing games. The casino will refund any net loss after your first 24 hours in site credits.
Once you’ve completed your insured day, you’ll get 50 bonus spins to use on the slot game Starburst every day for five days, for a total of 250 bonus spins. Before you can withdraw any winnings, you’ll need to meet some wagering requirements.
TwinSpires Casino Michigan offer code 2024
|Michigan TwinSpires Offer Code
|No Deposit Bonus
|250 Bonus Spins
|Protected betting up to $500
Terms and conditions apply to all offers. Please see TwinSpires Casino for details. 21+ Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER+
TwinSpires welcome bonus details
Once you’ve entered the TwinSpires offer code and made a deposit, your 24 hours begins. If you win, congratulations are in order. But you won’t qualify for the bonus, because you ended up with a net gain, not a net loss. But if, for instance, you deposit $100 and wind up with $25, you’ll have a net loss of $75. TwinSpires Michigan will then add $75 in site credits to your account within three days.
Next, if you’ve made at least one deposit, you’ll get 50 bonus spins every day for five days, for a total of 250 bonus spins. To qualify, just launch the Starburst game, and the casino will add your bonus spins automatically.
You can use the spins just to play Starburst. Importantly, you must use them the day you receive them or they’ll expire. You’ll receive any winnings from the spins as site credits. Note that you wager real money funds before site credits, so you’ll need to play off your cash deposit first. Once you play through your site credits, any winnings will turn into unrestricted cash. See the terms and conditions for complete details.
How to join TwinSpires Casino in Michigan
Signing up for TwinSpires Michigan Casino is easy. To get started, head to the casino website and click the green “Join now” button in the top right corner.
Enter your legal name, phone number and email address, along with the bonus code, and click apply. You should see an on-screen message saying, “Bonus code has been accepted.”
Then move to the second screen and enter your address exactly as it appears on your driver’s license. Open the final screen and enter a username and password, then set up two security questions.
Finally, enter your birthdate and the last four digits of your Social Security number, then click the boxes to agree with the legal terms. Lastly, opt in or out of email offers and additional password authentication before clicking “join” to finish up.
Ongoing TwinSpires promotions
TwinSpires offers a few simple promotions, such as leaderboard contests, drawings and bonus spins for select slots, but no loyalty program. The promotions page primarily applies to the sportsbook, so you’ll have to click on promotional offers scrolling across the top third of the lobby to opt in. The following offers were available at the time of this review and are subject to change:
- 10K Bonus Spins Weekend Leaderboard: Opt in and receive two points for every $1 you wager on slots for a chance to win one of 50 shares of a pool of 10,000 bonus spins on a select slot title.
- $50,000 Prize Draw: Wager a minimum of $25 on slots or $50 on table games in one day to earn an entry into a $50,000 drawing. The prize is shared between 1,000 random entries.
- Slot of the Week Bonus Spins: Opt in, wager $10 on a slot (such as Drive: Multiplier Mayhem) and receive 20 bonus spins to use on the same game within 24 hours.
TwinSpires Casino Michigan app review
Michigan players can visit TwinSpires via iOS or Android app or web browser on a computer or mobile device. To download the app, click the logo appropriate for your device from the page footer and follow any additional prompts. Note that you’ll need to download and install the GeoComply plug-in to verify your location when visiting the site on a desktop or laptop computer.
BetAmerica originally used a platform from SBTech, but migrated to GAN’s GameStack platform in 2020 when DraftKings acquired SBTech. You can sort games by featured options, which displays the newest and most popular games; table games; slots; high-limit games; Vegas; and all games. Click the leaderboard tab to check your progress in current contests.
Navigating the site is easy. Along with the account menu, TwinSpires maintains a comprehensive site map at the bottom of every screen. Click your name at the top right of the screen to open your account menu, where you’ll find transactions, balances, bonuses and wager history.
Best features at the TwinSpires Casino
TwinSpires has a variety of facets, but here are the main points in its favor:
- Churchill Downs tradition: Synonymous with the iconic Kentucky Derby, Churchill Downs and TwinSpires have nearly 150 years of wagering history behind them. You know you can trust this brand.
- Patented GAN platform: With GAN’s platform experience, you’ll have a smooth gambling experience each time you log in to your account.
- Protected wagers up to $500: When you create an account, you’re backed by TwinSpires’ insured wagers up to $500 for a day. Then, get 250 bonus spins.
- Solid selection of games: TwinSpires offers a solid selection of slots and table games, including high limit titles and Las Vegas-style games.
TwinSpires online casino games
While other Michigan online casinos offer larger game libraries, TwinSpires offers a solid collection of slots, including progressive and fixed jackpots, and table games. Minimum and maximum wagers vary from game to game, but high rollers with deep pockets can view TwinSpires’ nearly 30 high-limit slots and table games by clicking the high limit tab.
Real money slots make up the bulk of TwinSpires’ game library. You can try a low volatility game that pays off lots of small wins, or, if you’re more interested in chasing a bigger jackpot, try a high volatility slot that features rarer but larger payoffs that can run up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Here are some interesting titles:
- Fantastic Fireworks: IGT’s first grid slot lights up the sky with goofy cartoon fireworks symbols on a floating, cascading grid. Wagers range from $0.20 on up in this 5×5 game that introduces a slew of special features and fun characters, along with a bonus spin bonus, a pick ’em round and a bonus meter game.
- Divine Fortune: From NetEnt, this game is one of the most popular progressive titles on the market. Along with regular six-figure jackpots, this game features a 5×3 grid, 20 paylines, wilds, wild-on-wilds, falling wilds, re-spins and a bonus spin bonus round. Divine Fortune is a medium volatility game with a 96.59% return-to-player rate with stakes ranging from $0.40 per spin to $400.
- The Legacy of Cleopatra’s Palace Extreme: High 5 Games’ 5×3-reel title has 10 paylines, high volatility and an RTP of 96%. You’ll find multiplying wilds, scatters and a bonus spin bonus game with a multiplier up to 6x. There’s also a potential to win up to 25,000x your stake.
- 5 Treasures: This 5×3 grid from Shuffle Master features 243 ways to win, five bonus spins bonus rounds and three fixed jackpots with the potential to win up to 1,760x your original stake. Wagers range from $0.11 up to $88. The average RTP is 96.37%.
- Dancing Drums: From SG Digital, this close cousin to 88 Fortunes has paid off big for two TwinSpires Casino players, who won $50,000-plus and $100,000-plus in 2021. This game features a 5×4 grid with 7,776 ways to win, a bonus spin bonus game, bonus side games and special features, and the Fu Babies jackpot that can trigger on any spin. This medium-volatility game has a 96% average RTP.
Other TwinSpires slots to try include Turn Your Fortune, Venice Amore, Lucky Rooster and Michelangelo.
TwinSpires’ table game library includes roulette, baccarat, video poker and blackjack.
Roulette is a simple game to learn and a lot of fun to play. TwinSpires offers several versions, including Classic Roulette, two versions of American roulette, European roulette, Double Bonus Spin Roulette, Monopoly Big Spin and two first person titles from Evolution Gaming — Lightning Roulette and Classic Roulette.
Baccarat is another fun game that features a bit more strategy. Basically, you place a wager on the player, the banker or a tie at the beginning of each hand. TwinSpires offers several variants, including Classic Baccarat from IGT, Baccarat Professional Series from NetEnt and Baccarat First Person from Evolution Gaming.
Other table games include three first-person titles from Evolution — Dragon Tiger, Dream Catcher and Football Studio.
Blackjack is one of the most popular casino games, largely because it’s fairly easy to learn and features a high return-to-player ratio. When it comes to playing blackjack, TwinSpires has you covered with several variants, including one high limit game. Choose from Blackjack Multihand, High Limit Blackjack, two versions of Classic Blackjack from IGT and NetEnt, and IGT’s Blackjack Poker & Pairs.
With multiple games included in several titles, including IGT’s Game King suite and the Ultimate X Poker series, TwinSpires offers a solid collection of video poker games, including six high limit titles. Multiple-game titles include the following:
- GameKing Video Poker
- Triple Play Draw Poker
- 5 Play Draw Poker
- 10 Play Draw Poker
- Ultimate X Poker Triple Play
- Ultimate X Poker 5 Play
- Ultimate X Poker 10 Play
- High Limit GameKing Video Poker
- High Limit Triple Play Draw Poker
- High Limit 5 Play Draw Poker
- High Limit Ultimate X Poker Triple Play
- High Limit Ultimate X Poker 5 Play
- High Limit Ultimate X Poker 10 Play
You’ll also find a variety of poker titles from SG Digital, including Three Card Stud, Texas Hold’em Plus, Casino Hold’em Poker, Casino War, Zappit Poker, I Love Suits Poker and Let It Ride Bonus Poker.
Demo mode and real money casino games at TwinSpires
With so many games, it might be hard to figure out what you want to play next. Want to try out a new slot or table game before you risk any of your own money? Demo mode has you covered. You can learn the finer points of baccarat or that new video poker game you’re been curious about without risking any real money.
TwinSpires banking options
TwinSpires Casino MI offers a range of safe and secure banking methods for deposits and withdrawals.
Select one of the following banking options to fund your TwinSpires account:
- Visa, Mastercard credit card: For deposit only. Minimum deposit of $1 up to a maximum of $9,999.
- TwinSpires Play+ card: Prepaid account. Minimum deposit of $1 up to a maximum of $2,000. You don’t need to use this method to make a deposit before you can use it for a withdrawal, but you’ll need to enroll via the deposit page first.
- ACH e-check: Deposit money directly from your bank account into your TwinSpires account. Minimum deposit of $10 up to $9,999 maximum.
- Online banking: Deposit money from your bank into your TwinSpires balance via a previously set up bill pay account. Minimum of $10 up to $9,999.
- Skrill: Online e-wallet that you can fund by credit card or bank transfer. You can create new accounts automatically via TwinSpires. Minimum deposit of $1 up to a maximum of $9,999.
- Check or money order: Deposits by mail are accepted via personal, cashier’s, certified and traveler’s checks. See online cashier for full details. Allow seven to 10 days for transit and processing. Personal checks are held for an additional five days.
- PayPal: Must be linked to an online banking account. Minimum of $10 up to $9,999 maximum.
Select one of the following options to withdraw money from your TwinSpires account:
- TwinSpires Play+ card: Prepaid account has a minimum withdrawal of $0.01 up to $25,000 per transaction. Will typically transfer immediately after internal review.
- ACH e-check: Transfer directly into your bank account. No withdrawal limit. Must enroll by making a deposit before you can use this method to make a withdrawal. You can enroll up to five bank accounts.
- Online banking: Withdraw cash from your TwinSpires balance into your bank using bill pay. Minimum withdrawal of $0.01 up to a maximum of $9,999. May take two to five days after internal review to appear in your account.
- Skrill: Note that this e-wallet will charge a fee to process your withdrawal.
- Check by mail: Allow seven to 10 days for processing and transit.
- PayPal: Must use for deposit before you can use it to make a withdrawal. Minimum withdrawal of $10 up to $9,999 maximum. Will typically transfer immediately after internal review.
TwinSpires Casino customer service
If you’re unable to find an answer to your question on the FAQ, accessed via the contact link in the page footer, TwinSpires offers a number of other support options:
- 24/7 live chat: Click the blue support icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to open a live chat window.
- 24/7 email support: Reach out to [email protected].
- Toll free phone: Call 877-774-7371 between the hours of 9 a.m. and 2 a.m.
Is TwinSpires Casino legal in Michigan?
Yes. Michigan lawmakers enacted the Lawful Internet Gaming Act in 2019, with the Michigan Gaming Control Board providing oversight. For questions and concerns, contact the MGCB via email at [email protected], or call 313-456-4100.
TwinSpires is licensed in partnership with the Hannahville Indian Community, which operates the land-based Island Resort & Casino in Harris. Players must be at least 21 years old and located within state lines to wager real money online in Michigan.
TwinSpires and the Island Resort & Casino
The Island Resort & Casino is wholly owned and operated by the Hannahville Indian Community, a federally recognized Potawatomi Indian tribe that resides in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula.
Located just outside of Escanaba and about 100 miles north of Green Bay, Wisconsin, Island Resort & Casino features 36 holes of championship golf, over 320 guest rooms, a 42-site RV Park, the Drift Spa, six dining options, two entertainment venues, and one of the top casinos and poker rooms in the Midwest. TwinSpires opened a retail sportsbook there in 2020.
Background on TwinSpires Casino in Michigan
Originally called BetAmerica, TwinSpires is the iconic brand of Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. TwinSpires debuted its online casino and sportsbook in Michigan in early 2021, while the Pennsylvania BetAmerica site rebranded in April. TwinSpires Casino New Jersey launched in December 2021.
Additional BetAmerica and TwinSpires retail and online sportsbooks are located in Indiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Arizona and New Jersey. In addition to Presque Isle Downs and Lady Luck Nemacolin in Pennsylvania, Churchill Downs also owns or operates land-based properties in Mississippi, Louisiana, Ohio, Maryland, Maine, Florida, Illinois and Kentucky.
Does TwinSpires have a bonus code?
No, there is not a TwinSpires bonus code.
Can I bypass the geolocation software?
No. In order to wager real money online in Michigan, you must be at least 21 years old and located within state borders. TwinSpires’ app includes built-in geolocation software to make sure you don’t place any illegal wagers outside the state. If you try to bypass geolocation, you won’t be able to wager.
Is there a TwinSpires app for my iPhone/iPad?
Yes. TwinSpires’ app works for iOS and Android phones and tablets.
Does TwinSpires Casino accept PayPal?
Yes. The TwinSpires Casino MI app accepts a variety of banking methods for making deposits and withdrawals, including PayPal. Other options include credit cards, TwinSpires Play+ card, ACH e-check and Skrill.
Does TwinSpires charge a withdrawal fee?
No. TwinSpires will not charge you a fee for deposits or withdrawals. Some financial institutions may charge a fee to process a withdrawal, such as Skrill. For more information, contact your bank.